A message from a veteran player to the devs: I'm so glad I preordered EoD

5 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

It powercreeps Vitality (2.400hp) to all classes, and they said they are thinking in adding more stats like dmg etc in their stream. Even tho vitality its not the best stat, its still a powercreep for all past content, and if they add more stats even more.

Here you can see people giving thanks for a content that they havent even played yet. I dont see if it makes sense at all.

Altough it is a power creep, dont forget that boons are nerfed by 50%.

11 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Yeah but it depends on you, the other guy posted criticism (or opinion) about the game, he didn't post hate, he pointed out some good points and some not good points. I don't get why this post's author decided to make a post against his tho, if there's a topic post where it has positive review and some other posts a negative review in a new post, mentioning the previous positive post, you think that's ok?

If you want to post a good review, u can, but why attack other's review personally?

I am not attacking anyone.  I'm glad I preordered and am really looking forward to the expac.  I don't think "attack" means what you seem to think it means.  Peace, love, and happy gaming!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I'm thankful for a thread that started off positive.

We've had a lot of "ugh EOD" threads, and even though plenty of people respond and say the opposite, that they like what they've seen so far, it continually bumps the same grumpy thread title back to the top of the forum. It's nice to have places to talk positively without it appearing to be in reaction to negativity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

I am not attacking anyone.  I'm glad I preordered and am really looking forward to the expac.  I don't think "attack" means what you seem to think it means.  Peace, love, and happy gaming!

You made a topic similar to the other ones, and started of, not thanking gw2 but mentioning other (and similar other) posts. 

You might not have intended to, but it does look like you "attacked" his opinion personally (my English is not so good, so attacked might be strong word, I don't know any alternative). 

If you didn't intend to, do understand that the other person wouldn't take it the same way, and might be discouraged to give their opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

You made a topic similar to the other ones, and started of, not thanking gw2 but mentioning other (and similar other) posts. 

You might not have intended to, but it does look like you "attacked" his opinion personally (my English is not so good, so attacked might be strong word, I don't know any alternative). 

If you didn't intend to, do understand that the other person wouldn't take it the same way, and might be discouraged to give their opinion. 

OK, I get you now.  I do think (my opinion only) that "attacked" is not the right word here.  True, I was imitating the other thread with the similar title, but not in a malicious way.  There's an old joke that the internet is in dire need of a sarcasm font, and this is so true.  My point was that I too am a longtime player of GW and GW2 and I'm really happy about and looking forward to EoD.  Some posts are negative with constructive criticism but most I've seen are negative without being constructive.  I understand wanting to rant about a game one doesn't like.  Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 2/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

So many naysayers and downers here.  I've been playing GW since the first days of the first game, and I love it.  I preordered EoD as soon as I could and I'm PROUD of it.  Am really looking forward to next Monday.  What to do first?  Elite specs, new maps, new story, new skins, fishing, siege turtle, Jade Bot, new legendary, soak in the awesome new soundtrack.  Thanks, devs!

How did it go again? "Making necessity a virtue"?
You made a decision and for better or for worse results of it are yours. Does not change the logical fact that everyone who decides to buy after launch (and possibly some player feedback) will have exactly same amount of content and activities to enjoy as you. Pre-purchase does not make it any better. There's next to nothing lost by waiting, outside maybe massively overpopulated maps, possible server crashes and bugs galore.

Honestly i think a-net should've included much better pre-purchase bonuses - for example 1 build template expansion or total makeover kit to Canthanize your characters. The fact they didn't means that they're either that confident in their xpac, or that inept at marketing.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

15 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

How did it go again? "Making necessity a virtue"?
You made a decision and for better or for worse results of it are yours. Does not change the logical fact that everyone who decides to buy after launch (and possibly some player feedback) will have exactly same amount of content and activities to enjoy as you. Pre-purchase does not make it any better. There's next to nothing lost by waiting, outside maybe massively overpopulated maps, possible server crashes and bugs galore.

Honestly i think a-net should've included much better pre-purchase bonuses - for example 1 build template expansion or total makeover kit to Canthanize your characters. The fact they didn't means that they're either that confident in their xpac, or that inept at marketing.

I don’t think anyone said it’s better to pre purchase. Buy it when you want and if you want to. Nothing wrong with either one of the choices. 

i chose to pre purchase cause I’m looking forward to the new content and know I would buy it anyways. The skins and other goodies is pure bonus since I would buy the expansion even without it. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

To be honest this is a childish post. How are you gonna be proud of preordering an Expansion that you havent played? and you dont know if its great or bad. Either way thanking the devs for their amazing and hard work, like you are paying them and dont even know what was that "hard work", its nice to have appreciation but maybe waiting till it comes out and actually see? At least the other guy posted some problems the game has right now.

Yes, I AM childish!  Playing games and being occasionally childish keeps me young (I'm a grandmother).  I preordered for several reasons:  at the time it was announced, I had the money to spare, not always a given in these pandemic times.  Mostly, I have loved GW2, HoT, and PoF, so I felt pretty confident that I'd like EoD.   And apparently it's all right if someone else -- who hasn't waited 'til the game has come out and has played it either -- points out problems?  Too funny.

Edited by Witch of Doom.5739
wording
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

On 2/22/2022 at 12:07 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

Thanks!

My son, at this point, imagines we'll play together when he's an adult. I like to imagine we will, but will keep realistic expectations.

It's more likely than my daughter's imagination, in which she will someday buy a house right next to ours so we can live on the same block. 😄

I love this!  I hope both your kids always play games with you, no matter how old you all get.  It's much more likely than your daughter buying a house next door.  🤣  I remember eons ago, our younger son thought our new minivan (groan) was just the coolest thing ever and swore he'd buy one just like it when he grew up.   Um, that did not happen.  But we do discuss new games all the time!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

I love this!  I hope both your kids always play games with you, no matter how old you all get.  It's much more likely than your daughter buying a house next door.  🤣  I remember eons ago, our younger son thought our new minivan (groan) was just the coolest thing ever and swore he'd buy one just like it when he grew up.   Um, that did not happen.  But we do discuss new games all the time!

My children started playing video games more than 30 years ago (me, more than 40 years ago).  We play together to this day.  🎮:classic_happy:

• Like 8

On 2/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Izzy.2951 said:

It powercreeps Vitality (2.400hp) to all classes, and they said they are thinking in adding more stats like dmg etc in their stream. Even tho vitality its not the best stat, its still a powercreep for all past content, and if they add more stats even more.

Ah yes boost in stats is going to powercreep past all content. I cant wait to be able to solo a world boss event thanks to that small stat upgrade. Man that vitality is going to make me so invincible it's great. 

On 2/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Izzy.2951 said:

Here you can see people giving thanks for a content that they havent even played yet. I dont see if it makes sense at all.

?? I just see someone looking forward to have more content ? I mean if in your books this is "giving thanks for something they havent tried" then I fail to see how it is different for other game . I saw a lot of comment like this before Endwalker releases for FF14, a while ago someone said EoD was underwhelming (without having played the expansion) while praising Lost Ark and even pre ordering something claiming this is going to be a great game (again without having even played the game). If in your book looking forward to play something is giving thanks for the dev, then you will be disappointed to find out a lot of players are giving thanks to the dev.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Ah yes boost in stats is going to powercreep past all content. I cant wait to be able to solo a world boss event thanks to that small stat upgrade. Man that vitality is going to make me so invincible it's great. 

It will help you not to die as much, not to kill it faster (it is called Vitality). And its not only about world bosses, what about story, instanced content?

Yeah give everyone 100k HP, cos its not a big deal 😂. Lets see when we get Power, Condi dmg, Toughness stats etc...

Love how people need to defend everything at all cost. It is a powercreep from an objective perspective, even if its not that impactful for you.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I finally bought the expansion yesterday and I'm really looking forward to playing it. I didn't intended to leave it this long but things kept coming up, and since I can't play it until the release date I wasn't in any rush. I'm really looking forward to it coming out. I'm fully expecting to ignore my own advice and try to play as soon as the patch hits, so I'm just trying to remind myself that's signing up to be one of the ones reporting all the bugs they'll need to fix in the fist few days. But I think it will be fun either way and I'm not expecting any major problems.

I'm also torn on whether to use the untamed spec on my ranger as soon as the expansion launches or if I want to wait until I reach the Echovald Forest or an NPC who explains it so I can feel like she learned it. With HoT it didn't matter because I didn't have enough hero points to fully train druid right away, with PoF I waited until I found the NPC to use soulbeast but I wasn't sure I'd want that one (it's actually the one I use most right now) but I'm looking forward to untamed and missed the new skills when the beta ended so waiting will be harder this time.

16 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

The deluxe edition includes an identity repair kit, which is a total makeover kit and name change contract.

A build template would be useless for me, I don't even use all the default ones and I've still got the token for a free one in my bank because I've never been able to decide which character to use it on. I'm much more likely to use a level 80 boost (probably for my pirate character since he'd work better as a deadeye than a core thief).

I doubt there's anything they could add which everyone would want.

11 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

My children started playing video games more than 30 years ago (me, more than 40 years ago).  We play together to this day.  🎮:classic_happy:

I'm kind of disappointed that my parents don't play the same type of games as me any more. They got me into gaming and we used to play a lot of the same stuff but these days they're mainly into those hidden object games and my dad likes some of the free-to-play (and pay-to-win, although he refuses to pay for them) strategy and simulation games on his tablet while I've gotten more into RPGs and adventure games, most of which are single-player. I think the last one we really played together was Warcraft 2.

I don't have kids, but if I ever do I hope they'll be into games as well and maybe we'd find things to play together. That's all very hypothetical at this point though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

It doesn't have to enable you to solo world bosses to be considered, accurately, power creep.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm kind of disappointed that my parents don't play the same type of games as me any more. They got me into gaming and we used to play a lot of the same stuff but these days they're mainly into those hidden object games and my dad likes some of the free-to-play (and pay-to-win, although he refuses to pay for them) strategy and simulation games on his tablet while I've gotten more into RPGs and adventure games, most of which are single-player. I think the last one we really played together was Warcraft 2.

As an older person, I can venture a few reasons for your parents' change in gaming, although of course it's none of my business what you and your folks play/enjoy.  Physical issues -- dexterity and vision are the two biggies.  I have arthritis in my hands and sometimes using a keyboard or controller hurts like heck, although helpfully getting immersed in a game helps me forget about the aches.  I can't see as well as I used to and will need cataract surgery in a year or two.  Tablet games are easier on my eyes but I don't love them as much.  (Maybe your folks would like The Room series?  Excellent puzzles and exploration.)  Happy gaming to all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

It will help you not to die as much, not to kill it faster (it is called Vitality). And its not only about world bosses, what about story, instanced content?

Yeah give everyone 100k HP, cos its not a big deal 😂. Lets see when we get Power, Condi dmg, Toughness stats etc...

Love how people need to defend everything at all cost. It is a powercreep from an objective perspective, even if its not that impactful for you.

I agree with you that the power creep is savage and potentially very damaging to the game but you are not expressing yourself in a manner or location on this topic that will engender any kind of actual discussion.

Try a thread on the topic and not insulting the OP.
Ultimately you do discussion on this topic a disservice by bringing it up here in this manner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

It doesnt even matter in the first place, they were made so that anyone even without a proper gear could finish them.

And I'm actually looking forward to see if this is going to be such a gamebreaking powercreep that people claims it to be. 

A powercreep that barely change anything in the first place.  That is like saying the Iphone 10 powercreep the Iphone 9 but when you compare the 2, there's barely any significant change, just a slight upgrade. 

Love how people just go full extreme and dramatize every single addition Anet dares introduce into their game. And then after a few weeks or month, there is no more complain, as if none of this even existed in the first place. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I agree with you that the power creep is savage and potentially very damaging to the game but you are not expressing yourself in a manner or location on this topic that will engender any kind of actual discussion.

Try a thread on the topic and not insulting the OP.
Ultimately you do discussion on this topic a disservice by bringing it up here in this manner.

Im giving my opinion, not insulting anyone. You can always spam the confusing emojis to show dissaproval or just (annoy). And my opinion is that i cannot say i want a refound or im glad i preordered since i havent even touched the product. So i can just talk about whats the game right now. 

Like it or not that is what i have been doing in this and the other post. Some people dont want you to post something that is not extremly positivity, which i think its not letting other express themselfs. So yes, let me post my thoughts on things, since im free to do it, and ive paid for every single product.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Im giving my opinion, not insulting anyone. You can always spam the confusing emojis to show dissaproval or just (annoy). And my opinion is that i cannot say i want a refound or im glad i preordered since i havent even touched the product. So i can just talk about whats the game right now. 

Like it or not that is what i have been doing in this and the other post. Some people dont want you to post something that is not extremly positivity, which i think its not letting other express themselfs. So yes, let me post my thoughts on things, since im free to do it, and ive paid for every single product.

You do you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1