Still no news about the next PvP Season ?

Justformylulz.8921

Hey,

usually the PvP seasons start the day the old season ends. Why has the next PvP season that should have started yesterday evening still not begun? Why are there no dates given for the start of the next season yet?
Its really annoying that you cant progress your Ascension achievements when there is no season going on. Also its quite unusual, since there hasnt been a single Offseason day since June 2020, according to the wiki.
Many people told me theyre not starting another season until EoD launches, but that doesnt make any sense. Why would Anet begin a 1 week long 2v2 season and stop it the week before EoD, instead of just letting it go for 2 weeks, so the season resets with launch.

Are there any news about the next PvP season Im missing? If so, please let me know. Im just really frustrated that I cant play ranked matches.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chokela.4823 said:

Because of their BEST cost politics run those last years. They are just not confident enough nowadays to do so. It says a lot about them....

As much as I appreaciate your answers, I really dont think that your point is correct. At least, I really hope it isnt....
The WvW weeks keep resetting, there is even a bonus WXP event going on at the moment. There has been an ongoing season through the PoF release and there hasnt been a single day of Offseason since June 2020. I really dont think (or rather hope) that this is the reason for the lack of a new season going on right now. They could have just made the last 1 week long 2v2 season a week longer, so it resets with the launch of EoD. Anets behavior really doesnt make any sense. Adding a potential 7+ days to my ascension achievement finishing is just really frustrating and disincentives even more people from playing sPvP.

Edited by Justformylulz.8921

Could be a reason too haha

In any case it shows a clear regression

Well OP if you are not convinced, would you mind sharing your own asumptions please

btw it's obvious that WvW and sPvP have different implementations (ie different ranges)

Edited by chokela.4823

2 minutes ago, chokela.4823 said:

Could be a reason too haha

In any case it shows a clear regression

Well OP if you are not convinced, would you mind sharing your own asumptions please

btw it's obvious that WvW and sPvP have different implementations (ie different ranges)

Well, my assumption is that Anet simply does not care about sPvP. Otherwise they would have told us about a season not starting as well as an explanation. Or given us a date of the beginning already. It just sucks. I am aware that WvW and sPvP are implemented differently, I was just underlining my point about it not being a software integration risk. Seasons do not interfere with EoD release, at least not to my knowledge.

Maybe EoD release includes season reworks who knows..

I think (I hope) the reason of sPvP miserable current state is complexier than just "who cares they dont bring $$$"

From my POV they invested a lot at start of sPvP (world turnament+ pro league), and the outcome just did not match with their expectations.

From their, internal politics conflict delayed solutions that far that most of them are not realistic anymore.....

Still, lets encourage the brave few people in anet who have to argue with those mini risk cowards directors. Keep on going guyz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Because daddy NCsoft only gives them enough pocket-money to make one update to servers per quarter.

"I don't care if you're releasing an expansion, you're not getting more allowance".

Or maybe for the first time they listened to people to not drop balance and gameplay changes in the middle of the PVP season turning the meta on its head. Highly doubtful since they did drop the slow kitten balance patches mid season anyway but one can dream that arenanet might be reasonable and all will be honey and rainbows in EOD.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ixon.2496 said:

So much for them being more transparent with communication, could have at least mentioned it in the last balance blog post

Yup, exactly, thats what I was also thinking. Kind of weird for them to introduce Offseason days for the first time since almost 2 years and not say anything about that. Also there was literally no reason to not keep the last 2v2 season, which was only 7 days long, going for another week. Weird behavior, really.

Maybe it simply bugged out, and since they open this section and/or sPvp ingame once or twice a year they simply didn't notice.

Imagine if this happened, idk, to the fractals not resetting daily, i assume they would have immediatly addressed the issue

Edited by ramorambo.6701

2 hours ago, Justformylulz.8921 said:

Yup, exactly, thats what I was also thinking. Kind of weird for them to introduce Offseason days for the first time since almost 2 years and not say anything about that. Also there was literally no reason to not keep the last 2v2 season, which was only 7 days long, going for another week. Weird behavior, really.

Feels great having my legendary PvP armor progress halted for a week for no good reason. With no warning. I only needed 25 more ascended shards for my second last piece. 

They're not going to start a new season in the middle of an expansion release. The devs don't want it (messes up metrics) and the players don't want it either (messes up ratings).

You want to be a Gold player and get kicked down to Bronze-Silver just because players on your team start playing the new Elites Specs when they come out, and don't know what they're doing and you lose a hundred games in a row?  Everyone has to be on equal footing at the start of the season for fairness.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

They're not going to start a new season in the middle of an expansion release. The devs don't want it (messes up metrics) and the players don't want it either (messes up ratings).

You want to be a Gold player and get kicked down to Bronze-Silver just because players on your team start playing the new Elites Specs when they come out, and don't know what they're doing and you lose a hundred games in a row?  Everyone has to be on equal footing at the start of the season for fairness.

There are still days till the expansion, should have just left 2v2 up.

8 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

well, there was still a week until EoD release, they couldve just let the 2v2 season going.

Also, what do you think they'll do? The argument with the new specs is not really valid, they'd have to keep ranked PvP offline for at least a month after the release, so for 5 weeks. Shutting down a whole game mode for 5 weeks is really not an option. I think they'll just start the new Season with EoD release (also the day where the new PvP patch comes online).

Nevertheless, having 7 days added to my already 60 day Ascension timegate is really frustrating and should not have happened without an explanation from Anet.