Story so Far [lore discussion]

EdwinLi.1284

The story so far summarized by Taimi.

Taimi's condition appears to have reach a critical point where she is running out of time now.

It appears the balance is still becoming unstable at a point that there is little time left now and the replace the Elder Dragon plan has failed in Taimi eyes so a new plan needs to be found.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

20 minutes ago, Isshagal.3016 said:

Thank the gods/Gods.

It's already stretched too far.

Please, let someone else come up with the plan, and replace the Taimi Ex Machina.

How about she dies and doesn't get a replacement?

We don't need a screeching annoyance in our ears that seemingly solves most problems in less than a wink of an eye.

• Like 3
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

The only thing to room to speculate its that "everyone is sad" scene in sort of "broken lab"(theres branded stuff too). if isn't trailer only stuff, its means we gonna have some "prologue".

Isn't that from the LS4 finale, with Aurene? 

I really appreciate that the balance issues are finally being acknowledged and addressed again. I really disliked how the second half of LS5 just skipped over all the worldbuilding that had been put in the ED story since LS2/ HoT/ LS3. So many discussions between the characters that should have happened, but didn't. So at least now we know the deaths of EDs are still supposed to destabilize the All and Aurene might not be the perfect replacement for all the dragons.

That's something. Now I hope EoD will build on that. Ingame, if possible.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Nothing really new,

The only thing to room to speculate its that "everyone is sad" scene in sort of "broken lab"(theres branded stuff too). if isn't trailer only stuff, its means we gonna have some "prologue".

Only the intro part of Taimi in a chair is new footage. Everything else is from either in-game footage or trailers.

That last shot is from the War Eternal trailer: 

8 minutes ago, Fenella.2634 said:

I really appreciate that the balance issues are finally being acknowledged and addressed again. I really disliked how the second half of LS5 just skipped over all the worldbuilding that had been put in the ED story since LS2/ HoT/ LS3. So many discussions between the characters that should have happened, but didn't. So at least now we know the deaths of EDs are still supposed to destabilize the All and Aurene might not be the perfect replacement for all the dragons.

Same. I hope this gets put in-game because it really should be.

But like the War Eternal trailer that would make a perfect intro for S4E6 / intermission between S4E5 and S4E6, or the many other trailers that set up story, it likely won't be.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 3

“Not everyone made it” said as Zojja’s silhouette appears on screen before Eir, Belinda, and Trahearne.

Zojja confirmed dead? That seems to be the implication at least. Is this the first indirect mention of her since the “rumor” in season 3?

Edit: Also pleased this trailer confirms they’re picking up dropped/ignored plot and character threads.

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Zola.6197 said:

“Not everyone made it” said as Zojja’s silhouette appears on screen before Eir, Belinda, and Trahearne.

Zojja confirmed dead? That seems to be the implication at least. Is this the first indirect mention of her since the “rumor” in season 3?

Edit: Also pleased this trailer confirms they’re picking up dropped/ignored plot and character threads.

As it was pointed out, that’s taken from old trailer and she’s always been at the front of it. After the “ not everyone made it” then they show the deaths. It doesn’t appear to indicate anything.

If it does, that’s poor from the writers. I don’t think they’d do that though

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

As it was pointed out, that’s taken from old trailer and she’s always been at the front of it. After the “ not everyone made it” then they show the deaths. It doesn’t appear to indicate anything.

If it does, that’s poor from the writers. I don’t think they’d do that though

well at this point we can conclude Zojja is in a permanent vegetable state since that was the last thing we heard about Zojja. 

It's good to know this whole killing Dragons bad thing is still relevant after years of there being no real weight to it.
But just addressing it isn't enough, we need to see that weight in game and so far we just haven't.

Hopefully we won't just be rushing off into Cantha at the start of EoD, Personally I am hoping that at least a few missions etc will take place in existing content.
Basically EoD includes a prologue to itself before we get into all that new Canthan content.

Some people may not like that but at the end of the day it'll buff out that EoD content a lot more which will make the expansion overall bigger and longer which is something a lot of people have been asking for for a very long time when it comes to Gw2 expansions.
A big concern right now is that there just isn't any buildup to Cantha so imo we need this.
If EoD starts with basically one Character saying.. uh We need to go to Cantha now cause reasons then EoD is going to have a very very VERY!! poor first impression.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

It's good to know this whole killing Dragons bad thing is still relevant after years of there being no real weight to it.
But just addressing it isn't enough, we need to see that weight in game and so far we just haven't.

Hopefully we won't just be rushing off into Cantha at the start of EoD, Personally I am hoping that at least a few missions etc will take place in existing content.
Basically EoD includes a prologue to itself before we get into all that new Canthan content.

Some people may not like that but at the end of the day it'll buff out that EoD content a lot more which will make the expansion overall bigger and longer which is something a lot of people have been asking for for a very long time when it comes to Gw2 expansions.
A big concern right now is that there just isn't any buildup to Cantha so imo we need this.
If EoD starts with basically one Character saying.. uh We need to go to Cantha now cause reasons then EoD is going to have a very very VERY!! poor first impression.

I assume there will be one dialogue with Taimi in either Rata Sum, the Dragon Lab or the Eye of the North. She'll tell us that she found out where the magic not absorbed by Aurene went (which will turn out to be Cantha). We then take yet another of Kiel's airships from Lion's Arch to move onto Cantha.

While a more in-depth pre-Cantha section would be better, I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I think we may see the balance itself becoming unstable near the end of EoD and we have to stop it as the finale for EoD with LW after EoD focusing on dealing with the aftermath of Cantha almost being the center point of the world ending by the Unstable Balance of Magic. 

That moment in the finale of the EoD trailer looked a lot like the Balance has reach the critical point and it is about to explode but the Commander and his/her companions are there to stop it.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

2 hours ago, Legion.4198 said:

Maybe it's a coincidence, but the Jade Sea map shape vaguely resembles Malicious Oblivion. 

Gonna say coincidence, as the pieces that "vaguely resemble" each other in the image I've seen were part of GW1's map - just emphasized a bit in GW2 (particularly some mining out the jade sea and the whirlpool effect).

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, Fenella.2634 said:

Isn't that from the LS4 finale, with Aurene? 

Death to Erectile Dysfunction!  Who's with me?  Guys?  Guys!?  Damnit...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Am I the only one seeing a dragon head on that map??

I do see something vaguely resembling a skull which is circled in that image (so others see that too), but honestly it's so vague that I'm pretty sure it's nothing beyond pareidolia. Similar to the face of mars situation. It's just how human brains are wired, tbh.

• 1 month later...

Basically what I got out of it was that the "End of Dragons" era isn't really an end of dragons era. Like- it's sort of misleading. Now it's fish all day and wait for Aurene. Somehow I thought it was going ot be way more engaging. I mean I had just finished Grand Marshal and the Tactician. Mabey i'm missing something here- I thought about getting heart of thorns and Path of Fire but it looks like the thing you get out of it is basically just the mount, which you can unlock later in the Personal story.

14 minutes ago, Rhonzos.4169 said:

Basically what I got out of it was that the "End of Dragons" era isn't really an end of dragons era. Like- it's sort of misleading. Now it's fish all day and wait for Aurene. Somehow I thought it was going ot be way more engaging. I mean I had just finished Grand Marshal and the Tactician. Mabey i'm missing something here- I thought about getting heart of thorns and Path of Fire but it looks like the thing you get out of it is basically just the mount, which you can unlock later in the Personal story.

I have no idea what you mean by "Grand Marshal and the Tactician" Or what  you mean by "It's fish all day and wait for Aurene"