Quickness Firebrand - Boon Duration "Cap"

jvmanke.9346

This is more of a curiosity question than anything, because I'm not a high level player, and relatively new to the game, but...

I've been messing around with the new stat conbination coming from EoD (Ritualist's) to see if it could be useful in a quickness condi build for Firebrand, in the interest of ease to obtain I left the armor pieces as Exotic while I'm sudo theorycrafting.

Here is the build I'm currently running, full Viper's + Rune of Firebrand (copied from Snow Crows btw).

Here is the new build I'm eyeing on (WIP).

I was playing about the ammount I could shave from concentration or if I could remove the 10% from Sigil of Concentration and still maintain 100% Quickness uptime, however while trying to calculate how much boon duration I needed I came to the result that would need 51-56% (with/without 100% alacrity) boon duration. Seeing that the "meta" build usually have at a maximum 30% I'm probably considering, or not considering, something wrongly.

Here are my calculations:

The skills that provide quickness (for a group) are:

1. Mantra of Potence - 2.5s every 12s (this gives you 5s at the start if the fight but let's ignore that for now) - Not affected by Alacrity
  2. Feel My Wrath - 3s every 30s (6s for you but we are thinking group here) - Affected by Alacrity goes to 24s cooldown
  3. Mantra of Solace:
    1. Liberator's Vow: 2s every 12s (technicaly every 7s but then you'd run out of charges) - Not affected by Alacrity
    2. Stalwart Speed: 2s every 12s (technicaly every 7s but then you'd run out of charges) - Not affected by Alacrity

This gives us an uptime of: 64.16% (w/o Alac) / 66.66% (w/ Alac)

1. 2.5/12 ~ 20.83%
  2. 3/30 = 10%  /  3/24  = 12.5%
  3. 4/12 ~ 33.33%

To find how much boon duration we need, we can do the following:

64.16% uptime ---- 100% duration (0 concentration)

100% uptime    ---- 100+x% duration (x is the end boon duration stat)

x = (100% * 100%) / 64.16% - 100% = 55.86% w/o Alac

x = (100% * 100%) / 66.66% - 100% = 50.01% w/ Alac

What am i doing wrong?

I'm probably not considering something simple...

Anyway, I'm here to learn, shoot away!

Calculation is correct but you are making the mistake that both Mantra of Potence and Mantra of Solace are not affected by alacrity. They are affected which will make them both a 9.6 second cooldown. The related traits are not affected by alacrity, so liberator's vow and stalward speed stay at 7 seconds internal cooldown.

This will give:

2.5/9.6+4/9.6+3/24= 0.802 --> 1/0.802 = ~1.247 meaning 24.7% boon duration required.

Keep in mind that this assumes that Feel My Wrath is pressed off cooldown and doesn't have a cast time, which is not really accurate. Usually I add like 2 seconds for this making you require 26.2% boon duration. On top of this you will have the extra mantra charges that you can use for extra quickness.

Firebrand runes were used intentionally to go quite a bit over the 100% quickness uptime (iirc firebrand runes would get around 110% uptime), just because mantra's were a unreliable source of quickness cause of its prioritization, which could lead to giving quickness to people from other subgroups or summoned NPC's which is not what you want.

kitten, I knew I was missing something... Could have sworn the recharge on ammo skills didn't get affected by Alac, should have tested it before hand. I guess I'll strive for 30% just with the new stat set we get to 33% by itself.

Ty for the reply!

On a side note, I really like this new stat combination, the power+precision from Viper's were always so weird to me, but they helped get some condi back from the utility consumables, but now the other main stat being vitality, it pairs well with Power of the Virtuous, getting almos 300 condi damage stat ahead of the viper's set (200 ahead of the celestial variant), plus the extra survivability.

8 hours ago, jvmanke.9346 said:

On a side note, I really like this new stat combination, the power+precision from Viper's were always so weird to me, but they helped get some condi back from the utility consumables, but now the other main stat being vitality, it pairs well with Power of the Virtuous, getting almos 300 condi damage stat ahead of the viper's set (200 ahead of the celestial variant), plus the extra survivability.

As a condition damage class you are actually always a hybrid as you'll always do some power damage. Alot of condition classes have traits that apply conditions on critical hits so having both power and precision is actually not as bad as you might think in terms of damage.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:36 PM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'll be "that guy" and say this: It is worth it to go over the minimum boon duration.  Reason being that bad and unpredictable things happen, so it is good to have excess boon duration when things go awry.  

Especially when you see pugs going for the optimal setup and failing to maintain quickness at all. Then again, some are even unable to do it with near 100 %. Guess spamming 3 skills with no (or next to none) casttime is still too hard,