Got killed during loading screen

Niki.8567

Maybe someone had posted this topic in the forum already. But i haven't found anything.

After reentering the map due to a disconnection my character got killed during the loading screen. I can't do anything and see only the loading screen. During that time the enemies arround attacked my character. Why is the character not invulnerable until the first key press after the loading screen disappear?

If you only see the loading screen, and not your character in the map, how do you know your character is dead?  If you can see your character, can you open the map? If you can open the map, you can use a Waypoint.

If all else fails, you can use the command line argument, -prefreset and that might help.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Thanks for your fast reply. I see my dead character after loading screen. I was in battle before disconnection. The enemies are still there after i restart the game. The character appears after i press the play button in the character menu. Using waypoints after disconnection during fight will be a bit expensive. And i missed some rewards because of that.

This is why, when you are not involuntarily logging out, it is best to leave your character in a safe place. Disconnecting/logging out can be dangerous, if not.

I don't think you have any choice but to Waypoint; I don't think you can use a Guild Hall, the PvP Lobby or Obsidian Sanctum whilst defeated.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo

You are invulnerable while loading, or more specifically, your character doesn't appear in the world until just before the loading screen ends. When you get disconnected, your character stays in the world for about 20 seconds, whereas if you logout or exit, your character instantly disappears. If you login/out while downed, your character instantly dies, whereas if you're still up, you're fully healed.

12 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

This is why, when you are not involuntarily logging out, it is best to leave your character in a safe place. Disconnecting/logging out can be dangerous, if not.

I don't think you have any choice but to Waypoint; I don't think you can use a Guild Hall, the PvP Lobby or Obsidian Sanctum whilst defeated.

If you got sandswept isle portal scroll or book you can use that to have friendly charr npcs revive you for free.