Hybrid Renegade - Runes and Sigils

daF.8407

Hi there,

I kept searching on google but didn't get the answers I was looking for, so maybe this is the right place, hope you guys can help.

I recently made a Revenant, looked at what the elite specs are and chose a Renegade, and decided to go for full Viper's gear. This is for open world btw.

From what I understand this would maximize my DPS and I don't have any character using Viper's (I have a power Berserker, a condi Firebrand and a condi Scourge).

My question here is probably about very small differences, but here goes:

In terms of Runes, I'm looking at either Elementalist or Pack:

- Elementalist puts me at 74% crit chance (with Fury) and 1368 condi damage

- Pack puts me higher in crit chance, at 80% (with Fury), but lowers my condi damage to 1143. However, it does give me a +15% boon duration and I am planning on 100% Fury uptime. Pack also gives me a solid 8 seconds of Fury when I enter combat

I don't like playing high intensity builds, so I plan on mainly staying in short bow, and use my Renegade and Dwarf stances. Renegade for most of the time, then Dwarf when I need to consume my battle scars with the Vengeful Hammers and also sustain and condi cleanse.

So I'm wondering which runes to pick. Does the 6% increase in crit chance matter more than the +225 condi damage?

As for Sigils, I'm thinking of getting Force and Bursting (strike damage and condi damage), but I've seen people talk about Sigil of Earth (bleeding upon crit). Can't find any info about the actual bleed damage, so I'm not sure if it would be better than Bursting (plain condi damage increase, which would apply to both bleeding and burning).

Sorry for the long post, hope it's a good conversation starter. Cheers!

UPDATE - as I looked more into it, I'm starting to think that maybe the questions should be either Rune of the Elementalist and Rune of the Renegade. How much would that +7% condi damage mean in comparison to the extra power I get from the Elementalist runes.

I run full viper with torment runes for the sustain. I'm not good at number crunching but since I set this up, I have never rolled through PvE so easily. You are talking open world here which is the only reason I chimed in. You can probably get more dps with the runes you are refering to but the heal on torment has made PvE trivial. Hope to see more responses as I wouldn't mind tweaking what I have. I use shortbow mostly and switch between kalla and mallyx.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I run full viper with torment runes for the sustain. I'm not good at number crunching but since I set this up, I have never rolled through PvE so easily. You are talking open world here which is the only reason I chimed in. You can probably get more dps with the runes you are refering to but the heal on torment has made PvE trivial. Hope to see more responses as I wouldn't mind tweaking what I have. I use shortbow mostly and switch between kalla and mallyx.

I run the same runes but on celestial gear, and some viper, for open world.  The heal is fantastic, and it's tremendous fun for solo play, and yes also Kalla/Mallyx and primarily a short bow.  

Might check out some builds on metabattle, OP, to see how some of the synergies work out.  And hopefully some others have some number crunching skills to answer you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was looking at Rune of Torment too, but having only the Sevenshot skill on short bow that inflicts Torment (even if it's 7 stacks every 7 seconds), I was wondering if it's worth it, I mean do you feel the sustain? Having full Viper, my Healing Power is 0, so that would mean only 171 healing per torment, so 1200 every time I use Sevenshot.

I also thought the Battlescars thing was my main sustain, but again, I haven't messed with any of the options yet and I wouldn't want to invest a lot of gold to try them all out 😄

Thanks a lot for the answers so far, I really appreciate it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daF.8407 said:

I also thought the Battlescars thing was my main sustain, but again, I haven't messed with any of the options yet and I wouldn't want to invest a lot of gold to try them all out 😄

Battlescars provide plenty. Plus you have two heal skills. Dwarf elite for 50% incoming strike damage and probably other stuff but it depends on how much you want to just stand around and trade blows with stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daF.8407 said:

I was looking at Rune of Torment too, but having only the Sevenshot skill on short bow that inflicts Torment (even if it's 7 stacks every 7 seconds), I was wondering if it's worth it, I mean do you feel the sustain? Having full Viper, my Healing Power is 0, so that would mean only 171 healing per torment, so 1200 every time I use Sevenshot.

Thanks a lot for the answers so far, I really appreciate it!

Battle Scars can absolutely sustain you without the Torment Runes. But the Torment Runes really put the build over the top into the braindead category even without investing in Healing Factor.
All this said, the absolute best way to run Renegade in OW these days (imho) is Celestial Gear with Torment or Nightmare Runes. Damage is within 15% of vipers and it permas alac on your group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is quite interesting but Rune of Torment just got nerfed into the ground :)) but then again Battle Scars have also been nerved, so now I'm left wondering what to do for sustain on my Renegade...

Edited by daF.8407