Is it just me or is the Candy Corn Gobbler just a terrible item?

jpsssss.7530

how?  according to the wiki's research statistics, you have about a 70-75% change to get a transform or a booster that will get stripped in raids/pvp/wvw. So if you aren't playing open world, you just waste candy corn 70-75% of the time...

Edited by jpsssss.7530
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

is the Candy Corn Gobbler just a terrible item?

Honestly, yeah, it kinda is. Even among people who like/use it, there have been plenty of threads over the years asking for ways to make it work better or an ability to shut off the sounds that play when it's activated. Being that you sometimes have to click it many times to get the desired effect, the noise can carry on for quite some time.

Here are some previous threads and remarks on the subject:
On auto-clicking
On audio spam 2
On Functionality
On Item Cooldown
On Equity With Other Gobbler Items 2
On RNG Returns

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

If you use it in wvw you can only get buffs that work there or transformations tho.

If you do this, make sure to join a map that doesn't impact the player count of the popular maps. Obsidian Sanctum, Edge of the Mists, or Armistice Bastion are good choices for this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

If you do this, make sure to join a map that doesn't impact the player count of the popular maps. Obsidian Sanctum, Edge of the Mists, or Armistice Bastion are good choices for this.

I park all of my characters in Armistice Bastion. You still get the transforms and open world buffs there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

As long as there are no queues it shouldn't matter too much.

Personally I like to use it whilst running between objectives/waiting for caps or invuln to time out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, it's a pretty annoying item to use. Anet should make a decision what they value each buff for in candy-corn-cost (=average it out according to current cost and probability) and then remake the gobbler to open a window like it is with karmic converter (but without the purchase limit, duh) or snowflake gobbler (but without the rng, since... that's the point here).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It has its uses, but its very annoying to use and its usually not worth using. When I was full on into WvW and getting the max XP rate and rewards I used to sit and click it till I had a ton of boosts, but later they (cause it was OP) removed the regen, armor, swiftness, etc boosts from wvw (yes they worked once) then I still used it for the XP boost when I didnt want to use the ones I have from AP chests and the other freebie boost sources. Now that I dont need to level in wvw and for the most part am done grinding legendaries I just let the stupid thing sit in the bank.

The item can be nice for WvW and open world but some times the load time on it arguably undoes its benefits.

The only actually useful QoL items from the BL TP are the salvage-o-matic and the Sancuary scrolls, maybe TP friend if you are new or low AP. The rest is either just fashion wars or junk.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

1 hour ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

The transformations happening is very annoying. I didn't know going into WvW would prevent that and give you buffs only.

It doesn't. All being in WvW does is prevent you getting the "PvE open world" buffs, like +5% armour. In its place, you get nothing, but you still get the mummy/spider/candycorn/ghost transforms.

E.g., in PvE it's a 6-sided dice with 1=XP, 2=Karma, 3=Armour.

In WvW it's a 6 sided dice with 1=XP, 2=Karma, 3=nothing.