Elemental summons

SoulGuardian.6203

Hi ANet,

I would like to request the following:

● Elemental Summons

Have an unlimited time manifestation, just like Necro minions, until slayed in battle, and respawn automatically after mount/dismount.

Say if you then want to spawn another elemental, it would replace the first one you spawned. 

That's pretty much it really folks.

Just a simple straight fowards request.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

I like the way it is now, where we can have up to 3 lesser elementals (or is it 4?)   My only wish would be for the elite elemental to have no downtime.

4 in total.

So you can have 4 lessers, or 3 lessers and 1 elite.

My request though is for all elementals to have no countdown timer.

You see... you could have 1 of each summon.

The reason I said about replacing one... and I don't know if you might have misunderstood; is that, for instance, if you summon 2 fire elementals, and have 2 others, and then you want an air one for speed; you could summon another one instead of waiting for it to die in battle, but because you can have limit of 4, the first one you summoned will die to be replaced by the new one.

Honestly, I don't see how you prefer as it is now, and having to summon them every minute or so, and having to summon them all again if you mount.

I'll have to disagree, but it's just illogical. 

Necros have their minions always up, unless killed.

Even when you mount, they respawn.

Rangers... same thing.

It makes sense that elementals have the same system.

It's different with clones and turrets.

Clones are... well, clones, they are meant to be shattered.

Turrets have to be destroyed because they're immobile.

But eles use the same principle as necros and rangers.

It makes sense that eles should have their summons just like minions.

The downside to permanent summons like minions is that they can keep you in combat for longer than you want to stay there, and make you have to wait longer / move further away to mount up.  And they can turn into “visual clutter” when you aren’t in combat - talking to an NPC, doing a puzzle, even just trying to navigate something.

I’d almost prefer they stay on timers but move to an ammo system so you could summon 3 in short order. 

But either way, they could probably use some updating.

• Like 1

I think the utility glyph pets should be more non hp and purely time base where they do have an effect on the ele and its group with boons as well as applying soft cc/ hard cc and condis of your foes. The elite glyph should be a full pet that you can rez and has no duration cap more like the pet eng is getting though eod but way less controllable and less effects over all.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Hi ANet,

I would like to request the following:

● Elemental Summons

Have an unlimited time manifestation, just like Necro minions, until slayed in battle, and respawn automatically after mount/dismount.

Say if you then want to spawn another elemental, it would replace the first one you spawned. 

That's pretty much it really folks.

Just a simple straight fowards request.

This won't happen.  In order to get 4 summons, necro needs to fill at minimum 3 utility slots.  Meanwhile, ele only needs to fill 1.  Besides that, ele would be pretty op if it could keep up 4 summons indefinitely. 

The despawn when mounting issue should definitely get fixed though.

4 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

In order to get 4 summons, necro needs to fill at minimum 3 utility slots.  Meanwhile, ele only needs to fill 1.  Besides that, ele would be pretty op if it could keep up 4 summons indefinitely.

And Necromancers can choose up to four traits to improve on the minions, while Elementalists have only one.

But if Elementals ever became permanent, I wouldn't mind the lesser Elemental to be limited to one again and being given back to ability command it.

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And Necromancers can choose up to four traits to improve on the minions, while Elementalists have only one.

But if Elementals ever became permanent, I wouldn't mind the lesser Elemental to be limited to one again and being given back to ability command it.

Dude, that wouldn't be a buff to lesser elementals, that'd be a nerf.  I can already keep 2 lesser elementals up pretty easily, I regularly reach 3, and I could reach 4 if I took the trait that reduces the cooldown for glyphs.  You want it to go down to 1?

Even if you had the ability to command it, that'd still be a nerf.  Have you ever used the elite summon?  There's like a 2 second delay between when I press the ability button to the elemental actually using it.

Edited by thepolishman.2348
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, Stx.4857 said:

I like the way it is now, where we can have up to 3 lesser elementals (or is it 4?)   My only wish would be for the elite elemental to have no downtime.

Its realistically 3, because after you get the 3rd one out, the 1st one expires before the signet recharges. 

Its is 4 all total if you have the greater elemental summoned as well. 

Edited by ClickToKill.8473

8 hours ago, ClickToKill.8473 said:

Its realistically 3, because after you get the 3rd one out, the 1st one expires before the signet recharges. 

Its is 4 all total if you have the greater elemental summoned as well. 

It's 4 if you get the trait that reduces cooldown for glyphs.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 6:58 PM, Jski.6180 said:

I think the utility glyph pets should be more non hp and purely time base where they do have an effect on the ele and its group with boons as well as applying soft cc/ hard cc and condis of your foes.

this one! but they need to have HP, so you can kill them in player versus player content.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1