Virtuoso Final Changes Thread

Tseison.4659

3 hours ago, Gryxis.6950 said:

Couldn't they like just change the buff it gets when traited instead of nerfing the untraited version to the ground if they really wanted to just decrease the target cap?

That's what I thought as well. And expected. I honestly can't wrap my head around it because it literally removed the untraited version from the game. 

Okay... That's a lie. I use it for Swiftness on my Virtuoso because I'm lazy 🤣

33 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

That's what I thought as well. And expected. I honestly can't wrap my head around it because it literally removed the untraited version from the game. 

Okay... That's a lie. I use it for Swiftness on my Virtuoso because I'm lazy 🤣

They could have left the 5 cap on and change the trait to buff boon duration by like 1-2sec instead.

But hey, it's mesmer they needed to stick an extra fork in there.

• Sad 1

The fact that Virtuoso's unique sword #3 is still undocumented, or that has it not been applied across the entire class for the sake of uniformity, and the fact that Anet forgot to add the blade tooltip functionality to swords shows just how sloppythe company's development is. Same for other elite specs. Many still have the same buggy/incorrect tooltips from beta days. Even some ugly, copy-pasted skill icons that I and many people were expecting to just be placeholders are still there. Fascinating.

Edited by Skyroar.2974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

All those chuckleheads who were constantly saying "Virtuoso is GREAT!  They'll make sure it's viable when it's released!" should come in here and eat crow. And then leave forever. 

I'm one of them and I will still play it, its way easier to stock blades than clones so for pve its just fine. I want to see buffs to some of the core traits especially around boon application from Bountiful Disillusionment, it should be a per shatter buff.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

I'm one of them and I will still play it, its way easier to stock blades than clones so for pve its just fine. I want to see buffs to some of the core traits especially around boon application from Bountiful Disillusionment, it should be a per shatter buff.

Virtuoso doesn't come remotely close to the burst, effortless play, and quality of like as open world chrono and it doesn't remotely stack up to staff mirage's boss soloing capabilities.  It has nothing going for it except raid DPS, if it even really has that. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Virtuoso doesn't come remotely close to the burst, effortless play, and quality of like as open world chrono and it doesn't remotely stack up to staff mirage's boss soloing capabilities.  It has nothing going for it except raid DPS, if it even really has that. 

Well I can always switch back if I don't like it, die or don't do enough damage. For now I will play it and try work in focus to group up enemies to blow them up, I'm playing a inspiration build which work surprisingly well since stocking blades can heal allies.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Thats wrong. chronophantasma is bad vs trash. stuff dies too quickly. it adds better cleave + faster burst.

Edited by Nephalem.8921

Just now, Nephalem.8921 said:

Thats wrong. chronophantasma is bad vs trash. stuff dies too quickly. it adds better leave + faster burst.

What nonsense are you talking about?  A greatsword burst with F1 will insta gib most trash. Even then sword and greatsword phantasms will one shot most mobs. 

Undocumented change but Blade Renewal got a new animation that is actually pretty cool. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Thats wrong. chronophantasma is bad vs trash. stuff dies too quickly. it adds better leave + faster burst.

Exactly, people claim don't play Mesmer but I play it to much. Trying to find the vet or champ in an enemy group so my phantasm don't disappear when I Continuum Split can be such a pain in the but. Some fight i can pull 15k (pve open world) dps while other is can barely do over 3k if my phantasms die.

I hope to bridge the gap and consistently preform 10k dps.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Virtuoso is pretty much a simpler, more streamlined chrono for open world burst. Check my thread about phantasmal blades.

Chrono will probably be relegated to zerg boon support now.

3 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

What nonsense are you talking about?  A greatsword burst with F1 will insta gib most trash. Even then sword and greatsword phantasms will one shot most mobs. 

Undocumented change but Blade Renewal got a new animation that is actually pretty cool. 

And virt phantasms dont oneshot most mobs? Virt has higher mods than chrono and a better critchance trait and you keep blades between encounters

23 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

And virt phantasms dont oneshot most mobs? Virt has higher mods than chrono and a better critchance trait and you keep blades between encounters

26 minutes ago, Skyroar.2974 said:

Virtuoso is pretty much a simpler, more streamlined chrono for open world burst. Check my thread about phantasmal blades.

Chrono will probably be relegated to zerg boon support now.

It literally doesn't get easier than this. 

Show me a video of yourself doing the fire djinn challenge as comfortably and easily and quickly as I can on chrono with a Virtuoso.

I currently don't have a video of me doing on it open world chrono, but I do have one of me doing it on specter when WP was having doubts about specter. 

I also don't know where people are getting this "It does better burst" nonsense from.  In PvP a 1 clone+the mesmer F1 will hit WAY harder than a 5 blade F1.

Virtuoso is a complete failure at everything except maybe being raid DPS.  It fails in PvP.  It fails in WvW.  And it pales in comparison to how comfortable easy and quick the other two specs are. 

Mesmers got a half baked kitten sandwich for an elite spec and you defenders are deluding yourselves into thinking its amazing to stave off disappointment.  It's sad, really. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

It literally doesn't get easier than this. 

Show me a video of yourself doing the fire djinn challenge as comfortably and easily and quickly as I can on chrono with a Virtuoso.

I currently don't have a video of me doing on it open world chrono, but I do have one of me doing it on specter when WP was having doubts about specter. 

I also don't know where people are getting this "It does better burst" nonsense from.  In PvP a 1 clone+the mesmer F1 will hit WAY harder than a 5 blade F1.

Virtuoso is a complete failure at everything except maybe being raid DPS.  It fails in PvP.  It fails in WvW.  And it pales in comparison to how comfortable easy and quick the other two specs are. 

Mesmers got a half baked kitten sandwich for an elite spec and you defenders are deluding yourselves into thinking its amazing to stave off disappointment.  It's sad, really. 

I don't want to preform a crazy rotation during pve and most of time I don't Time Split since my target dies to fast so half the rotation is dead.

In terms of just pure weapon damage, all those same weapons are on virtuoso the only thing I could maybe see is that you lose a little bit of critical chance from Danger Time.

Getting clones up is a non-starter for most pve fights not to mention chrono has no damage utilities only really an ultimate on a long cooldown. (90 vs 60)

• Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I don't want to preform a crazy rotation during pve and most of time I don't Time Split since my target dies to fast so half the rotation is dead.

In terms of just pure weapon damage, all those same weapons are on virtuoso the only thing I could maybe see is that you lose a little bit of critical chance from Danger Time.

Getting clones up is a non-starter for most pve fights not to mention chrono has no damage utilities only really an ultimate on a long cooldown. (90 vs 60)

You just press 2 on greatsword and then f1 and 99% of things you encounter in game will immediately die in one 0.25s cast.  And then you have phantasm spam on larger enemies.   

Which you can't do on Virtuoso.  And this will do significantly more damage than if you roll up to a fight as a virtuoso and press f1 even with 5 blades. 

Of course you aren't going to use Time Split on literally every fight in the game.  If most of the time your targets are dying so fast you don't need it, good.  You're supposed to save it for when you do need it in more intense fights.  You can literally run around and greatsword phantasm and phantasmal disenchanter and fire and forget and with chrono phantasma those with throw out 20k damage on a target as you move on.  And then you can signet heal and get your phantams again and keep rolling.

Like do you actually know how the build works?  Because it sounds like you're trying to approach every fight like a god kitten snowcrows benchmark video "the rotation is so complicated" bro you literally have 6 buttons on your bar that will one shot most trash mobs and a cooldown to reset half of them immediately to boot. 

Chrono has the damage well which has close to the same damage as rain of blades except it also applies cripple to help cleave enemies and weakness to protect yourself from them.   Virtuoso might as well not have an elite skill with how absolutely kitten poor the delivery method is.  

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

You just press 2 on greatsword and then f1 and 99% of things you encounter in game will immediately die in one 0.25s cast.  And then you have phantasm spam on larger enemies.   

Which you can't do on Virtuoso.  And this will do significantly more damage than if you roll up to a fight as a virtuoso and press f1 even with 5 blades. 

Of course you aren't going to use Time Split on literally every fight in the game.  If most of the time your targets are dying so fast you don't need it, good.  You're supposed to save it for when you do need it in more intense fights.  You can literally run around and greatsword phantasm and phantasmal disenchanter and fire and forget and with chrono phantasma those with throw out 20k damage on a target as you move on.  And then you can signet heal and get your phantams again and keep rolling.

Like do you actually know how the build works?  Because it sounds like you're trying to approach every fight like a god kitten snowcrows benchmark video "the rotation is so complicated" bro you literally have 6 buttons on your bar that will one shot most trash mobs and a cooldown to reset half of them immediately to boot. 

Chrono has the damage well which has close to the same damage as rain of blades except it also applies cripple to help cleave enemies and weakness to protect yourself from them.   Virtuoso might as well not have an elite skill with how absolutely kitten poor the delivery method is.  

All of this is true for Virtuoso to so if anything it is equivalent damage

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Thats wrong. chronophantasma is bad vs trash. stuff dies too quickly. it adds better cleave + faster burst.

This is not true. GS chrono can burst way faster than Virtuoso. And chrono has access significantly better access to boons. It also has better survivability. No matter how you look at it, chrono is better.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

This is not true. GS chrono can burst way faster than Virtuoso. And chrono has access significantly better access to boons. It also has better survivability. No matter how you look at it, chrono is better.

I will agree with the boons, I think the first buff should be to give Virtuoso some better access to boons. Buffing core Bountiful Disillusionment would help, maybe remove stability and add a self quickness per shattered clone/blade.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Lol its simple people like Virtuoso because its simple, people dont like Chrono because its complicated. Easy game fosters bad people simple as that. People are not willing to put the time and effort to learn something fine I understand that, but the result of it is lazy people who don't understand the class enough to make comments simple as that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

You know the situation is bad when the only possible redeeming point for Virtuoso is open world PvE, where literally any build works, and even then people are still trying to fight for that redeeming point.

its not even that people are defending the redeeming point its the same people who put up false positivity to make sure mesmers stay at the bottom lol half these people who defends virtuoso for what it is probably dont even understand the fundamentals of mesmers. Like you ask them a simple question that any mesmer mains will know how to respond and they simply will dodge the question by saying stuff like "well if you dont like it dont play it" bull crap.

• Like 4