Outreach Story Step: Can't Feed Aurene

Cable.2850

First time into this story step I couldn't complete the Feed Aurene Fish step as every time I fished it just went to my inventory (which I'm guessing is the normal way), after restarting the mission I caught one fish and it went into the 'carry object' state properly.

So did my daily easily:) but probably not what you intended!

Also having the same issue. I did some fishing before I entered the quest, and the fishes are just going into my inventory. The quest moves me onto the next step, but I can't interact with Aurene.

Edit: Found this on the dev tracker, not sure if this is relevant or not.

• Some new players may appear to have their fishing pole unlocked. You will still need to unlock it through the Mastery track to use it
Edited by zappygun.4617

I cannot catch a fish. I get "Set Hook"

3 hours ago, zappygun.4617 said:

Also having the same issue. I did some fishing before I entered the quest, and the fishes are just going into my inventory. The quest moves me onto the next step, but I can't interact with Aurene.

Edit: Found this on the dev tracker, not sure if this is relevant or not.

• Some new players may appear to have their fishing pole unlocked. You will still need to unlock it through the Mastery track to use it

Thats what I am wondering. I just followed the story progression which doesnt provide you with much XP nor at this point taken me to areas that seem to give XP (in town) I cannot "feed" aurene cause I cannot catch a fish. I get "set Hook" or reset pole. Either way I dont get a fish. Someone here posted we can get a fish from some basket. I will look for that tonight. I hope they fish this to let people past it cause its no way to start people off.

This is buggy AF and should be addressed. Enough people are having trouble getting a fish that this issue is very likely causing new and returning players to have a progress halting issue at the very start of the EoD story which seems like a HUGE and 100% unnecessary problem. Just put a fish on the shore or have one of the NPCs give us one so people dont get stuck.

For real Anet You should scramble to improve the experience on this part of the story. Its Moronic thing to leave as is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radicalace.7528 said:

having this problem as well. fish is in my inv but can't interat with aurene

thats a shame. I was able to get past it lastnight. I had a friend come with me into the instance. I think it was just chance that it worked then, but my issue was I never got the 2-3 key options (fish escaped each time). IMO they should just put a fish on the shore or what ever is easy to code and maybe fix later. Players shouldnt be getting stuck even a moment on somthing as trivial and catching a fish for food as a treat unless its in the middle of a skyscale type collection. 😉

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello everyone, we are aware of this one and working on getting a fix to you! 

There's probably a joke in here somewhere about how hard it is to convince your kids to eat their dinner, but I'll let you all make that if you want to. 😉 

So It seems like fishing is working, but fishing is not explained. That is, you are given a pole and told to fish. When you cast you are instantly given a "set hook" option that doesn't give any indication that you should wait. The first time trying it I recall waiting a long time and I didnt hear a bell or see the float bob. Additionally, no NPC or dialog suggests it has any such mechanic.

Now that I have actually gotten fishing to work I dont expect I would have any issue. BUT this is the main story it should either FULLY explain what you do and TELL YOU TO WATCH THE BOBBER or if should just give you the fish.

Otherwise it will just get people stuck on some trivial feeding story bit and Im pretty sure the point is to help us feel attached to our old friends and Aruene as players, not to challenge us with fishing skill checks.

Also THANK YOU for the response!😊

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is so stupid. I had to look up how to fish and how to feed her. Stupid you need to hold your mouse over the water and press 1...doesn't say anywhere and no info about how to do it. Finally caught a fish and went into my inventory, so went to aurene nothing happened. It's that someone wrote here there's a fish on the beach with a hand...you need to pick it up. Really Anet?

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now almost February of 2023... and this is STILL bugged?  WOW.

I catch a fish, it goes in my bag, and then what?  Double clicking on it while standing next to Aurene, standing on her head, or inside of her... nothing happens except I get some materials.  OH, and THERE IS NO FISH ON THE BEACH!

HOWEVER... As Dangerosive.6973 stated... if you fish as soon as you get off the boat, while Taimi is making fun of you for being arrested, the quest progressed for me.  You'll know it's working, if you end up standing on the beach with the fish in your arms.  If there's no fish in your arms, don't waste your time trying to feed Aurene.

When the quest says it progressed, wait for Caithe & Marjory to go into the cave, follow them with the fish in your arms.  DO NOT TALK TO MARJORY despite the quest telling you to... just, stand there and let Aurene finish talking about when she was younger blah blah blah... Marjory will continue to have the green star over her head even when all is said and done.  Eventually, you'll see the exit icon in the lower right corner of your screen and the quest will STILL show you need to talk to Marjory... you can't though, it won't do anything... So just exit and BOOM, you're onto the next quest!

Edited by baelydon.9604