Why can't we skip dialogue [Merged]

Do stories has never been the best way to get loot.  People may be more inclined to repeat story instances if they could skip dialogue, and they would complete them faster, but I suspect many of the various farms out there is still a faster way to make gold, so having more people play the story instances might actually reduce loot.

I'm playing all the dlc's in order and Living World season 1 has so much talking and standing around doing nothing. I usually dont mind the stories in games, but it's almost at the point where im questioning if it's even worth it to keep playing. Im curious if there's any way to to avoid/skip all this dialogue.

• Like 3

Good time to organize bags, walk away and make a snack, call your mum, watch some videos.....really the possibilities are limitless. Unfortunately though, you can't skip them.  For what it's worth, there is more skippable dialogue and cut scenes in the future...stick with it ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I played through LWS4 - a star to guide us last night, and the last part did have a cutscene where I could thankfully skip the conversation that I'm Taimey would drone on about something or another.

So even for some relatively recent content, they did put that option in occasionally.

And the annoying part is that there is other content is LWS1 which is very similar - in the deadend bar I think with nothing going on, but instead of there being a skippable cutscene, you just have to listen to the talking.

I'm willing to listen the first time I play through to get the plot, but after that, not so much.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

voteYes++

How hard is it to add the calls for scene scripts to the "skip" function? They're already there, just call them! Scene change? Short loading screen. Come on guys, it's not that difficult.

It's really annoying when doing achievements. I've sat through the endless roleplay at the start of "A Shattered Nation" for longer than it would've taken to implement a skip functionality to that chapter.

Edited by Anasate.5408
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/27/2023 at 10:20 AM, Surelia.2651 said:

Hehe.  I think this was the advice someone once gave me when I tried to get into playing FFXIV.... helped the low level slog, lol.  Thank god it's not that bad here

I've had to remind others and even my self you can just skip tons of pure "story" stuff in FF14. You hardly ever MUST listen or watch pure story unless someone else decided to watch a intro fly through or something (they even solved the issue with running through Praetorium). I would be going through Heavensward with them talking about family dynamics for 5 minutes before I remember I can just skip all of it lol.

Games have skipping. GW2 had it before and supposedly does it more later. It's not some insurmountable programming issue. But now I get to being absolutely bored with doing Crystal Desert stuff after the game would not shut up about boosting to 80.

• 3 months later...

I agree with you, the dialogues in this game are unbearable. Especially in secrets of obscure, which is supposed to be a fun and exciting expansion, but instead it feels like a boring lecture. I love gw2, but I can't stand listening to the same NPCs over and over again, in secrets of obscure we have much more dialogs then action. I just want to use the new weapons and explore the new maps, but no, I have to sit through endless cutscenes and conversations. Please, Anet, let us skip the dialogues or at least make them more interesting and relevant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...