Dragon & Ritualist

Roche.7491

Non Legendary gear??

They appeared for me on all my Legendary gear, and i don't even have the expansion, maybe you have to unlock the recipes first so you can use the stats on exotic/ascended??

Or maybe, in the case of ascended/exotics, they are probably locked to those acquired in EoD only.

Edited by Brandon Uzumaki.1524

1 hour ago, Perrin Albear.3912 said:

Are they even craftable yet?
(And if so how?)

Couldn't find the Insignia anywhere😅

I found the ascended recipes on two different vendors, though hanged if I remember which ones now.  I'm pretty sure they were hearts.  I didn't buy them because they need more of the map currency than I have yet.  They are named, something like "Tok's Armor" (I am probably way off on the name), but when you mouse over the item on the vendor it says "make an item with Ritualist stats" or "with Dragon stats."  I also found vendors (again, probably heart ones) selling exotic recipes for armor that I am guessing will have those stats, eg the Jade Tech armor.

5 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I found the ascended recipes on two different vendors, though hanged if I remember which ones now.  I'm pretty sure they were hearts.  I didn't buy them because they need more of the map currency than I have yet.  They are named, something like "Tok's Armor" (I am probably way off on the name), but when you mouse over the item on the vendor it says "make an item with Ritualist stats" or "with Dragon stats."  I also found vendors (again, probably heart ones) selling exotic recipes for armor that I am guessing will have those stats, eg the Jade Tech armor.

Yeah bought that recipe from one of them (it's the hearts in the starting area), just to be informed while crafting that i need the insignia....

Usually stat selectable gear only has access to stats released before the gear. So stat selecting gear gathered from PoF for instance can select any stats from Core, HoT, or PoF. Usually you will need new gear from the current expansion to access the new stats, with the exception of legendary or stat swapping ascended using the mystic forge recipe.

• Confused 3

Apparently no non-legendary selectable gear has those stats, so the only way to acquire armour and weapons is crafting or stat swapping. Trinkets seem to only be available through achievements and strike mission rewards (gated behind the spec's weapon collection). You can also possibly craft exotic trinkets, but no idea where to get those recipes (Edit: except for like 3 offers on TP, so I guess rare loot from somewhere). The thing I haven't found at all is a back item with these stats...

So apparently they did not adhere to their announcement from 2019 that you could select stats from any expansion you own. In two ways even - if you have legendary gear, you don't have to own EoD to use the stats and if you don't have legendary gear, you can't select them even if you have EoD.

Edited by isii.1859
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Roche.7491 said:

Is there an alternative way to get dragon ascended trinkets other than eod strikes?

I don't believe so, they're not on the season 3 or 4 trinkets or the Mist trinkets from fractals or wvw. Gonna make it tricky to get full sets right now. 

You can buy all you need for map currency in EoD maps at different vendors. In seitung, there's one that sels insignias and inscriptions (exotic) for unusual coins, a whole 5 of them no less, tough. 

And recipes for weapons and armors with those stats are on various vendors throughout seitung too. Heart vendors too.

New stats won't appear on stat selectable non legendary gear from previous expansions and seasons because the devs want you to play the new expansion, not farm bloodstone fen when there's new shiny content they want you to explore.

In time, possibly when living world comes out after eod, they'll make those available on earlier trinkets too.

But not when they're part of the new expansion.

I believe this was the case for all new expansions. Trailblazer's and Viper's wasn't available on laurel vendors (where we used to get all our trinkets), you had to get the recipes from HoT maps, and craft stuff yourself, while also buying trinkets from those vendors. Same with PoF if you wanted Marshal's i believe. Or whichever stat combo came out then. 

Point is, if you don't have legendary, go play new maps, it's not that expensive to craft those really. Idk about ascended trinkets, but shouldn't be too hard to get them.

Edited by Veprovina.4876

On 2/28/2022 at 10:14 PM, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Non Legendary gear??

They appeared for me on all my Legendary gear, and i don't even have the expansion, maybe you have to unlock the recipes first so you can use the stats on exotic/ascended??

Or maybe, in the case of ascended/exotics, they are probably locked to those acquired in EoD only.

I wonder if the WvW gear is updated. You know the gear you get from the bronze reward (exotic). The loose pieces I have in my bank certainly haven't been updated but maybe the chests I have kept closed might have new stat combo's. I'd need to check that.