Loving harbinger!

grx.8714

So far I just tested it in unranked pvp as tge majority of pvp players.

kitten, it is so much fun to play.

Also they didn't mention or wrote anything about the hidden blight sustain trait they added, it was needed and helps a lot.

Just please don't nerf it like you usually do.

I know it's early to say anything and right now in unranked people just play random meme builds, but harbinger feels in an ok spot, it's not broken like core necro or like scourge used to be, a good focus from a vindi will erase you in one seconds, but also the aoe stun, the mobility added in shroud are a very fun playstyle that necro never had.

Maybe you could have a simple 5-10% damage mitigation while using shroud since now it's no longer and extra health bar, and I think it would be perfect. 

I would have loved to have the patch note of those last minutr changes, but whatever.

I heard even willbender has hidden things who didn't got revealed.

I didn't have time to test pve or wvw, so I won't comment on that, but on pvp so far it's so much fun.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

uhm, what hidden trait? can you give details ? 😄

nvm, found it...

edit: yeah in wvw its waaaaay better now. you atleast have the right amount of sustain for fights, even when opponents are invis, invul or blocking, because you cant use bloodmagic for sustain when you cant hit opponents.

Edited by Zero.3871

Yeah, um... It's gonna get a hard nerf, there's no way.

I'm loving this spec right now, it is an absolute blast, but the damage is something else. 1 - 2 shotting people left and right in WvW.

59k Dark Barrage in the story mission.
17k Elixir
Also hit a couple 18 and 19k Voracious Arcs that I wasn't able to capture because team fights, but... Just wow, lol. I'm not saying this in a negative way, because I find it super fun, I just can't see this staying as it is for very long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

I'm loving this spec right now, it is an absolute blast, but the damage is something else. 1 - 2 shotting people left and right in WvW.

17k Elixir
Also hit a couple 18 and 19k Voracious Arcs that I wasn't able to capture because team fights, but... Just wow, lol. I'm not saying this in a negative way, because I find it super fun, I just can't see this staying as it is for very long.

Thats in wvw. They dont balance around wvw roaming. Its not useful in zergs. Holo overheat, mesmer burst, ranger burst does the same or more damage while being more survivable. Not saying it is not stupid, just giving examples there is many stupid things in the game like this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XECOR.2814 said:

Thats in wvw. They dont balance around wvw roaming. Its not useful in zergs. Holo overheat, mesmer burst, ranger burst does the same or more damage while being more survivable. Not saying it is not stupid, just giving examples there is many stupid things in the game like this.

Oh, I know. When people figure out how fast it dies to focus fire, it's going to be useless. But if there are ever times you can free cast or capitalize on an opening, Harbinger will be BIG value for small scale (10 v 10ish). I was having some nice small scale fights for a bit and was able to get a lot of downs really quickly.

You have to play it very defensively, waiting for or baiting openings, then go for the spike. I don't think playing it aggressively works because you don't have the tools to stay aggressive for very long. 

It's going to have a hard time against better players, and it won't be good in large scale fights unless it's playing like some kind of tanky or supporty builds. But the damage is still insane and there will be lots of times a good Harbinger can turn a fight in a heart beat.

tldr; It's probably going to be very niche, but it will be very strong in that niche.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shroud.2307 said:

17k Elixir

Every class needs a one trick pony build.

But it's nice to see harbinger a a wide spectrum of fun builds. In serious fights I run a celestial BM, DM, Harbinger build and it has pretty good sustain (regeneration from traits and the elixir heal is awesome in WvW) and still a viable amount of hybrid damage.

Still not getting ANets nerf politics for core and reaper (they could have lowered the damage reduction to 33% across all game modes but not tough blood magic in PvP to create less of a mess), but at least for harbinger they did something right this time.

4 minutes ago, Javonovich.5280 said:

What builds are people using for Harb? I’ve messed around with blood/death to try to give it some survivability, but it seems really hard to keep it alive in just about any game mode.

dont play death magic. pplay curses instead. the weakness from curses traitline gives you more sustain then whole death magic. while the additional corrupts offer more offensive potential.

i had good results using blood and curses

2 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

17k Elixir

Are Aetherlades special mobs? because my dark barrages are hitting for 1k-2k crit per bullet.  No where near your screenshots there.  I have tried against guards, normal mobs, champs, etc.

Just now, KrHome.1920 said:

Until your target pops a cleanse or attacks with condi damage...

you also have condi cleanse in curses, and with the amount of condis by corrupting your opponent will have a hard time cleansing weakness all time. and its a good addition to the other weakness sources you have.

13 minutes ago, Grahf.8725 said:

Are Aetherlades special mobs? because my dark barrages are hitting for 1k-2k crit per bullet.  No where near your screenshots there.  I have tried against guards, normal mobs, champs, etc.

Are you playing a Power build? I'm full glass Power.

Also, you get a damage booster during the first story mission from Aurene, that's why I did so much damage. 

On 3/1/2022 at 1:20 AM, Zero.3871 said:

you also have condi cleanse in curses, and with the amount of condis by corrupting your opponent will have a hard time cleansing weakness all time. and its a good addition to the other weakness sources you have.

Weakness is simply situational. Stating that it is in general better than protection, 20% of condi damage reduction and a few hundred hp/s regeneration in shroud (Unholy Sanctuary scales with edit: vitality (not healing power)) is nonsense.

Every traitline has its tradeoffs and esp. in WvW any weakness is cleansed within a blink of an eye. In PvE weakness is just useless. In PvP the Curses weakness trait has been nerfed recently and is not that great anymore.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Are you playing a Power build? I'm full glass Power.

Also, you get a damage booster during the first story mission from Aurene, that's why I did so much damage. 

That story mission buff must have been it.  I am not full power glass cannon, but pretty close. so 5-8x damage had to be something else special.

5 hours ago, Zero.3871 said:

Right now in pvp I am playing death magic 3 2 3 with the trait that gives you healing while in shroud, soul reaping 2 2 1 and harbinger 2 3 3 with carrion divinity runes.

Staff + pistol/dagger

It's 36k hp and the passive regen is solid.

I haven't tested full power builds or other combos.

Blood magic/soul reaping doesnt feel that great, maybe curses is better like you said.

8 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

17k Elixir

Well, might be true, but what about nade scrapper? It has oneshot potential with the same damage if not more and it has anti-projectiles, perma superspeed, stealth, blocks, stability, barrier, invuln if wanna slot it, melee pressure, range pressure, spammy playstyle, more you spam nades and do damage, more sustain you get (barrier), mobility coz of superspeed, good in solo, good in small groups, the best ingame ress potential.

If you see harbinger, leaving the damage it has, a sic'em soulbeast shut you down popping sic'em and rapid fire, don't even need to use one wolf pack if you are out of dodges you are done.

But of course the zerg meta will decide this as usual, I loved to roam on my firebrand when pof launched, but then it got overpowered in zergs, and they nerfed it to the ground making it impossible to use in solo roaming, while still remain meta for zergs xD.

So if harbi will be a stupid meta zerg build, they will nerf it causing it to be useless for roaming, which they don't give a kitten about.

28 minutes ago, grx.8714 said:

Well, might be true, but what about nade scrapper? It has oneshot potential with the same damage if not more and it has anti-projectiles, perma superspeed, stealth, blocks, stability, barrier, invuln if wanna slot it, melee pressure, range pressure, spammy playstyle, more you spam nades and do damage, more sustain you get (barrier), mobility coz of superspeed, good in solo, good in small groups, the best ingame ress potential.

If you see harbinger, leaving the damage it has, a sic'em soulbeast shut you down popping sic'em and rapid fire, don't even need to use one wolf pack if you are out of dodges you are done.

But of course the zerg meta will decide this as usual, I loved to roam on my firebrand when pof launched, but then it got overpowered in zergs, and they nerfed it to the ground making it impossible to use in solo roaming, while still remain meta for zergs xD.

So if harbi will be a stupid meta zerg build, they will nerf it causing it to be useless for roaming, which they don't give a kitten about.

Regardless of whether it's good or not, I don't think anything should be doing this kind of damage. Engi can do a lot of damage, yeah, but only really with Grenade Barrage which is on a 25recharge.

With Power Harbi I literally have 5 skills that have one shot potential. You can't even dodge every skill I can use, that can each hit for 15k+, unless you're a Daredevil.
That doesn't mean I'm going to be able to reliably hit with all of those skills considering how vulnerable Power Harbi is, I just mean that it has so many ways to do lethal damage that it's very easy to faceroll with.

It's meme tier like Gunflame Berserker, just as I'd figured it would be. And I don't think that's a healthy thing to have in the game. Damage should be brought down a bit and it should get some kind of utility and defensive buffs to compensate. 

48 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Regardless of whether it's good or not, I don't think anything should be doing this kind of damage. Engi can do a lot of damage, yeah, but only really with Grenade Barrage which is on a 25recharge.

With Power Harbi I literally have 5 skills that have one shot potential. You can't even dodge every skill I can use, that can each hit for 15k+, unless you're a Daredevil.
That doesn't mean I'm going to be able to reliably hit with all of those skills considering how vulnerable Power Harbi is, I just mean that it has so many ways to do lethal damage that it's very easy to faceroll with.

It's meme tier like Gunflame Berserker, just as I'd figured it would be. And I don't think that's a healthy thing to have in the game. Damage should be brought down a bit and it should get some kind of utility and defensive buffs to compensate. 

Were you able to get these numbers without the story instance buff?  I'm not seeing any Harbinger ability doing anywhere near 15k+ damage.  I have tried a number of builds.  How are you getting these numbers?

5 hours ago, grx.8714 said:

the problem is.

Harbingers also one shotting people in SPVP.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/663501521316741133/948075104057847838/gw001.jpg?width=959&height=539

heres a Lovely Screenshot of someone getting 1 shot by a 17k Vicious Arc xD its OP and its gonna get nerfed, theres no way it'll remain like that realistically. Harbinger has to be a high Damage specc as it trades it quite litterally 99% of its sustain, but thats too high.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1