DO NOT nerf Dragon's End meta.

5 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

It’s one thing if it’s a standalone meta like Teq or TT but not a map meta which has numerous things tied to it. 

DS meta at the beginning of HOT ? it was at least 1 hour long if not alomst 2. 
Gerent ? It went unkilled  for how many days with premade maps! 
AB, same maps were failing on event that you can now do blindfolded...
All of these metas are not a standalone fights.

It just takes time, its only 2nd day of xpac, let ppl learn the fight do not just nerf it immediately just because everything in the game is kitten poor easy content to do. This fight will be no problem in couple of days.

Edited by Blackari.2051
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Blackari.2051 said:

DS meta at the beginning of HOT ? it was at least 1 hour long if not alomst 2. 
Gerent ? It went unkilled  for how many days with premade maps! 
AB, same maps were failing on event that you can now do blindfolded...

It just takes time, its only 2nd day of xpac, let ppl learn the fight do not just nerf it immediately just because everything in the game is kitten poor easy content to do. This fight will be no problem in couple of days.

The thing that held up players with DS was the tower phase. Gerent had moderate DPS check which was above what the majority of players were able to do. 

The meta in EOD is different as the issue has nothing to do with either of those but mechanics bloat and things preventing DPS being done to the boss.  Time really won’t resolve something like this. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

The meta in EOD is different as the issue has nothing to do with either of those but mechanics bloat and things preventing DPS being done to the boss.  Time really won’t resolve something like this. 

Well towers in DS are mechanic sort of.

The only problematic thing in DE is crystal phase, because somehow ppl are unable to spam sapcebar to get back on top fo the tower (?) Other than that, it is just standard stay close to mid and watch for one half of the platform go red and dodge to the other side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

Just now, Blackari.2051 said:

Well towers in DS are mechanic sort of.

The only problematic thing in DE is crystal phase, because somehow ppl are unable to spam sapcebar to get back on top fo the tower (?) Other than that, it is just standard stay close to mid and watch for one half of the platform go red and dodge to the other side. 

The issue was HOW to do the towers. Players were struggling back then to figure out how to get past it until the circle strat was created and people learned it. 

What you need to realize is who the intended audience are for the map metas. They’re not intended for hardcore players. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

The issue was HOW to do the towers. Players were struggling back then to figure out how to get past it until the circle strat was created and people learned it. 

What you need to realize is who the intended audience are for the map metas. They’re not intended for hardcore players. 

So they will learn how to use spacebar in whisp form and to jump over the waves on this fight. Same thing.

Also if anyone will try to impose that this fight is hardcore then all I can do is to have a big sigh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Blackari.2051 said:

So they will learn how to use spacebar in whisp form and to jump over the waves on this fight. Same thing.

Also if anyone will try to impose that this fight is hardcore then all I can do is to have a big sigh.

If you want something challenging then feel free to do the metas designed to be such or try the new strike CMs when they’re enabled. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

If you want something challenging then feel free to do the metas designed to be such or try the new strike CMs when they’re enabled. 

But this fight is not challening. It just finally isn't completely braindead.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Blackari.2051 said:

But this fight is not challening. It just finally isn't completely braindead.

It's challenging in the sense of what's required on the player in order to make a successful meta completion occur.  There are no challenging mechanics but instead mechanic bloat and excessive phases of not being able to DPS the boss.  In order to get around this players would need to be highly coordinated as well as bring moderate to high DPS which is something that is not expected of the casual players these map metas were designed for.  If you look back as what ArenaNet has done with Chak Gerent and Serpent's Ire then you'll see that they probably agree with that.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

The Problem with the events is NOT the event difficulty...
It is the ability of the players to actually listen to instructions, be alert to their surroundings and not be complete trolls for people who try to instructs.

I have attempted at least 10 times today to teach the mechanics of that fight, but always had several trolls to twist and refute the instructions leading to a wipe.
-----------
In the understanding of the inability of some players to try their hardest, I think the event should be reevaluated and tweaked accordingly to this, because absolutely no one will get the Siege Turtle.
-----------
The Siege Turtle Mastery Line also blocks the ability to get more EXP and Spirit Shards in Cantha when at max Mastery because of the line unlock condition.
-----------
So there is several points that should push ANet to re-evaluate the event.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

They might not even mess up on purpose. Some don’t speak English and the visual clutter is fierce. Echo meta was kinda funny with people shouting to ‘get in the white circle’ like it’s obvious when there were a million and a half white orbs around from all the leggy trinkets and the view blocked with all those fancy backpacks out. 

Not to mention all the folks whose machines stutter with having to render all that and lag spiking. We all know how bad GW2 is managing its CPU time. 

Coco Chanel once said Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off. She clearly knew the issues we’d face with leggy trinkets in GW2. 😉 

Agreed though that the event could be helping players out a bit more, but I have faith when people have played the meta a few more times it’ll improve. Tarir was silly carnage too on launch.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

You don't listen right? 

They say nerf the HP of the boss , and not the mechanics or dps or attacks. 

Less dps meters kitten and more survibility tactics 

(why it looks like in Hot's debate once more  : they should put 10min enrage mechanic  to counter turtle cheesing VS balanced everything around Soldiers armor and focus on survibility ) 

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

While I appreciate difficult open world fights, spending 1.5-2 hours per run (because you arent going to get into an organized map with any more than 30 minutes left on the countdown, and the meta itself is like doing migrane after a Dragons Stand meta after a Verdant Brink day meta beforehand) and knowing with 10 minutes left that you arent even possibly going to beat it, is an absolutely horrific feeling and should be minimized. 

Theres only so much a map can do to carry 20 people who get downed by literally every mechanic in a public instance when they cause it to scale by just being there. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.
Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

It has a major timing and overlap issue, it needs to be re-worked.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

It might need some adjustments. Maybe they can incrementally add more time to the last boss timer? Or decrement the timer for when the boss flops around? Anyways, I seem to be getting stuck at 20% in all groups.

I'm hoping that Jade Bot can help these people who get downed every tail swipe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.
Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

As much as I agree that it's nice to have a difficult meta event finally the issue I have with it is that it's tied directly to the turtle mount which means that a part of the expansion people paid for is gated behind a meta event that requires perfect execution by an entire map of players. Having said that, I think anet should start with tiny changes such as adding an extra minute or so on the timer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

This is the exact same thing people said about Twisted Marionette and now it's practically a dead event. I gave up on finding groups for it after they failed to even FORM shortly after re-launch when i tried (granted, I don't always play at optimal times, regardless though, people were playing it at first.). Turns out, for some reason, hardcore players aren't turned on by hard content or they just get bored really easy and move on, either way, I think there needs to be balance and I don't want a meta to be hard for hardness' sake. I would prefer skill to be rewarded by other means (i.e. it progresses more efficiently/rewards are higher) instead of simple loss/fail. Failing a major event that takes a lot of time because X random people don't pull their weight is outright frustrating. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Quench.7091 said:

It might need some adjustments. Maybe they can incrementally add more time to the last boss timer? Or decrement the timer for when the boss flops around? Anyways, I seem to be getting stuck at 20% in all groups.

I'm hoping that Jade Bot can help these people who get downed every tail swipe.

I did noticed the fact there is no indicator on the head position and the fact she is spinning ALL THE BLOODY TIME, makes tail targeting a HELL to process in the midts of the Arena Particles, others players, all the blabbering and stuff.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

I did noticed the fact there is no indicator on the head position and the fact she is spinning ALL THE BLOODY TIME, makes tail targeting a HELL to process in the midts of the Arena Particles, others players, all the blabbering and stuff.

That is a reasonable complaint.  Targeting the tail is so close to impossible because of the tiny windows and the fact it moves around everywhrere.

• Like 1

HoT metas are perfectly fine and (pun intended) Tarir is pretty much the golden standard of what a map-wide meta event should be. They can just re-tune until it looks like that level and I assure no one will complain all across the board. It would be inconsistent anyway if Dragon's Stand, Dragonfall, Dragonstorm and Dragon's End were not similar in effort/difficulty.

I'll even lay down the secret sauce for a meta that satisfies everyone if you want to know it: the meta needs to be tuned to enable a 40-people zerg to stick to a commander tag at all times killing a bazillion adds or spamming F on some channeling mechanics, while a 10-man specialized squad advances to do "organized mechanics" that require particular splitting/killing particular enemies. This makes it so that eventually one or more guilds will "take over" the meta and run it daily with their organized comps, while other tags will pug using the same strategy during downtime of the "resident" guild. Dragon's End can very well be this type of meta with selective tuning of HP bars and of tail DPS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough..

There is no content in this game where just pressing 1 isn't enough. Even Raids can be cleared by squads just Auto Attacking - what it comes down to is having a build for it and doing mechanics. 

That's the painful part and what players have to learn. It's not about pressing all your buttons and tryharding etc. if that leads you to do <5k DPS with a nonsensical build and gear - when there are builds out there Auto Attacking for 15-20k DPS, allowing players to entirely focus on the mechanics. 

I can guarantee this event isn't tuned difficultly, requiring everybody to tryhard and push 35k DPS (again, not even Raids are, by far), it just requires some basic understanding of the game mechanics. Most GW2 players are just completely unaware of their (lack of) performance, what skills are DPS losses/gains, how to put together sensible gear and especially Traits. 

I hope Anet gives the Event some time though and doesn't go for a kneejerk nerf (as usual). People just need to figure out the new specs, event mechanics and so on - and while most players won't improve much, over all it will be enough to near trivialize the event with just some time. 

It it still fails more than not in a month, fine, give up on actually making a game again and nerf it so it just becomes another participation chore to sneeze over.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1