DO NOT nerf Dragon's End meta.

11 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

It it still fails more than not in a month, fine, give up on actually making a game again and nerf it so it just becomes another participation chore to sneeze over.

A Month is unfortunately too late...

Again because the Siege Turtle Mastery Line Locking makes doing anything in EoD worthless past finishing the other lines.
No spirit shards earned from doing any of the content.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello?! It takes like an hour of work or more to get to the boss fight
It's frustrating as hell to see it fail after putting in so much effort

This isn't a fight you just show up to and attempt it whenever you feel like it.
If you want a wipe fest do CM trainings without any requirements, I do NOT want to watch that in open world while the game struggles to run at 20fps 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

That is a reasonable complaint.  Targeting the tail is so close to impossible because of the tiny windows and the fact it moves around everywhrere.

Trying to call targets on the tail is hilarious.  You can almost be right up against it, hugging it, and itll still be like, naaaah, going to call target the face, waaaaay too often. 

The worst part is when the tail and its target box are moving around all over, but its actual hit box is, sometimes, halfway across the platform from where it appears visually.  The head does this as well, with the target indicator being on the right foot, but the hitbox being on the head.   Its a bit weird when you staff5 and instead of spinning forward in place (because the target marker is right in front of you and thats how every other platform related fight reacts to that skill), you're suddenly moving backwards and across the bow because surprise, shes shadow behemoth instead.   

The last bit of the meta is, as a whole, a mess. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

Trying to call targets on the tail is hilarious.  You can almost be right up against it, hugging it, and itll still be like, naaaah, going to call target the face, waaaaay too often. 

The worst part is when the tail and its target box are moving around all over, but its actual hit box is, sometimes, halfway across the platform from where it appears visually.  The head does this as well, with the target indicator being on the right foot, but the hitbox being on the head.   Its a bit weird when you staff5 and instead of spinning forward in place (because the target marker is right in front of you and thats how every other platform related fight reacts to that skill), you're suddenly moving backwards and across the bow because surprise, shes shadow behemoth instead.   

The last bit of the meta is, as a whole, a mess. 

Yess, this! 
If I had to change anything it would be to prevent Soo-Won from being able to switch sides every 5 seconds. Lost to a meta because she decided to flop around the platform 5-6 times in a row and that was a good chunk of time we couldn't hit her at all. Literally nothing we could do because we had to wait for her animations to finish and it's unfair.

Edited by Jeb CC.1342
  • Like 4

I disagree. I've attempted the meta 4 times now, all fails. The last two i got into groups with actual organization. Both times the timer ended with the boss under 10%. Everyone seemed to be doing well with the mechanics, nuking the tail when needed, not getting flattened, bosses around the edges died at the same time both times. Still fail. I can get it if we're messing up the mechanics, but to have stupid amounts of distractions (moments when we're just dealing with whatever instead of being able to actually hit the boss) in a meta event where it's an accomplishment to just get everyone working together only to have it fail because of a lack of damage after an hour or longer of dealing with it... No thanks. Once everyone has what they want from the event they're just never going to do it again if it's got a massive chance of failing due to conditions outside of their control. This is a recipe for an empty map

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

oh here we go, some elitist bs.   We failed 8 times with quite well-coordinated groups and everyone tried their hardest.   If you want super challenging stuff, go raid.  It's unreasonable to expect people to get perfect groups at anytime they log in in context of open world. You bound to have lower skilled players and/or hardware variables and that's already enough to fail to this event which has zero margin of error.  Congrats if you happened to be one of the rare occasions that actually got through, it does take alot of luck to be at the right place, right time and right people. But I feel this thread's true intention is to protect his status as one of the few that won the meta rather than for the sake of the game. Talking about burning bridges after crossing it. I saw right through you , man.

Devs, please nerf this event to whatever reasonable extend you see fit. It's obviously overtuned.

Edited by quaniesan.8497
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

The difficulty is fine, if high for most casuals standing in every AOE pressing 1 but the meta is too long and you get to this final fight and you know it will fail with 15 minutes left on the clock even if you do all the mechanics right but you're at the mercy of whoever else happens to be there at the time, and it's a crappy feeling. 

1. Take the siege turtle mastery out of the meta OR award mastery unlock regardless of success/fail 

2. Allow players to bait the dhuum greens phase instead of randomising it, as a small handful is using up this 4 minutes and jeopardising everyone else's experience OR make it so that people on the platform can also do something to shorten this phase (e.g greens finished OR 50 foes killed)

3. Consider enrage timer instead of hard 20 minutes

4. Just instakill people who fail SH walls and the largos mechanics and throw them off the platform, onto the airship or wherever else. Makes it easier to res the downs and see aoes on the floor

5. If nerfing, only slight adjustments are needed, like removing the second tail maybe, or adding a bit more time, it's otherwise a good fight 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.
Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

You should have tried Tequatl when it got out. Took us weeks for first kill

I joined an organized group for 2 runs. Both ended around 10%. We tried to do a tactic where we ignored the wisp phase. Problem was someone always stood within the green circles, so we couldn't accept death and respawn. The current balance is actually getting people to yell at others for the design of that one phase. We basically spam "NO GREEN" for 2 hours, only for someone to stand in the green. It just takes one person to muck it up.

If they bump the timer up 2 minutes, it could solve a lot of problems for people. Although, I would prefer saving time through changing the number of flops the boss does.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.

i tried with a group of almost raiders and its left 15% hp.

ofc needs nerfs.

Also theres lot of ppl trying new specs, if they maintain this, the meta will be dead, or will be toxic, ppl will stop test new specs or abandon it.

Lots of ppl on this tread say same thing, its fail with 10%~15% left.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Here are my issues with the final meta.  

1.) Wisp phase - WTF.  No explanation of what's happening, just BOOM your a wisp and now you have to get back up.

2.) Tail -look out for WHOMP!  Where did that wall come from?

3.) Visuals - I can't see anything.  So many different colors and effects.  It gets worse when Anet turns on void effects.  Seriously, this battle is a visual nightmare.

Basically, I just run around blind because I have no clue what's going on until something knocks me off the roof and I teleport back to the airship and fly back down to the tower where I once again run around not knowing what's going on because of the the visual and audio clutter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quench.7091 said:

I joined an organized group for 2 runs. Both ended around 10%. We tried to do a tactic where we ignored the wisp phase. Problem was someone always stood within the green circles, so we couldn't accept death and respawn. The current balance is actually getting people to yell at others for the design of that one phase. We basically spam "NO GREEN" for 2 hours, only for someone to stand in the green. It just takes one person to muck it up.

If they bump the timer up 2 minutes, it could solve a lot of problems for people. Although, I would prefer saving time through changing the number of flops the boss does.

And that's a reason why meta should not be hard, you don't get to pick your team or map.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

It’s one thing if it’s a standalone meta like Teq or TT but not a map meta which has numerous things tied to it. 

No it's not. Improve and overcome. You want the thing you gotta do the thing to get the thing.
(Also Teq or TT are tied to things as well iirc)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

Sounds like someone got there turtle, and wants nobody else to get theirs.  Nerf is needed 10+ fails so far is a slap in the face, sorry but average player does 3000dps autos or stays dead should not punish the rest.  Agree with above post hard mode go raid, for the rest give us the turtle.  Side note 1 hour+ each attempt....ya sucks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, lokh.2695 said:

No it's not. Improve and overcome. You want the thing you gotta do the thing to get the thing.

There is no such thing in open meta.

You don't get to pick your team, every fail you get into a new group. IF there are afkers you couldn't even drive them off.

Edited by Slowpokeking.8720
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Elitists theory: Keep trying and improve and you can make it.

Reality: Regardless how good you are, you only play a tiny part in the meta. You don't get to choose or even know your team, every fail you need to wait and get into a new map. It's depended by luck and not skills.

So because we can't chose our teams all efforts are in vain and we should basically afk and have ANet balance content around afk'ing? Right.

• Confused 14

6 hours ago, MagicalSilence.1837 said:

Well If they don't wanna adjust the meta then least allow ppl to get the mastery for turtle from a fail as well 🙂  Everyone would be happy and no one would need to suffer spamming join on lfg and spend hours of their time for 4k exp 🙂

But then people would never do the meta again after getting their egg drop. I actually think that event should've had an even better reward drop than the siege turtle egg. Precursors or full on ascended/legendary gear perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

Im not against players improving but this meta is such a drastic change over the others. The amount of improvement the players would need to do is approaching what they’d need to do with raids in regards to their DPS and group coordination. 

You’re missing the point if you believe that Teq and TT having something tied to them is the same as this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is why I've said...and ALWAYS said, stop adding masteries, story progress and collections to meta events! Theres a plethora of precursor collection that requires metas that either are broken or never spawn which haven't been fixed still. This  frustrates anyone and everyone.

Edited by steve.2945
  • Like 3

The problem I see with this meta is not that mechanics are too hard or the boss has too much health. Main problem is overlapping timers. I remember when Tequatl first came out that there was a lot of trouble with it because timer were overlapped. To make it a bit more easier without outright nerfing that pile of bones down to a tissue they put a hold on the "main" timer when we managed to get a phase shift. 

I think 20 minutes is fine by itself but parallel to 
- jumping up via wisps

- organize killing two/three legendary enemies at roughly the same time

is waaaaay to punishing. 

My suggestion would be to put the main timer on hold when

- players need to get into green circles

- players need to split up to kill the legendary enemies

While we're at it.. I have ONE nerf I'd like to see: Jadebot Waypoints. I don't think that it is intended to set a personal waypoint up on the platform so that if you become a wisp you just waypoint up and get out of this form. So disable the use of these waypoints for this encoutner.

• Like 2