Early impression on EoD specs

grx.8714

The new ranked season started last evening.

People are already calling for nerfs on vindicator and harbinger mainly, but so far I was matched against the same usual meta specs, still core necro sup guard duo, fire weaver sidenoder, daredevil.

Harbinger does tons of damage, but you can shut it down pretty fast.

Vindicator feels way more sustainable of herald even when running berserker amulet, but the playstyle is like hit and run, try oneshot with gs, if you fail start chain blocks evades and kite away.

Herald is/was way more pressuring and harder to avoid damage coming from.

I didn't try the bunker version with viktor ventari and avatar amulet, but people say it's impossible to kill. I don't know, damage is very high.

The rest of the specs looks underwhelming.

Specter in the hands of good players has potential, untamed is a core 2.0, but can't see it being better or worse to be honest.

Mechanist seems pretty bad overall.

Catalyst doesn't bring anything to the table, a core ele with a f5 aura... ok, maybe will be top tier support and I'll be wrong, but I doubt.

Virtuoso is meme tier.

Bladesworn decent for teamfight, decent at 1vs1 I guess, but feels weird.

Willbender is weird as well and if you play guardian just play support.

What's your opinion so far? 

Of course EoD and season just started, but after unranked matches and few ranked ones what's your opinion?

• Confused 1

Its still too early for a new meta to form.  I suspect that it can go one of 2 ways:

You run a vindicator+another hybrid support in mid with 2 dps and a roamer or you run a zerg comp.

Staff tempest synergizes really well with vindicator right now. You can run latent stamina and invigorating torrents which is decent at giving vindicator more dodges. You can water 2+earth 2+earth shout+transmute earth to quickly apply frost aura 4x and give allies 60-75 endurance in seconds. Vindicator would cover tempests lack of stability. I have dropped aura share in favor of a shout oriented build and its worked well so far. You can also run aura share and unstable conduit instead to give allies 4 sources of magnetic aura (assuming you run earth shield). Between earth shield and tornado its pretty hard to focus down an earth tempest (chain cc being its biggest weakness).