Why do you expect so much from people in Dragon's End meta?!?! [Merged]

On 3/7/2022 at 2:31 PM, Tungsten Monarch.6058 said:

At this point I'm under the conclusion that someone somewhere stroking a Persian cat in hand like a bond villain, who makes decisions for an un-named video game company, .... who is laughing at his or her player base.  Thinking of more ways to traumatize people like a Milgrams experiment, and buff an un-named Meta, or create a means to allow for players to get a game marketed item, by forcing the player to spend about 100 real world dollars worth of game currency materials. How can they abuse their player base even more?

I'm not naming names or game companies, but at this point it's obvious.

Anet, don't be that guy above. Go back to read your manifesto.

"We dont want players to grind" 
LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, subgenius.7649 said:

I dont know if anyone else has watched Teapots new video today. The "Meta is so Easy" video fails to bring up the RNG at all. This video is such false advertising for what it is in current state I seriously feel bad for anyone watching it thinking that is all they have to know. 

just look at his group, almost half were firebrand and the other half necro, another Hardstuck streamer posted in reddit his thoughts on fighting with a vod of multiple encounters, in all of them were in highly organized group and with all buffs and meta classes, spending over 200g, is it an open world content or is a setup for raiding?

someone challenged teapot to do this with a random group on the map and see if he'll keep the same kind of thinking, I'd like to see that.

Edited by ctorrezan.3498
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ctorrezan.3498 said:

just look at his group, almost half were firebrand and the other half necro, another Hardstuck streamer posted in reddit his thoughts on fighting with a vod of multiple encounters, in all of them were in highly organized group and with all buffs and meta classes, spending over 200g per run, is it an open world content or is a setup for raiding?

someone challenged teapot to do this with a random group on the map and see if he'll keep the same kind of thinking, I'd like to see that.

Ya that is the thing, this event is supposed to be for everyone. Not just the raid prep'd. You should not have to have everyone gear'd properly and have metabuilds on every player to do this. Why should people have to join a Raid Guilds Run to be able to complete this? 

Today's teapot video on same subject was even more infuriating. He says that this Meta is Easier than raid bosses. I commented on his lack awareness and his refusal to mention the RNG of it or even point to a RAID where there is a make or break multitude of RNG mechanics.  I then watched Todays Mukluk video where Teapot joined his viewers and Muk voiced very good points and Teapot again showed lack of awareness for the majority of playerbase. I then joined Teapots stream to get a real time reply about the RNG of the fight. He said " I am against the RNG aspect of the fight" I asked him why he hasnt mentioned it in any of his videos and that he is supposed to be one of the Player faces of the game and speak for us so that we can be heard, he roughly said "how am I supposed to make a video on RNG of the fight?" All the while his chat were berating me with @me GITGUD and also saying Muk's stream is toxic.

Muk surmised it properly in saying that there is a Divide happening all due to this ONE META. There are the GITGUD timmy the power gamers, and then there are those who are trying to get a WALLED off part of the expansion. The META has 0 replayability factor unless you are into BDSM. It will be a ghost town once the majority of the raiders have their Eggs. It is too long for too little reward after that one thing. The amount of time and effort can be better spent elsewhere for a since of accomplishment. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Drakth.1875 said:

"We dont want players to grind" 
LOL

Haha it's literally Grind Wars 2 - take the Skyscale alone as an example, I grinded for LWS4 mats for 2 weeks because my moronic self consumed them all prior to that mount's release. Got a good chuckle from that though hehe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

Haha it's literally Grind Wars 2 - take the Skyscale alone as an example, I grinded for LWS4 mats for 2 weeks because my moronic self consumed them all prior to that mount's release. Got a good chuckle from that though hehe.

I have been playing this game on and off since the beginning . Playing it inbetween war times in Eve Online mainly focusing on WVW. I finally went out and got all the expacs this past December, was core for all of this time. I have been able to get all mounts make enough gold to get some account upgrades max out a few different elite specs I find interesting or fun. Gear up most of my characters to full ascended for specific specs. Story, Raids, Strikes, Fractals, Did it all. I am at the point to where I can get the Skyscale, I only have to get the kitten currencies to finish it. Just been to preoccupied with this DE meta to finish it off. 

• Like 1

Just adding since leaving it a few days to see how it pans out. Thanks Anet. Every group is now "organising" with discord and stuff, youtubers are saying "git gud", meta builds are being demanded, bis buffs needed. If I wanted to raid, I'd join a raiding guild. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ctorrezan.3498 said:

just look at his group, almost half were firebrand and the other half necro, another Hardstuck streamer posted in reddit his thoughts on fighting with a vod of multiple encounters, in all of them were in highly organized group and with all buffs and meta classes, spending over 200g, is it an open world content or is a setup for raiding?

Yeah, he won't.  He's an ANet partner and will do what he can to show their xpac in the best light possible.  To the layperson those vids will look just fine and they won't have a true frame of reference for the event.  It buys them time, in essence. I'm also not surprised that they have taken to just merging threads in the hopes that a single thread can get more easily buried.  Kinda how its been done in the past as well.  Its easier than formulating an actual response.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

Yeah, he won't.  He's an ANet partner and will do what he can to show their xpac in the best light possible.  To the layperson those vids will look just fine and they won't have a true frame of reference for the event.  It buys them time, in essence. I'm also not surprised that they have taken to just merging threads in the hopes that a single thread can get more easily buried.  Kinda how its been done in the past as well.  Its easier than formulating an actual response.

Isn't Mukluk a partner as well? He always seems pretty honest when he considers something to be badly designed or does not agree with certain decisions made.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

Isn't Mukluk a partner as well? He always seems pretty honest when he considers something to be badly designed or does not agree with certain decisions made.

He is, but he also walks the line of not being too critical.  others that have been more critical in the past seemed to find their partner status go poof.  In either case this event isn't going to see much of a rework for a while I'd wager, and as of right now (for me at least) this whole thing has soured me on even trying to play the rest of the xpac.  I've already cautioned numerous people on buying it because I know for a fact it would aggravate them.  They've opted to cater to a very small population in the game with this and that just doesn't sit right with me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

He is, but he also walks the line of not being too critical.  others that have been more critical in the past seemed to find their partner status go poof.  In either case this event isn't going to see much of a rework for a while I'd wager, and as of right now (for me at least) this whole thing has soured me on even trying to play the rest of the xpac.  I've already cautioned numerous people on buying it because I know for a fact it would aggravate them.  They've opted to cater to a very small population in the game with this and that just doesn't sit right with me. 

He's talked about it for an hour, with teapot, and his twitch stream. He doesn't say what they should do, other then it needs to be looked at. He even said it's harder then some of the raid content, and trying to get 50 pugs to do it is hard.

He's even only trying to do the meta in a pug, as he's yet to complete it. With 12 hours of game time put into trying.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, caveslug.5934 said:

He's talked about it for an hour, with teapot, and his twitch stream. He doesn't say what they should do, other then it needs to be looked at. He even said it's harder then some of the raid content, and trying to get 50 pugs to do it is hard.

He's even only trying to do the meta in a pug, as he's yet to complete it. With 12 hours of game time put into trying.

I know.  Hence why he isn't actually taking Anet to task for the event, and is more doing a soft critique, as opposed to teapot who is trying to act like there's nothing wrong with the event at all.   I just finished reading a great numbers breakdown for why this event is such a disaster and how it pertains with the overall issue with the fact that you can only come close to top DPS with X build and X gear with X rotation and any deviation from that (which is natural for most players looking to jut play the game like normal) are hitting up to 10 times worse than those meta builds.  For a game that touts a "play it your way" tagline since the start of the game, and supposedly encourages build diversity, they sure do love making fights like this that require a meta build/class or you will fail.  I'm not re-gearing and swapping my spec or even my entire class just to be "allowed" into a map doing an open world event.  The failure rate of PUGs on this event alone should've already had Anet tweaking it, but as of yet they have been radio silent on this except for stopping people from finding a way to game the event in any hope to beat it.  No fight should come to a "lose" outcome simply because the AI cheeses the fight and leaves the average group of players no way to DPS it down in time.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

How about this Anet? Instead of having people needing to complete the meta for the egg to drop, make it an achievement to participate in the entire 2-hour long map meta into the final boss (whether it fails or succeeds) 10 times before the egg will drop. Seems reasonable yes? So the Elitists keep their hard-mode meta exactly as it is, and casuals get their egg without worrying about failing. Win-win, and you can increase prize drops for completed metas from this. I'm already at 8 fails, which is 16 hours at least hanging around this map, so the egg would be time-gated to 20 hours-ish roughly depending how quickly maps move on pre-events. Does that seem like a viable option?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

How about this Anet? Instead of having people needing to complete the meta for the egg to drop, make it an achievement to participate in the entire 2-hour long map meta into the final boss (whether it fails or succeeds) 10 times before the egg will drop. Seems reasonable yes? So the Elitists keep their hard-mode meta exactly as it is, and casuals get their egg without worrying about failing. Win-win, and you can increase prize drops for completed metas from this. I'm already at 8 fails, which is 16 hours at least hanging around this map, so the egg would be time-gated to 20 hours-ish roughly depending how quickly maps move on pre-events. Does that seem like a viable option?

20 hours of failed event just to start the collection?!?

No, that very much does not seem like a viable option.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

20 hours of failed event just to start the collection?!?

No, that very much does not seem like a viable option.

20 hours of participation actually, but whatever. It sounded excellent in my head, and a way everyone could be happy if Anet didn't want to nerf the meta. I really don't care anymore though, this community is turning me sour to the game, so whatever happens, happens.

Edit: Actually I had a better thought; they could create a whole string of new achievements that only take place during the final meta that you have to complete to get the turtle egg. Much like Tequatl, Triple Trouble, and the Shatterer. Once you complete all achievements of course, the egg drops, maybe even a neat title to go with it. But that is definitely one potential solution.

Edited by Caitybee.3614
More Info

Ok - So with the Turtle announcement that it will be available for currency on Tuesday this is this is the result - Not a single dragons end meta in LFG all day now. Mind you several jade maw events have popped up - but the map is essentially dead. The presents a problem with the "looking back" achievement (and mastery point) that is locked behind a successful meta completion (maybe disconnect that from teh meta since you are loathe to nerf the meta). It looks like the only reason anyone was suffering through the Meta's boss fight was to get the turtle egg, now that that is available somewhere else (given the open world 50 man raid you created for the meta this was a good thing), the meta is abandoned and the map is visited for jade maw only. The main issue barring completion of the meta is time when combined with your choice of RNG for the mechanics. The hard timer at the end now could be a gold clear, add 2 mins for a silver clear, and 2 more for a bronze clear - fail the bronze clear and then wipe. You dropped timers in the strike missions with good reason, but this open world meta needs some flexibility or nobody is going to do it rendering it abandoned. The rewards for the meta need a serious buff for teh 2 hours invested for each run - gold clear should have a chance at dropping a precursor and more memories of aurene. Bronze clear should get teh current reward levels and some of the blue coins used to buy armor recipes and skins, and silver something in between a maybe 1 EOD exotic drop guaranteed + a few more memories of aurene. You could use it as a vehicle to help people gear the new elites properly for the meta as the stat selectable gear aside from my legendary armor and weapons cannot be used to get the new stats. It has to be worth the 2-hour investment. This is not a raid awarding LI towards my 3rd set of legendary armor and dropping ascended weapons and boxes some of the time along with minimum 2g cash. You can have the epic hard-mode meta with poor rewards and hard timer - but it won't get played, and then what's the point in it, and why lock other unrelated achievements like "looking back", behind completing it. Just my 2c, but a dead map means I can't even use the pre-events to quick farm XP to fill mastery tracks (which is what I came looking for, knowing full well that the meta will fail anyway with 50 randoms).

• Like 2