Why do you expect so much from people in Dragon's End meta?!?! [Merged]

Just now, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

You still fail to get it, it doesn't matter how good I am, I need a map to be filled with all good ppl and it's not decided by my skill, only luck. Do you get it now?

It's less than three days into an expansion. Talk to me in 3 months. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

1 minute ago, Einsof.1457 said:

I played MMOs back when the whole games were open world with no instances. You really need some perspective. 

Because back then, MMOs are small niche who were only designed for ppl with group. Certain format doesn't work against a large group of player base.

And do you know why did it change to instance?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's not really fair that out of all the open world content in the game, we can't have one meta event that can actually fail if not done properly. The entitlement kids whine and complain until they get what they want, and everyone is the worse for it.

the meta is unbalanced. theres no way to "properly done", best teams are fail on average 10% hp.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's not really fair that out of all the open world content in the game, we can't have one meta event that can actually fail if not done properly. The entitlement kids whine and complain until they get what they want, and everyone is the worse for it.

Because its properly done or not is not decided by the players themselves, do you GET it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the meta is unbalanced. theres no way to "properly done", best teams are fail on average 10% hp.

Do you think EVERY guild wars 2 player has gotten to the final zone? Do you not realize that it takes time for folks to get through the content to the end? Chill out. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Because its properly done or not is not decided by the players themselves, do you GET it?

Right, because in 3 days every guild wars 2 player has all masteries, good builds, and have made it to the final zone, right? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I understand both sides of the argument. But I was there for Silver Waste, HoT, PoF and every meta that required maps to be organized for all of us to get it. I understand the frustration of preparing for a hour or so just to fail at the final boss. I get it. But what people need to understand is that once everyone understands the fight, it'll go on rotation like all the others. The map will be farmed like crazy, you'll have turtles everywhere and blah blah. It's extremely unrealistic for everyone to understand the mechs with 48 hours. I'm pretty sure by this weekend we'll see LFGs with "Meta - Organized" in the title like normal. Give it a week, a couple of patch fixes, tweaks, and I'm sure we'll all have turtles. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

Right, because in 3 days every guild wars 2 player has all masteries, good builds, and have made it to the final zone, right? 

Doesn't matter, you don't get to pick the map/team nor do you get quick retry. I just failed one,  ppl DON'T listen despite of us yelling. It doesn't have anything to do with our own ability at all. And it's why open meta should not be hard.

TD didn't get any better until it got nerfed. I did it before the nerf and it's still a huge pain and toxic whenever it fails.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sisriana.2384 said:

I understand both sides of the argument. But I was there for Silver Waste, HoT, PoF and every meta that required maps to be organized for all of us to get it. I understand the frustration of preparing for a hour or so just to fail at the final boss. I get it. But what people need to understand is that once everyone understands the fight, it'll go on rotation like all the others. The map will be farmed like crazy, you'll have turtles everywhere and blah blah. It's extremely unrealistic for everyone to understand the mechs with 48 hours. I'm pretty sure by this weekend we'll see LFGs with "Meta - Organized" in the title like normal. Give it a week, a couple of patch fixes, tweaks, and I'm sure we'll all have turtles. 

How?  HOW do you make sure that your map is filled with ppl who got it?  Some ppl don't even speak English. And it's why open meta should not be hard at all.

TD didn't get rotation until it was nerfed. Look at history.

• Like 3

Just now, Maikimaik.1974 said:

I think it's just way too early to appropriately judge it yet. 

Most new metas and boss fights tend to fail at first, let's wait a bit until everybody had a chance to check it out and get familiar with the mechanics before we scream "overtuned".

No, very few of the meta are like that during release. TD was at least short to waste time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Do you think EVERY guild wars 2 player has gotten to the final zone? Do you not realize that it takes time for folks to get through the content to the end? Chill out. 

The first crew to arrive in final meta is early rushers // most experienced, ppl used to speed clear stuff.

The most unexperienced are lagging behind(some even stuck in history).

All have seem there is ppl used to know mechanics, buffs, i spawned Unite Legions Waystation, everyone one was getting it. The crew broke CC bar every time.

So these theories about the meta failling because the first 48hrs arrivals there are noobs, is just emotional non-sense.

Ofc this meta is clearly unbalanced.

whats more u guys think is normal require and ppl are falling to achiev it? 50 ppl jump on discord? this is a meta, not a WvW raid or Pve raid.

Its you thats is writing in CAP, u need chil-out.

The toxic on this post, exemplifies why this metas needs nerf. 

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

The first crew to arrive in final meta is early rushers // most experienced, ppl used to speed clear stuff.

The most unexperienced are lagging behind(some even stuck in history).

Nonsense. Some hardcore folks are also hardcore story lovers and like to smell the flowers along the path. Believe it or not not everyone that is good is a try-hard anti-story speedrunner.

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

Just now, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

How?  HOW do you make sure that your map is filled with ppl who got it?  Some ppl don't even speak English. And it's why open meta should not be hard at all.

TD didn't get rotation until it was nerfed. Look at history.

Well just like with all content, YouTube and Reddit post explaining the meta. Nothing is perfect, not everyone will do the mechs as they should. We still have people showing up to meta's spamming 1 lol. So you have to lower your expectations a bit. Good thing about the game is that we'll succeed eventually just not within 72 hours after release. Also, remember patches and tweaks will be made so chill out ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Nonsense. Some hardcore folks are also hardcore story lovers and like to smell the flowers along the path. Believe it or not not everyone that is good is a try-hard anti-story speedrunner.

lol, this is just cherry picking, this inst even majority.

U really believe that unskilled ppl did Joon Mansion history chapter are struggling with this meta? lolz.

That meta inst even more complex than Dragon Stand.

U just make me laugh, the crowds that sell raids LFG, love story.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sisriana.2384 said:

Well just like with all content, YouTube and Reddit post explaining the meta. Nothing is perfect, not everyone will do the mechs as they should. We still have people showing up to meta's spamming 1 lol. So you have to lower your expectations a bit. Good thing about the game is that we'll succeed eventually just not within 72 hours after release. Also, remember patches and tweaks will be made so chill out ❤️ 

It doesn't matter, some ppl don't listen and THERE IS NO WAY to ensure the ppl on your map listen. Whenever you fail, you don't get the same or better crew, you get into a brand new map with new ppl later. There is no quick retry so it SHOULD NOT be hard at all. You want hard content, get a solo/raid format. Stop messing with open world meta.

Nor is this map really have hard mechanic, it's mostly a hard DPS check like TD, so the result should be nerf.

Why do I have to lower my expectation? I didn't spend 29$ to get my time constantly wasted for nothing and I couldn't do anything about the map. It's not like Anet paid me money to play it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Deadran.7345 said:

I'd rather they keep it challenging so that more of the casual playerbase simply has to "step it up" and get "better" overall so that the group content gets more enjoyable throughout the game.

They don't get better,  most of the ppl abandon the map after too many fails.

Nor could you pick good team in open map, everything you get a whole new squad, it has nothing to do with your skill, but bare luck.

• Like 8

Im fine with the difficulty and look forward to the community learning/mastering the fight together as we have others in the past. It is one of the things I enjoy most about GW2.

I do question the decision to gate the siege turtle mount behind the meta, however.  I can understand the need to encourage more and more people to try the fight early on, but there are better ways to do that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Blaeys.3102 said:

Im fine with the difficulty and look forward to the community learning/mastering the fight together as we have others in the past. It is one of the things I enjoy most about GW2.

I do question the decision to gate the siege turtle mount behind the meta, however.  I can understand the need to encourage more and more people to try the fight early on, but there are better ways to do that.

And the real reason these posts exist! Takes me back the Griffon, Beetle and Skyscale posts lol 

10/10 my friend ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Deadran.7345 said:

I'd rather they keep it challenging so that more of the casual playerbase simply has to "step it up" and get "better" overall so that the group content gets more enjoyable throughout the game.

u never heard about Serpents Ire and Marionette? look how these metas are full 24/7 of ppl trying "get better".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3