Why do you expect so much from people in Dragon's End meta?!?! [Merged]

im expecting to be able to play the game that i bought and not have to have to wait for a patch before one of its main advertised features becomes available to me to progress to get. i didnt rush the story, i watched every cutscene, dialog, etc, got to the last map, saw that completing the meta was needed for the "true ending" and to get the mount, so tried it and failed with a 50 ppl squad, and tried a few more times and failed each time and gave up on keeping playing the story/getting the mount for now. not very enjoyable.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

The expansion has been released barely 2 days ago. Are you expecting people to know everything in barely 48 hours ? 

And this is not the first time Anet locks a collection behind a meta event. A lots of stuff are locked behind the meta event and so far pretty much no one complains about it. Hell we've had achievement locked behind "finish X meta event" during the return to dragons achievement series and did anyone complain about that ? no. Do you see anyone complain about stuff locked behind Dragonstand meta event ? no.

And to be fair, if you reached the 2 last map, it means you pretty much rush at this point. I know it because I more or less rushed the story myself. Not everyone is doing that. 

The only thing they would have to know is how to DPS. 
Which they don't. And some will never learn. Some cannot learn even if they want to. There's people with disabilities who play this game and want to experience all the content. Heck, I have a grandma and another 50+ year old person in guild who don't want to hear anything about rotations.

I'm so tired of this meta at this point I've sent a ticket just to ask what the hell is wrong with them to release open world content which requires 3 raid squads to complete.

• Like 3

I love raids and harder conent, WHEN i can do it alone or with people i know. But a meta, which takes so much time and is in no way possible to controll other players, this is a big no for me.

You know, i have RL and other stuff to do, wasting 1 to 2 hours on an event what is doomed to fail is just a dead meta to me.

• Like 10

Hoooly, what a farce.

- Running back and forth all the time trying to JUST TARGET the dang model. Great experience.

- I can't even SEE what's going on in the cluster**** of effects. I can't even see if I'm actually hitting the boss or some random trashmob that happens to stand on the pile of players.

- There's too much going on at once. Tone down with the effect bonanza, we don't need full screen space ambiance and constant audio spam!

- Turn the saturation down a tad. Please.

I actually don't mind the mechanics, they're quite nicely telegraphed, but F F S tone down with the headless chicken running back and forth content. IT'S NOT FUN WHEN YOU'RE MELEE

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

Another 1h+ of work went to waste...
All the hype and excitement I had for the expansion - gone, I literally take a break from GW2 after each fail, I just lose my motivation to play

IT'S AN OPEN WORLD META!!! 
People who don't even understand English join these! 
Not to mention their lack of dps, their inability to do basic mechanics, and the game running at 20 fps on high end hardware! God knows what kind of experience people on potato PCs and laptops have. 
OPEN WORLD SHOULD BE DESIGNED WITH CASUALS IN MIND! 

Worst of all, you locked the new mount behind this nonsense so I can't even proceed with masteries without relying on a bunch of random people to do more than a few k dps.

Sigh...

It’s been 2 days. Let people learn the mechanics and get used to the boss. There’s so much content just do something else. Don’t lose your kitten because one part of the massive xpac isn’t working for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

100% fail rate after 10 tries.  But now the trolls are out in full force, been in 2 organized groups and the run was ruined by groups of trolls purposely messing up and not listening.  The meta is very unforgiving even for a slight error, thats fine for roller beetle racing where your in control but when you have 50 people there needs to be some reasonable leeway.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Substance E.4852 said:

All new content is "hard" until people figure out the secret cheese strategy and then it becomes brain dead easy

The chak meta was genuinely hard to complete until people discovered that you could just dps it to death while it stood still in break bar mode

Wrong, the chak meta was a pain until it got nerfed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeb CC.1342 said:

Having a difficult meta is fine, what I don't appreciate is when one person can throw it for everyone else. We know how the meta works, but you'll still fail if someone decides to troll. 

Shhh, meta is already too difficult by itself, don't mention that or we're all doomed.

3 hours ago, Lusid.4857 said:

Add another fail to the list. I'd be curious to know the success percentage of this meta since release. If i had to guess i'd say 20% or less, and that's being generous.

id be shocked if it was above 1%

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Substance E.4852 said:

All new content is "hard" until people figure out the secret cheese strategy and then it becomes brain dead easy

The chak meta was genuinely hard to complete until people discovered that you could just dps it to death while it stood still in break bar mode

2 hours ago, artcreator.4859 said:

It’s been 2 days. Let people learn the mechanics and get used to the boss. There’s so much content just do something else. Don’t lose your kitten because one part of the massive xpac isn’t working for you

I don't understand these posts, why excuse badly designed content when its going to get nerfed anyway? Anet has the data, it doesn't matter what people think, when they see the fail rates the fight will be changed, we just have to wait. If it doesn't get changed, then EoD is dead on arrival where content is involved. They made their money off us and don't care? heh. 
Also after all this time Anet should know better, the games been out for 9 years and they still mess it up. 9 years of work, 9 years of white knights defending mistakes for some reason. This is a mistake, and its up to Anet to fix the mistake, stop using excuses. Doesn't matter how "old" content is. 

They advertised stuff that is locked behind something much harder then it needs to be. a LOT harder then it needs to be. Organised groups are failing it. This expansion is turning into one massive fail. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Animando.7956 said:

oh my ... get some fresh air... you know you don't have to unlock the new mount and the last mastery within 48 hours post release

I'm happy to hear they put some difficulty in the last map meta. So that it feels like an accomplishment to beat it 😄

you say that, but look what people going for Warclaw have to do now since the first rush wave stopped running EoTM

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Try doing this least 12 times watching it fail at 20-30% every time, waste of time, waste of effort and honestly maddening. I am officially throwing in the towel until this is fixed as right now its the definition of insanity. No way 99% of maps will down it in current state unless your with a high profile twitch streamer and his hardcore raid buddys. Petition anet to fix this asap. Some do want there turtles soon.

• Like 7

So I'm all for hardcore boss fights and the Soo-won fight is fantastic, the DPS check is refreshing and I hope make people realize that just bashing a boss with sub 3k dps is not always going to work.

However, NO META should be ruined by a single troll, even if you want to do mechanics right, as it stands 1 player can ruin a perfectly good team with above average dps and coordination just by YOLOing around as a wisp.  

I say pause the wisp timer, but jack the health of the boss, that way people find out they are not up to par for damage and maybe try harder to CC and dodge mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Well I managed to get through the meta 2x today. It seemed longer than doing south and north in drizzlewood was originally before they cut the time down. Still no siege turtle egg because the kitten metas keep failing. Too much moving around the platform cutting into dps, boss health is too high, we used the way stations and I saw tons of electro magical blasts going off and it still took too long to break his breakbar. Mind you I want a siege turtle egg, but it’s not worth 2 hours of my day to go into a meta with random people in open world to work on a meta doomed to failure from the start. After such a great story I was left frustrated and disappointed. If your going to lock a mount behind challenging content then by all means reduce it to a raid squad  (10 man content) so I can do it with my static. Otherwise, this meta needs updating and the boss and mechanics need a nerf. 

• Like 1

most squads i've been in if we had even 2 extra minutes we probably could have got it. (also, its moving around the map so much for some ppl because their squads are failing the cc/a dps check im pretty sure)

when it does the attack after the burn phase that targets half the area, its probably going to move to the other side after. if you know to start going to the other side once that huge yellow indicator shows up there isn't actually much time wasted by it.

Edited by lain.3148