Isle of Reflection - I love it.

I just claimed the Isle of Reflection for personal use tonight with the help of a couple of strangers. Woo!
And I must say, I love how the guild hall looks, the size is just perfect, not to big, not to small. There are lovely areas and it does remind me a bit of my guild hall in GW1.

I only have one negative thing about it... At least from my RP point of view... Some open houses/rooms to decorate would have been nice. The workshop T1 would be great for decorating, though sadly there is this annoying fog inside of it. And yes I know, it's there to stimulate people to work on the upgrade.. But yeah, I do miss buildings to decorate. And before I get comments that this isn't the sims, I know. I just mean to say that if they had been there, it would have been nice. Certainly since we don't have player houses in game.

But overal, I love it and will enjoy spending the next two years working on the upgrades.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I haven't checked it out but wanted to. I went to craft new decorations yesterday and to my surprise there were none. Not even a cherry blossom. I'm holding out hope there's at least some vendor somewhere that sells some. 

For the surroundings it's certainly worth it! It already has a lot of trees, even cherry blossoms! But yes, I noticed the same, sadly no new decorations. I checked the decoration tab in the guild hall and couldn't spot any new icons either. But hopefully we'll get some in the future...

• Like 1

or the npcs discussing trading with itzels or burning down the jungle 😄 

No in all seriousness i really like the guild hall, I just really wish:

-There were more cantha decorations

-The arena used pvp/wvw balance 

-crafting stations and trading post (I know the reason but would be nice anyway)

-a reason to be in the hall other than scribing 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

For the surroundings it's certainly worth it! It already has a lot of trees, even cherry blossoms! But yes, I noticed the same, sadly no new decorations. I checked the decoration tab in the guild hall and couldn't spot any new icons either. But hopefully we'll get some in the future...

There is a huge dragon head statue which I believe is new but as hard as i can see thats all 😢

Yea... unfortunately gw2 isn't about house decorating, but this hall is pretty perfect beauty wise. I was surprised with all the decorations that are permanent based on what was said in the previews. It doesn't really leave much space to decorate in the high traveled areas.** YOU CAN OF COURSE but I wish a lot of the bamboo trees, pink trees, were new decorations that you could craft and not perma inplace in the hall.* (Or even if they were just new decorations too)

The houses that are there are way too tiny. There are no doors to enter them (like in DR) which was disappointing (but again refer to my 1st sentence). You can't even walk through the gate in the fence and of course they are meant to be looked at and not lived in.  

Boundary walls. (Can we just pause here for a second) Had to shake my head sometimes, just utterly dumbfounded. Some islands look like a perfect place to decorate but you can't land on them. 😞 For some reason you can go around the reversed L shaped island to the east just not land on it. On the west side of the hall i wish that whole side was pushed out into the water and had access to those cliffs and a lil beach front or w/e it would be. Since you can't decorate in the water I don't see why you just can't have water as the border. You don't have to decorate it, just a sand cliff underwater. I mean you have water borders Seitung Province and New Kaineng City which are just fine.

Some have said this was i guess was suppose to be for smaller guilds., that don't like to decorate? kinda like Windswept Haven. I mean you only put out 1 guild hall an xpac post HoT which hey it's better then nothing! But still kinda weird that you're catering to who exactly? The rp'ers want homes to decorate, the explorers want big halls with lots of hidden passages, the beetlers would like, well... actually the height of this hall is untested (for me) and the other halls work pretty well with that. Okay so beetlers are your target audience. got it. 😄 😄

*too  bad some elements aren't moveable to satisfy everyone. Those that don't want to decorate and those that do.

**Which to counter my own thoughts could be on purpose to reduce lag issues. 🙂 and maybe the issue too isn't "not enough room to decorate" but rather some might like to remove certain decorations for aesthetics or those pink trees for instance I can see easily getting in the way of other decorations. but you know w/e, opinions

And to counter more of my own thoughts: Gilded Hollow is old but hey its for those explorer types! You want rooms/ homes to decorate RP'ers? You have Lost Precipice! You don't like decorating and you want it done for you guess what, you have 2 halls to choose from in Windswept Haven and the New Isle of Reflection guild hall!

someone squeaks: "yeah but we want new ones."

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2