High-Energy Capacitor - How to get this one? Its not dropping for me.

I am really happy that there are more strike missions for players that enjoy this type of content but...

1 hour ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

The hover engine and medical cell is strikes only.

tying open world upgrades to it is not fair on a those of us that find that content difficult or just don't enjoy it. 

12 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

play with other people around your skill level

"That the average GW2 player does about 10% of the damage of an high end player/what's possible is a fact acknowledged by the Devs, as well as supported by running a DPS meter in any Open World activity - where 3-5 players generally do up to 80% of the damage in meta events/bosses of 50 player Squads. " Asum.4960

The developers know there is a skill deficit between the majority of players and the 10% and you yourself are pointing it out.

And I don't think they would put out a statement that they are looking at changing the Turtle requirements if it wasn't true.(Can't sell you skins if you can get the mount)

10 hours ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

Well then pay a team complete it for you.

The strike mission are so easy that they are requesting Li/Kp to participate and your own solution is to pay the 10% for a team to play the game for me( backed up by LFG being full of sellers)

Sounds a lot like the 'American dream', grind so you can give it all to the 10%

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Dont need a carry after all.

you cant even pay for carry

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

forced to carry you

We are not all built the same way, it is not an even playing field where everybody gets a fair chance. Most of us are very happy to try and willing to listen to advice for improvement but a 4'6" person is never going to slam dunk a hoop how ever much he practices or stretches his arms.

If you feel you would be force to carry open world players, you also have to agree with me that open world upgrades should not be in strike mission. 

And importantly this isn't a one off strikes mission  it's a random chance.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

The developers know there is a skill deficit between the majority of players and the 10% and you yourself are pointing it out.

And I don't think they would put out a statement that they are looking at changing the Turtle requirements if it wasn't true.(Can't sell you skins if you can get the mount)

That doesn’t change what I said which was to play with others around your skill level. 

46 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

That doesn’t change what I said which was to play with others around your skill level.

I answered this 15 hours ago, I don't know how to make it any more clearer to you.

"I'm happy to grind for most things solo. But most team based content will never be within my grasp and I would really not want to force a group to carry me" and you actually quoted me saying "do they really think finding 9 other people as bad as me is going to make an enjoyable experience, would anyone really want to come and fail with me several dozen times." 

The Recovered Hover Engine and  Medical Datacell are Strike only

These are open world upgrades that cannot be used in team based content but can only be gained randomly from team based content. I think your missing the irony there.

If the next story requires us to boost glide through a canyon or race our skiffs to a finish line, do those not playing strikes have to stop playing. With that way of thinking you just as well make all masteries only available from strikes.

IMO  Linken.6345  mistakenly offered the best solution several hours ago, You get to choose which one of the six possible Jade Statuettes that you want by completing one of the 6 activities per week. Do the 4 metas and 2 strikes to gain all possible 6 chests per week. Not forced to do content you don't want to do, but will take longer than those that do strikes. Even those that only want to do strike will be happy that they can choose a different Jade Statuette instead

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

I answered this 15 hours ago, I don't know how to make it any more clearer to you.

"I'm happy to grind for most things solo. But most team based content will never be within my grasp and I would really not want to force a group to carry me" and you actually quoted me saying "do they really think finding 9 other people as bad as me is going to make an enjoyable experience, would anyone really want to come and fail with me several dozen times." 

The Recovered Hover Engine and  Medical Datacell are Strike only

These are open world upgrades that cannot be used in team based content but can only be gained randomly from team based content. I think your missing the irony there.

If the next story requires us to boost glide through a canyon or race our skiffs to a finish line, do those not playing strikes have to stop playing. With that way of thinking you just as well make all masteries only available from strikes.

IMO  Linken.6345  mistakenly offered the best solution several hours ago, You get to choose which one of the six possible Jade Statuettes that you want by completing one of the 6 activities per week. Do the 4 metas and 2 strikes to gain all possible 6 chests per week. Not forced to do content you don't want to do, but will take longer than those that do strikes. Even those that only want to do strike will be happy that they can choose a different Jade Statuette instead

You responded to my post with something that didn’t change anything about what I had said.  You posting something elsewhere in the thread doesn’t matter. 

This entire thread was about the droprate of T3 bot upgrades, being a chance drop from a chest at all, and then having a rare rate in addition to that.

But from the patchnotes:

"The Thruster Control Unit has been moved to the Kaineng Overlook Strike Mission reward chest."

So the pool has just been diluted even more. They just don't get it.

17 minutes ago, Solstice.5790 said:

Stop, correction, didn't read the late notes:

"Tier 3 upgrades for jade bot modules can now be purchased from Myung-Hee in Seitung Province and Zazzl in Arborstone."

They did get it, thank rngesus!

This is for the 4 chips from the metas only.

25 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

This is for the 4 chips from the metas only.

Zazzl sell the 2 from the strikes for Green Prophet Shards and Myung-Hee sells the other 4 for Imperial Favor

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

You responded to my post with something that didn’t change anything about what I had said.  You posting something elsewhere in the thread doesn’t matter. 

So this time in the most simplest terms possible. I do NOT have the skill, speed or coordination to do strikes. What makes you think that it would somehow be possible if I found  9 other people at my skill level ???? 

Edited by AlleyGeek.6539
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

Zazzl sell the 2 from the strikes for Green Prophet Shards and Myung-Hee sells the other 4 for Imperial Favor

So this time in the most simplest terms possible. I do NOT have the skill, speed or coordination to do strikes. What makes you think that it would somehow be possible if I found  9 other people at my skill level ???? 

Normal strikes don’t require much skill, speed, or coordination. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Normal strikes don’t require much skill, speed, or coordination. 

Well that's a giant leap to make assuming that everyone is exactly the same as you. Think hard, can you name one person that you know, that would find playing the video games that you play, difficult. 

13 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

interesting, now that I did not catch onto.

I think it's great news and the end to waiting for a random drop; if they would only let Myung-Hee sell the 2 strike ones for Imperial Favor as well I'll be very happy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

Well that's a giant leap to make assuming that everyone is exactly the same as you. Think hard, can you name one person that you know, that would find playing the video games that you play, difficult. 

I think it's great news and the end to waiting for a random drop; if they would only let Myung-Hee sell the 2 strike ones for Imperial Favor as well I'll be very happy.

It’s not about my personal skill level. The normal strikes for Cantha have no time limit. You can take as long as you need. Players can play ultra self-sustaining builds and eventually succeed. Having greater skill, speed, and coordination only comes into play when you play riskier builds and try to complete them quickly. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

It’s not about my personal skill level. The normal strikes for Cantha have no time limit. You can take as long as you need. Players can play ultra self-sustaining builds and eventually succeed. Having greater skill, speed, and coordination only comes into play when you play riskier builds and try to complete them quickly. 

I didn't ask about your skill, I asked if you know anyone that would find playing the video games that you play, difficult? 

And again you assume("You can take as long as you need") that some of us don't tire out very quickly from stressful gameplay. You seem to have a very narrow view of who plays video games. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

I didn't ask about your skill, I asked if you know anyone that would find playing the video games that you play, difficult? 

And again you assume("You can take as long as you need") that some of us don't tire out very quickly from stressful gameplay. You seem to have a very narrow view of who plays video games. 

You did bring up my skill when you said: “Well that's a giant leap to make assuming that everyone is exactly the same as you.”. This was in response to me saying: “Normal strikes don’t require much skill, speed, or coordination.”  

How is something stressful if you can play with a build and team comp that essentially removes nearly all risk? Do you find meta events to be stressful?  How about certain story instance bosses?  Did you find the last story instance of EoD so stressful to ask for a change?

3 hours ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

Saw this recently.

Maybe it is something you could try to not have a stressfull time mate.

Saw this recently.

Maybe it is something you could try to not have a stressfull time mate.

Looks like a really good build and not having so much to concentrate on will hopefully be a very good step forward

Social anxiety is great when hiding in a crowd, but slowly strips me of coherent thought and concentration in smaller groups, the guilt that I'm going to let other people down is then reinforced by the mistakes that I'm now making. The adrenalin rush gets me up pacing the room, often in the middle of a game before stripping me of energy or builds to a full panic attack, both send me to bed. More often than not I then purge all of my social media accounts of everything I have ever written, shut off my computer and lock the door; appearing days, weeks, months or even years later on the same or a new account.

Mine can be extreme but we are social animals, most can shrug off a mistake or a low score but letting others down can over time, erode most peoples confidence making them shy away instead of letting them shine. 

This is me, if it helps others, but we all have our own difficulties that make us unique but can also hold us back.

These posts are now straying from the original subject(which is now resolved) so take care all and have fun. bye

• Like 1

Glad they put them on the vendors for cheap!  Its so nice that the modules are character bound and not account bound!
</sarcasm>

I don't mind a little grind but getting these upgrades for all your characters is out of the question. I would have like to see the items be cheaper and a higher drop rate.

I don't know about you all but I'm seriously getting a tired of keeping the lights on for New Kaineng City!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

So I have been following this thread, and I agree with all the negative assessments.  This is of course, 'gacha' level game design, with the end goal being player counts more than hard capital (the reason gacha's do this). Misleading instructions (pointing out the simplest least likely method), to cover the true intent of repeat play through; obfuscation. I have the capacitor and here are some brief tips on how to get it the surest quickest way:

1. Secure 2500 imperial favor (running metas in the 4 provinces is the quickest way)

2. Make 1000 research notes (you will need 300 to get the mount 3 core, if you want to go ahead and be ready for that as well, then 1300 total)

3. Collect all the statues for Myung - Hee and hold them (don't give her any)

5. Give them all to her at once and the store will open. Buy the capacitor

If you turn in the statues and don't buy the capacitor, the store will close for the weekly reset, and you will have to collect them again before it will reopen (this happened to me, as I didn't have enough favor and research notes).  This is ludicrous.  I like this game, but it has many un-necessary gacha style mechanics (I have 60 BL chests and 5 keys...smh), terrible customer service and 0 new player assistance, that keep it from being as good as it could be.  I hope this helps.

Edited by AdamII.2140
  • Like 1