Condi Willbender in PvE...

KeoLegend.5132

1 hour ago, Eliam.3716 said:

What is the compelling reason to play WB in PVE then if DPS is roughly same as cFB?  WB is an easier rotation IMO but lose out on tomes with cFB just not sure what its purpose is in PVE content outside of OW

Hot take, FB is the most bloated agonizing gameplay this side of floor elementalist.  I couldn't remove my FB build template fast enough once EoD came out.  The spec could literally manifest clovers out of its kitten for me and I still wouldn't play it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Borked.6824 said:

Hot take, FB is the most bloated agonizing gameplay this side of floor elementalist.  I couldn't remove my FB build template fast enough once EoD came out.  The spec could literally manifest clovers out of its kitten for me and I still wouldn't play it

Basically this.

Once I realized this was similar to base burn guardian in sPvP, but actually viable for raids cause you can actually fit in some utility. . . hot kitten. Dropping Firebrand like a bar of used soap.

For those who like cFB, have a field day, but I'll play cWB over over cFB any day of the week. Firebrand just DOES NOT do it for me personally. Just like the Mesmer meta awhile back, I don't CARE how meta Mesmer is. I'M NOT PLAYING ONE.

Edited by Rune Darkmoor.3269
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Eliam.3716 said:

What is the compelling reason to play WB in PVE then if DPS is roughly same as cFB?  WB is an easier rotation IMO but lose out on tomes with cFB just not sure what its purpose is in PVE content outside of OW

Thats because playing cFB is a shore. Its horrible, TERRIBLE. 

I wanted soo bad CondiBender to succed and now that it does i am so happy. I hope i don't ever have to touch my FB again. 

Condi Bender, Power DH or Core Shout Sup. 

10 hours ago, Eliam.3716 said:

Superior and faster condicleanse and mobility, superior burst damage. You can shorten some stuff with the F3 Jump kinda like DH.

It has its place.

2 hours ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Thats because playing cFB is a shore. Its horrible, TERRIBLE. 

I still enjoy playing cfb.

Cfb makes me feel like the party's mom, cwb makes me feel like the feral cat in the backyard. They're both different playstyles and they're both great.

Yeah i have to agree. cWB just feels more fun. But i gotta say... i'm dying like madman. I used to die alot less on my Thief lol. Barely died on my cFB. But with cWB it's just almost humiliating. Can't really survive at all. No idea how to tackle that. I'm talking bout the exact same build as in benchmarks and same gear. Have to figure out somehow how to die less on this build. Aside from F3 aegis/stab/prot and some miniscule heals from F2 (i'd say F2 needs tuning, atleast some burst heal, and also losing virtue passives hurts abit too).. idk what else can i do. Sure you can use blocks and invuln elite but i'm talking how to survive while not sacrificing DPS. On fb you could just keep dpsing and survive (abit harder now due to solace nerf), on cWB i guess you have to stop dpsing if u want to survive. But it's also counterproductive cuz you have to keep fighting if you want abit more heals out of F2 procs. Feels weird so far... but overall a fun class to play, somewhat of a mix between thief/warr/guard.

Edited by Dave.6819

With the advent of the DE meta, the egregious thing I'm finding is the difficulty in sharing boons compared to other classes.  Not my usual stomping ground, but comparing it to my Harbinger.  It has as multiple un-traited modes of sharing quickness and other boons.  Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but Willbender has access to a small amount of alacrity, and the only way to share it is via Virtue GM traits at the expense of dps, which by the numbers isn't insanely high to begin with, compared to say DH.  When groups are baseline requiring either some boon support, or phenomenal dps, Willbender is pretty convincingly left in a question mark zone.  

I don't see any harm in getting that alacrity shared via easier or multiple means rather than one reasonably convoluted build.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, Eliam.3716 said:

I do not think this is a bad thing. We want elites to be around equal, with different flavours. Different strength and weaknesses.

Looks cool, but I do have concerns about survival.  In the power build there's two "invulnerability" buttons that let me do damage: Litany of Wrath and F3.  While those effects are up, I'm either out-regening enemy damage or I'm spamming self-Aegis to block all of their attacks.  On the condi build, f3 is out of the question, since a large portion of damage comes from F1.  At full glass with no inherent aegis, this severely cuts down on my personal survival.  

16 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

In the power build there's two "invulnerability" buttons that let me do damage: Litany of Wrath and F3.  

Ive been working out litanty of wrath for willbender, since power wb would have a hard time taking valor line. Not taking valor on litany means you lose ~2k healing, cd reduction and condi cleanse smite on heal. If they fix the wb heal skill to not get randomly canceled by daze and other stuff and up the healing a bit it would be a valid replacement.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cat.8975 said:

I still enjoy playing cfb.

Cfb makes me feel like the party's mom, cwb makes me feel like the feral cat in the backyard. They're both different playstyles and they're both great.

Im glad you still like cFB. Your reason to play cFB is the same reason i hate playing cFB lol!

15 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

Yeah i have to agree. cWB just feels more fun. But i gotta say... i'm dying like madman. I used to die alot less on my Thief lol. Barely died on my cFB. But with cWB it's just almost humiliating. Can't really survive at all. No idea how to tackle that. I'm talking bout the exact same build as in benchmarks and same gear. Have to figure out somehow how to die less on this build. Aside from F3 aegis/stab/prot and some miniscule heals from F2 (i'd say F2 needs tuning, atleast some burst heal, and also losing virtue passives hurts abit too).. idk what else can i do. Sure you can use blocks and invuln elite but i'm talking how to survive while not sacrificing DPS. On fb you could just keep dpsing and survive (abit harder now due to solace nerf), on cWB i guess you have to stop dpsing if u want to survive. But it's also counterproductive cuz you have to keep fighting if you want abit more heals out of F2 procs. Feels weird so far... but overall a fun class to play, somewhat of a mix between thief/warr/guard.

I'm not. I mean, sometimes, like in Ankka's Strike, my F1 passes trough enemy and it leads me to insta-death, but might be a bug i think. For survivability you need LITHANY OF WRATH as your healing skill. Do not use WB's Heal. With Litany is like being invlun for 3-4 seconds because it heals 100% every second. Also, use ur F2 to DODGE away when you need because it also gives evade frames, and F3 also helps a bit too. If you're relying on F2 Heals + WB Heals that's why you are feeling squishy

6 hours ago, Borked.6824 said:

With the advent of the DE meta, the egregious thing I'm finding is the difficulty in sharing boons compared to other classes.  Not my usual stomping ground, but comparing it to my Harbinger.  It has as multiple un-traited modes of sharing quickness and other boons.  Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but Willbender has access to a small amount of alacrity, and the only way to share it is via Virtue GM traits at the expense of dps, which by the numbers isn't insanely high to begin with, compared to say DH.  When groups are baseline requiring either some boon support, or phenomenal dps, Willbender is pretty convincingly left in a question mark zone.  

I don't see any harm in getting that alacrity shared via easier or multiple means rather than one reasonably convoluted build.

I agree. But then again, playing a Selfish DPS is better in my opinion (with WB at least). Since he doesn't support well, everything you spend on support means less DPS overall for your team. Just focus on mad damage and you're great to go

38 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Looks cool, but I do have concerns about survival.  In the power build there's two "invulnerability" buttons that let me do damage: Litany of Wrath and F3.  While those effects are up, I'm either out-regening enemy damage or I'm spamming self-Aegis to block all of their attacks.  On the condi build, f3 is out of the question, since a large portion of damage comes from F1.  At full glass with no inherent aegis, this severely cuts down on my personal survival.  

Why aren't you using Litany of Wrath? Is the best Heal for CondiWB too. Also F2 has evade frames and you have 2 of them! The difference playing WB is that you have to stay mobile. Use F2 and F3 not only for Aegis or heal but to avoid damage. My Power DH dies way easier than my CondiWB because it needs to stay stationary, while with my CondiWB i have the luxury to go away a bit and then quickly get back into the fray with F1

8 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Press F3 every now and then. Ditch the WB heal, it is garbage. Consider taking Advance instead of Ye Olde Signet Of Damage Buff.

This is the way. If you're still running a passive stat signet anywhere that isn't instanced group content, you're doing it wrong. If I had to pick between having 180 condition damage and having access to aegis OR stability OR cc OR a stun break OR reflects OR vuln OR ... you get the idea.