Monastery Armor

1 hour ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

I believe (not playing right now to check) that a vendor sells the recipes.  Also (hooray), the Monastery armor set only has one version, not light/medium/heavy, so you only have to craft each piece once to unlock all three weights.

Ooh, very awesome!  OK, I'll start going back through and looking for vendors, then.  Tricky thing about recipes is that you can't preview them to see if it's the armor you actually want.  Anyway, thank you!

Edited by Lyssia.4637
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

Ooh, very awesome!  OK, I'll start going back through and looking for vendors, then.  Tricky thing about recipes is that you can't preview them to see if it's the armor you actually want.  Anyway, thank you!

You can. Go to the bank, hit the wardrobe icon and type in the name of the set. You can preview all armours in the game from there. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Winola.8214 said:

You can. Go to the bank, hit the wardrobe icon and type in the name of the set. You can preview all armours in the game from there. 

Yes, that's where I found the armors... but the preview doesn't tell me what recipe I need to craft them, and the crafting recipe doesn't tell me what the armor looks like when it's crafted.  For instance, I found a couple of recipes that apparently only give the ascended skin.  Usually I check the wiki, but the Monastery pages aren't up yet.

11 minutes ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

OK, the recipe vendor is in

Hide contents

the Daigo Ward of the first EoD map, just east of the waypoint.  Blue icon, "Collector of Unusual Coins."

Putting in spoiler text in case others want to discover the vendor for themselves.

You are the best!  Thank you!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Albie.5284 said:

WARNING: The merchant only sells recipes, you also have to buy the insignias which means you'll have to farm for the unusual coins.

Nice thing is, there's a really cute and fun achievement that rewards unusual coins, so this was the most fun farming I think I've ever had in this game so far.

• Like 2