Cantha Guild Hall claiming not duo-able (despite of what's been marketed)

The Cantha guild hall was marketed to be obtainable by small guilds (without having to recruit unknown people to help). It was marketed (specifically by Ruby, even) that even 2 people could capture it as duo. Unfortunately I found this to be quite untrue at this moment.

I tried twice (and yes, my DPS is pretty good, as is my friend's). We had a good time on the regular mobs (trash mobs), they were all fine, but the bosses took up to 10 minutes due to their extreme amount of hitpoints. We could keep breakbars down most of the time, but even with that it wasn't enough. With 4 bosses to kill (and time to move in between), 40 minutes isn't cutting it.

I hope this will be tuned, because I was looking forward to claiming this guild hall. It's a private guild hall (just friends) and only one other person is currently playing the game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I had the same experience. That bit about two people being able to take a guild hall was exciting to me because I've had an unfinished guild hall mission sitting there for a couple years. I immediately switched to trying to claim the new one.

We tried with 2. Tried again with 3 and at least got to the 4th boss. Hopefully we'll be able to pull it off with our full 5 person membership. But doing it with 2 is unrealistic unless those 2 have high DPS and execute everything almost perfectly. I think 3 is a more realistic minimum number.

If you want some help let me know. I'd be happy to assist.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We're in the same position. Currently facing the choice between giving up on it or try to hire people for sizable chunks of gold. Leaning towards giving up though since it is just too much of a hassle to spam map chat. 

Edit: Ended up spamming map chat and group finder for a while, offered 15g per person and eventually did it with 9 people in total. Could have done it with less in hindsight, but I opted for 'overkill' to make sure I didn't have to make a new group. 😄 

Edited by Raap.9065
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

We are a small guild of 15, with 3-4 regular players.  We were more than hyped that we could finally obtain a guild hall after years.  But, alas, the timer issue always got us.  ANET should add-on an extra 3-5 minutes per boss kill, so the time is still challenging yet doable for 2-4 people.   Love EoD, except for this little issue.

Having done this capture 3x (first 2x with 4 players; 1x with a much larger group), I would recommend at minimum 4 players; 3 dps and definitely one dedicated healing build.  When doing it with the 4-player groups we actually seemed to have more difficulty with the lieutenants, specifically the 2 lieutenants not located in the mine, as they both seemed to dole out massive damage with certain attacks.  The attacks are telegraphed and very much dodge-able, but as we were new (one doesn't expect to do guildhall captures multiple times) to the capture at times our endurance was low and therefore no dodge.

And as Miss Lana stated above, you can always invite non-guildmates to take part in the capture (they just need to select the guild requesting the capture when they join the instance), as my group of 4 was all made up of players from different guilds who were helping one another out.

Another thought if you're having difficulty getting a group together for the capture is to post here on the forums asking for help from other small guilds who are also seeking to capture the hall and in return help them capture their guildhall.  That's exactly what I did (although I had the benefit of knowing all the players who helped me; we were all after the guildhall just in different small guilds).

Best of luck!!!

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

So it's not a fix, but a workaround is you are able to take non-guildies in to capture the hall with you as long as they are in party/squad.

That was part of the joke. When guild halls were first introduced in HoT, Colin told small guilds to go to LA and pug it. In the launch live stream, they said even a small guild of 2 could do it, without needing to go to LA to pug it.

• Confused 1