Changes that Vindicator needs

RedYeti.2453

I played for a litte bit and it didn't change since beta 4 the spec is still has a GS3 bug and recycled skill animations and no CC Combo Fields. Alliance stance is still less viable. However it deals sick damage a least in Open world Pve with out CC. Overall it didn't change anything at all after beta4

What I want to be changed is:

-making Elite skill into a Profesion skill that could be used outside alliance stance and buffed them(Spear projectile speed increased by 50% and set knockback, Urn is now summonig St.Viktor to create area of healing instead chaneling and  healing rest while taking damage and not being immune to healing effects),it also makes new elite skills (yeah that would be time consuming for devs,but those elite are not very usable in game now)

-new unique animations for Greatsword and fixing GS3 range also make GS3 a CC like pulling nearby enemies to you  and make GS4-True Strike a stun(more you blocked=longer duration of stun)

-Scavenger Burst now creates fire field instead of burning enemies while Tree Song creates water field,  Scavenger Burst animation is slaming fist like Hammer5 

-new dodge is a blast finisher and knockdown enemies for 1 second

-Reaver Rage is no longer a stun break and is now upkeep(creates pulses that damage enemies and gives you fury instead of stability,it flips to awakening skill),Awakening cost now 10 energy and activating it flips to Reaver's Rage

-Nomad's Advance is stunbreak and cooldown is now 5s instead of 3s it flipps to Battle Dance, Battle Dance now flips to Nomad's Advance 

-Buff both heals that they heal at least 900 health

-Leviathan's Strength now increase movent speed by 10%, 15% while endurance is not full

-Reaver's Curse-aditionally Spear grant you vigor and inflict vulnerability to enemies, Song of Arboreum-additionally Urn grants protection and resistance and inflict weakness to enemies

-New elites:

-Spear Blast-thrust summoned Spear of Archemorus to ground creating explosion of spears that damages,cripple and knockback enemies(it would look like from Darksiders War's skill when he  thrust sword in the ground and summons swords from them) cooldown 25s energy 20 and it is blast finisher

-Cleansing Prayer-Channel St.Viktor's spirit to pray and heal up to 5 allies and grant them barrier and resistance cooldown 25s energy 20

-update skill icons they are bland, basic

Edited by RedYeti.2453
  • Like 1

I don't like reading these "visionary" threads - mostly because devs don't care about your vision, they care about their vision.

Only thing that caught my eye was about the dodge being a blast finisher.  I agree with this.  It should be a blast finisher.

On the same note, I'd like to see the Dodge (and/or Scavenger's Burst) drop a fire field.

• Thanks 3

I don't expect them to change most things in Vindicator but this spec should offer more than it has already like mentioned blast finisher for dodge, new animations to fit revenant style plus do something with the alliance legend to be useful in raids/WvW/PvP when I saw first presentation of vindicator I assumed it will be some "Ying Yang" spec for revenant and after they made skill not to flip to have more control over your build and using skills that you like most and it improved Vindicator but it made less this "Ying Yang" style that assume they wished to make

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a bit discouraged by the animations myself, and the OP doesn't like that they are recycled. I'm not so unhappy about them being recycled, but I am frustrated that they are "spin in a circle with your sword out!" animations.  I would be happier if they recycled all the animations from the rangers 2hand greatsword set. at least the ranger doesn't spin in silly circles with a sword held out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ohdawg.4139 said:

I am a bit discouraged by the animations myself, and the OP doesn't like that they are recycled. I'm not so unhappy about them being recycled, but I am frustrated that they are "spin in a circle with your sword out!" animations.  I would be happier if they recycled all the animations from the rangers 2hand greatsword set. at least the ranger doesn't spin in silly circles with a sword held out.

Exactly!!! GW2 has been recycling animations since the beginning, that was never the problem. But at least choose animations that actually look good on a Greatsword.  The player almost gets decapitated during the GS3 swing!! 

Edited by Blazinflames.8415
  • Like 1

A more pressing concern : Auto dismounting while under the Alliance should Not default us to using Saint Viktor stance. I swear, whenever I mount up, in the Archemorus stance, when I unmount it switches me back by default. Extremely annoying when using my mount to Engage in a fight, because I will obviously not start a fight in a defensive position, I need to be on the offensive early on Then switch to defense, that was the design behind that spec.

• Thanks 1

[Quote]Reaver Rage is no longer a stun break and is now upkeep(creates pulses that damage enemies and gives you fury instead of stability,it flips to awakening skill),Awakening cost now 10 energy and activating it flips to Reaver's Rage

[/Quote]

Nah to this. 

Edited by Knighthonor.4061
  • Thanks 1