Turtle mount as a solo player

Am i the only one who thinks we should be able to use cannons as a solo player? It doesnt have to work same as duo. I saw nice turtles with one big cannon, this can be used, looks fun :)

It's kinda weird, mount is one of big selling points of expansion (and not everyone checks anet streams or whatever), you look at trailer thinking "oh nice, its gonna be fun" and boom, you can't use it in a way you would think, they show how it shoots shells, looks fun and fresh but no, can't use it. It's honestly no reason to design this way, i'm not running with my friend (if having any lol) all the time just to be able use turtle and please, don't tell me "it's supposed to be used in certain situations, ie events etc" - if it was, you wouldn't be able use your mount while roaming open world alone. There are places where you can rent mount, it could work exacly the same proving this point. Even EoD webpage says "Each mount can bear two riders". Using word CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Not a single hint in webpage that you can't shoot while using mount alone.

And while talking about turtle - i think fire rate is waaaaay to low, gonna write again FIRE RATE, not damage, it would be more fun to be able to shoot more often, now its just burst 5 and loooooong wait to shoot once in a while. It can be low damage, im sure it can be balanced somehow but shooting more often (in a long run) would be more interesting, like once per second without burst, so you're constantly doing something. 

To be fair, i was doing dragon's end meta and people very quickly were leaving my turtle because it was simply boring (they even said that), they shot all ammo, waited for a moment, shoot once and left and i'm not suprised, i also would prefet to play on foot, because i want to actually play.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

turtle mount is not a solo player mount. Let's leave it at that or I would say: Deal with it. 

I think you didn't read whole post. "Each mount can bear two riders", this alone implies you can use it solo. Your "deal with it" shows a lot about you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I agree that it would seem that it should be one person OR two person.  I do not have mine yet, and didn't play around with in beta, so I'm glad to know about the cannons. I assumed it would have it as a skill and an additional one for another player for more fire power.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

this was a collaborative mount to put some emphasis in the mmo side of the game (this last part is mine) 

You still don't get it do you? Going with this logic you can say that dungeons/fractals/strikes/raids are collaborative content to put some empashis in the mmo side (which technically is) but it doesn't mean you can't do it (or at least try it) SOLO or less than max count (less than 5 or 10 in those cases). Imagine not being able to do fractal or strike just because you don't have full party.

Even in GW1 they added companions so you could do all (or at lest most) content alone, despite being MMO, they could ignore it but they didn't.

23 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Turtle is not an skyscale

and skyscale its not griffon, america discovered 🙂

• Like 4

I get where the OP is coming from. Having unlocked the mount and not being able to use its full potential as a single player sounds frustrating. (Keep that i mind next time you wish for more Guild-Stuff) But after all, this is a MMO and it's expected to see other players and interact with them. GW2 does its all to keep these interactions as minimal and as voluntarily as possible. But EoD seems to have a theme going on with "players playing together" (points at Skiffs giving group buffs to fishing, indierctly depending on the size of the group). So it just is what it is.

But one can argue that it's exactly that, that it needs two to be fully functional, what sets it aside from ther est of the mounts. Removing this aspect isn't easy. Make it not matter if one or two persons are crewing the mount, and no one will ever take the second seat, at least not if they have a turtle of their own. Make it worse and no one will use it unless necessary. You can't make it too good by itself, so it doesn't make other mounts or even character combat obsolete. But if you make single player mode too bad, there's just no point in having the mount.

I'd say keep it as it is. It's like the Warclaw being only useful when you're in WvW, the Skiff only being useful if you're fishing. The Turtle is only useful if you have another player who's willing to cannoneer.
Also so far I have seen one place where the Turtle is actually a nice thing to have, it's in one of the lanes in the Jade Sea Meta, otherwise the game seems fairly playable without the Turtle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

I get where the OP is coming from. Having unlocked the mount and not being able to use its full potential as a single player sounds frustrating. (Keep that i mind next time you wish for more Guild-Stuff) But after all, this is a MMO and it's expected to see other players and interact with them. GW2 does its all to keep these interactions as minimal and as voluntarily as possible. But EoD seems to have a theme going on with "players playing together" (points at Skiffs giving group buffs to fishing, indierctly depending on the size of the group). So it just is what it is.

But one can argue that it's exactly that, that it needs two to be fully functional, what sets it aside from ther est of the mounts. Removing this aspect isn't easy. Make it not matter if one or two persons are crewing the mount, and no one will ever take the second seat, at least not if they have a turtle of their own. Make it worse and no one will use it unless necessary. You can't make it too good by itself, so it doesn't make other mounts or even character combat obsolete. But if you make single player mode too bad, there's just no point in having the mount.

I'd say keep it as it is. It's like the Warclaw being only useful when you're in WvW, the Skiff only being useful if you're fishing. The Turtle is only useful if you have another player who's willing to cannoneer.
Also so far I have seen one place where the Turtle is actually a nice thing to have, it's in one of the lanes in the Jade Sea Meta, otherwise the game seems fairly playable without the Turtle.

And thats a response i can work with, unlike someone 😉 , especially on 3rd part, i agree and i can see this point of view, but i think turtle should work similar to skiff, more ppl, more buff but still usable solo which is THE ISSUE i have with turtle. Efficient? No, but usable.

• Like 2