Bug: Little Foxes in the Big City

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm working on this achievement now, and here are the ones that are bugged:

• 10. Hiding in the northern part of the Ministry Ward.  Boxes cannot be interacted.
  • 13. Playing among salvaged goods.  Boxes cannot be interacted.
  • 24. Hiding from the Speakers on a roof.  The hint is incorrect.

An awful lot of these puzzles where you need to pick up a box and place it into a position are bugged in that the box you need to pick up is invisble. Often wandering around in the close proximity you will get the interact [F] pop up on the screen.

11 hours ago, Namikaze.1608 said:

I'm working on this achievement now, and here are the ones that are bugged:

• 10. Hiding in the northern part of the Ministry Ward.  Boxes cannot be interacted.
  • 13. Playing among salvaged goods.  Boxes cannot be interacted.
  • 24. Hiding from the Speakers on a roof.  The hint is incorrect.

Number 10 was bugged for a while. It is one where the box you need to interact with is invisible. If you look at the boxes that are positioned on the floor, just to the south are a slightly larger and a smaller box which are different colours to the puzzle. Walk close to these and you should get the [F] interact dialogue.

Number 13 just been there. The box you need to pick up was clearly displayed for me. It also has the interact dialogue. Picked it up and placed it at the top of the other boxes to make an arrow shape. If its not showing you should be able to get an interact dialogue near the larger of the boxes on the platform.

Number 24 The place you need to interact with the box is incorrect, it isnt on the roof, its on the ground below it. 

The overall achievment can be done, its just that Anet really do need to get someone from their Quality Control or Playtesters to go through each of these things and sort out missing graphics etc.,

Edited by Andy.5981

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 4:28 AM, Andy.5981 said:

Number 10 was bugged for a while. It is one where the box you need to interact with is invisible. If you look at the boxes that are positioned on the floor, just to the south are a slightly larger and a smaller box which are different colours to the puzzle. Walk close to these and you should get the [F] interact dialogue.

On Number 10, still running into the issue of not seeing the back and the [F] interact dialogue never comes up.  I even tried RP-walking from the small crates of the puzzle to the two different colored, larger crates and I get no interaction.  Tried walking all over the area too to make sure I didn't zoom past it, but neither me nor my wife can see an interact and it's the only one we need in the zone.

Edited by SMFX.3841
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SMFX.3841 said:

On Number 10, still running into the issue of not seeing the back and the [F] interact dialogue never comes up.  I even tried RP-walking from the small crates of the puzzle to the two different colored, larger crates and I get no interaction.  Tried walking all over the area too to make sure I didn't zoom past it, but neither me nor my wife can see an interact and it's the only one we need in the zone.

I've just been to this location and stood at the spot where you can get the [F] Interaction. It worked as intended.

Pick up the box, then drop it into the centre of the smaller boxes, to complete an X shape.

You can see the spot where you get the [F] interaction in the following screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/2MYjFwe

Hope this helps.

Edited by Andy.5981

6 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

I've just been to this location and stood at the spot where you can get the [F] Interaction. It worked as intended.

Pick up the box, then drop it into the centre of the smaller boxes, to complete an X shape.

You can see the spot where you get the [F] interaction in the following screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/2MYjFwe

Hope this helps.

If it helps, this  quoted reply is correct: the box is there, in that spot. It was still invisible to me; I had to otherwise blindly interact with it to solve the puzzle. #6 was also bugged for me, but only #6 & #10 were bugged for me, which is different from some of this thread, though some like #24 were invisible but I found them by interact key anyway and, at the time, assumed it was my (lower) graphics settings at play.

I also tried it on two different characters. The first was a character who had done group content (my firebrand/guardian) but hadn't done story yet. I was able to complete all but #6 & #10 on this character, though some (like #13) were invisible despite being interactive if I got close enough to trigger the interaction key dialogue. I then tried #6 & #10 specifically on a character that *had* completed story, thinking maybe it was a phasing issue, and that character (my soulbeast/ranger) had mixed results. #10 was still invisible, but I was able to interact with/grab the box at the point of this quoted reply, and thus complete the puzzle. #6, the box to grab is on top of the bigger, differently-colored boxes, and I had to jump onto at least the first level of boxes to get the interaction key. The box to grab was visible immediately on approach on my ranger, and also interactable, but not on my guardian, neither visible nor interactable (I jumped around on my firebrand as well!), but I know that New Kaineng City is a story step, so I don't know if phasing is at play here.

Some boxes will not be visible until interacted with. I posted all the exact locations on Wiki not very long ago, indicated by a Green Arrow, for all similar achievements for anyone who had difficulties with any of them.

Seitung: Spiritual Childcare

New Kaineng: Little Foxes in the Big City

Echovald: What Did the Shrine Guardian Says?

Dragon's End: Dead Play

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...