Any chance we could just get rid of the hp of shroud as a trait?

Kalocin.5982

With the reduction I'm annoyed with some random move slapping half my shroud down. As a reaper, most of the time I'm at full HP and I'd rather get a damage boost or something in place of the shroud shield. I dunno if something happened to make shroud easier to get knocked out of but I feel like my raptor is more durable. The main issue is that a lot of the damage is tied to being in reaper shroud, and with the nerf well you can see the issue. Let me die, take all the hits I want, uber scrub needs to get good. At least let me stay in shroud.

• Like 2

PvP folks were complaining that necro was too durable so they nerfed PvE. Logic?

You have a few solutions possible:

- Preemptive AoE Blind from GS and well of darkness.

- Cast locust swarm before entering shroud to leech LF around you (with the WH trait the duration is "OKish").

- Cast spectral armor before entering shroud to offset LF loss from hits by LF gain on when struck.

- Protection/keeping up infusing terror instead of blasting it with terrify, it will help.

Dadnir is right. Spectral Armor and Locust Swarm both have 30s cooldown in PvE and scale greatly the more mobs you fight.

I do actually welcome the PvE nerfs. PvE is so trivial. You could ignore any defensive gear, traits and skills (and even the dodge mechanic in open world content) up to now, which is ridiculous.

What I don't like are these insane game mode splits. Core and reaper are almost different classes across different game modes after all these mechanical splits.

• Confused 3

On 3/4/2022 at 8:05 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

PvP folks were complaining that necro was too durable so they nerfed PvE. Logic?

They nerfed it because it was also known the fact raid and fractal boss mechanics were ignored due to the sustain a avaliable. 

Passive sustain needed lowering espically if they intend to put a trinity system into the game. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

They nerfed it because it was also known the fact raid and fractal boss mechanics were ignored due to the sustain a avaliable. 

Passive sustain needed lowering espically if they intend to put a trinity system into the game. 

Granted that players have been bypassing mechanics throught dps since release of the game and the devs continuously increased dps through the years, your argument don't really make sense. It's not passive sustain that need lowering, it's boons output.

The "trinity system" isn't gonna happen more than it already is happening with a "lowered" passive sustain. People will do like they've always done, they will optimize dps to bypass mechanics and, maybe, take a profession that offer some group survivability (they will most likely take the one which is the most cost effective: the one that do the job all while dealing the most damage possible so that the mechanics can be bypassed).

Did I point out that the game mechanic are bypassed through dps? I'm not sure If I've said it already.

Edit: Just to be sure that you're aware that Untamed have been granted with more self barrier gen than even scourge had at it's peak. That Ritualist stats is ideal for self sustain on top of a very decent dps... Things like that.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Granted that players have been bypassing mechanics throught dps since release of the game and the devs continuously increased dps through the years, your argument don't really make sense. It's not passive sustain that need lowering, it's boons output.

The "trinity system" isn't gonna happen more than it already is happening with a "lowered" passive sustain. People will do like they've always done, they will optimize dps to bypass mechanics and, maybe, take a profession that offer some group survivability (they will most likely take the one which is the most cost effective: the one that do the job all while dealing the most damage possible so that the mechanics can be bypassed).

Did I point out that the game mechanic are bypassed through dps? I'm not sure If I've said it already.

Edit: Just to be sure that you're aware that Untamed have been granted with more self barrier gen than even scourge had at it's peak. That Ritualist stats is ideal for self sustain on top of a very decent dps... Things like that.

Eeeh they only can be bypassed via DPS if the games coded to allow that in new strikes. 

If higher DPS accelerated how quickly mechanics went off it'd force the raid to ensure its capable of sustaining damage. 

Your taking HoT and PoF problems and applying it to EoD. That doesn't really work as there are other things that could remove this. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Eeeh they only can be bypassed via DPS if the games coded to allow that in new strikes. 

If higher DPS accelerated how quickly mechanics went off it'd force the raid to ensure its capable of sustaining damage. 

Your taking HoT and PoF problems and applying it to EoD. That doesn't really work as there are other things that could remove this. 

Look, we've all looked for bypassing mechanics since release of this game:

- Packing into a corner with the boss to "control" it so that you can damage it freely without doing the mechanics (you can find such thing in nearly all dungeon paths).

- Abusing dps to avoid some "phases" (Many boss in fractal, dungeons or raids).

- Abusing stealth to avoid adds (Caudecus Manor strats are the perfect example for such abuse).

- Positioning the team or the boss onto an area that allow "safe dps".

- Abusing reflect (Again, many bosses can still be abused this way)

- ... etc.

The "era" where people somehow make use of self-sustain/survivability to "bypass" mechanics is comparatively incredibly young (Not because it wasn't possible before but because it was deemed as an "inferior" way to do things).

Don't overestimate the devs and underestimate the players.  Afterall, dps have been the primary way to break mechanics for 10 years already.

Don't "you're taking HoT and PoF problem and applying them to EoD", fact is that HoT and PoF "problem" will stay through EoD and the new content that EoD will bring won't be enough to be called a "big part" of GW2 even if in this content this problem is "fixed" (which is highly unlikely).

People that think that it's "unfair" to be able to "bypass" mechanics throught sustain are usually peoples that think highly of their high damage numbers that show on their damage tracer sub program (Arcdps).

19 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

People that think that it's "unfair" to be able to "bypass" mechanics throught sustain are usually peoples that think highly of their high damage numbers that show on their damage tracer sub program (Arcdps).

Eh nah, I don't rly care about either. The difference is 

If DPS in turn accelerated mechanics it would by nature increase the fights difficulty. And also is a change they could spread to all existing fights with the single coding at the same time 

Ofcourse the counter to "sustain abuse" would be to enforce the target to be killed so fast only the highest DPS options would work then put a -15% damage modifier on all the sustain traits. 

But that doesn't sound profitable to the game really does it, while the first would actually likely improve gameplay for people wanting added difficulty. 

People tend to have a profitable fix for high DPS bypassing mechanics, while the fix for high sustain bypassing mechanics is to accelerate the game to 1 shot unblockables or making the fights finish requirements extremely short. Which players tend to like alittle less. 

Edited by Daddy.8125