trapp guard is trash and i'm sick of fighting against it.

Artyport.2084

no its not hard technically to get around it.. its just really trashy design and its not fun to play against

i quit pvp today because i'm just over that one thing.

someone lays down all their traps and pulls you with an ublockable skill.  you have to get stability just to get out of the thing or stay still or blink.

doging doesnt work.. blocking doesnt work.. 

i'm over it!

also why the Heck are guardians dissapearing.

like it make  NOOOO sense. 

A heavy armor healing class that has blocks and invuls also go invisible..

make it make sense.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

no its not hard technically to get around it.. its just really trashy design and its not fun to play against

i quit pvp today because i'm just over that one thing.

someone lays down all their traps and pulls you with an ublockable skill.  you have to get stability just to get out of the thing or stay still or blink.

doging doesnt work.. blocking doesnt work.. 

i'm over it!

also why the Heck are guardians dissapearing.

like it make  NOOOO sense. 

A heavy armor healing class that has blocks and invuls also go invisible..

make it make sense.

If it runs Dragon's Maw trap, it doesn't have invulns.

You can stand still and block all the damage from every single trap.

A heavy armor class that also has 11k health, a sneeze will kill them. 

They have almost no condi cleanse. 

If you ate the entire combo, they burn 75% of their utility bar and their f1, you can counter all of it with a single ability. 

Stop complaining about trash builds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Math.5123 said:

If you ate the entire combo, they burn 75% of their utility bar and their f1, you can counter all of it with a single ability. 

How do u stand still and block all the dmg? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Ah,  you must have forgotten about the unblockables?  Or do u genuinely not know guard?

None of the traps are unblockable apart from test of faith. Test of faith does no damage if you stand still. So once you get pulled, you can block all damage. 

Edited by Math.5123
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Test of faith is unblockable and does cc.  F1 is unbloalckable cc.  Longbow 3 is unblockable cc.

It's funny that you ask if I know anything about guardian when you clearly don't. I stated that once you've been pulled by f1, you can block all the damage from the traps. 

Funny you bring up lb3, if the enemy guard hits you with deflecting shot, you will get pushed through the ward effect on Dragon's Maw and thus solving all issues you had in the first place. 

Test of faith does cripple when you cross the edge, it's also unblockable which is why I explicitly stated that if you stand still, you'll take no damage. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

It's funny that you ask if I know anything about guardian when you clearly don't. I stated that once you've been pulled by f1, you can block all the damage from the traps. 

Funny you bring up lb3, if the enemy guard hits you with deflecting shot, you will get pushed through the ward effect on Dragon's Maw and thus solving all issues you had in the first place. 

Test of faith does cripple when you cross the edge, it's also unblockable which is why I explicitly stated that if you stand still, you'll take no damage. 

Ah sry,  i meant dragons maw does cc on application. And use longbow 3 through test offaith cuz u tl ge hit by 7k or more. And u dont need to neccesarry be pulled by f1.  If u step into the traps,  and then f1 us used, it can be used to cc. U through test of faith. 

Edited by lightDestroyer.1265
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Ah sry,  i meant dragons maw does cc on application. And use longbow 3 through test offaith cuz u tl ge hit by 7k or more. And u dont need to neccesarry be pulled by f1.  If u step into the traps,  and then f1 us used, it can be used to cc. U through test of faith. 

If you step into traps, you have .75 seconds to dodge out before Dragon's Maw ward spawns.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Yeah...  If ur argument is saying its just trash, don't comment. 

I've made plenty of arguments, wether you agree with them or not isn't up to me. 

Dh has a place in the ranked meta, but it's not with the Dragon's Maw build. It's with renewed focus. The build you're complaining about is literally utter trash against any semi decent player. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

I've made plenty of arguments, wether you agree with them or not isn't up to me. 

Dh has a place in the ranked meta, but it's not with the Dragon's Maw build. It's with renewed focus. The build you're complaining about is literally utter trash against any semi decent player. 

Ofcourse, i am not talking about with dragon's maw only. I am talking avout longbow trapper dh,  where you take thtraps except dragon's maw.  Dragon's maw is usrd for memes with gs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Ofcourse, i am not talking about with dragon's maw only. I am talking avout longbow trapper dh,  where you take thtraps except dragon's maw.  Dragon's maw is usrd for memes with gs.

Regardless. It's a meme build at best. Worse than sicem slb in every regard. 

It's really good at killing bad players. 

• Confused 2

Can't say I have fun fighting/dueling it in wvw, when the DH is on trapper runes at least. It can also run pretty well with the stealth, which is normally the one weakness guardian has (running away)... But honestly there are bigger problems to fix first (if the devs even get to balancing...).

After they nerfed stability all around trap dh became low risk high reward, no skill always reward playstyle.

Dodge should let you out the ring, maybe stun you when crossed it, but get out, same way as i have to waste a revenant staff5 to go out of it, i still get stunned afterwards, but at least I'm out the stupid ring, i think works for shiro evade as well. 

There are lot of kitten builds, good thing at least ft scrapper seems disappeared for now.

• Like 5

Whether or not there is counterplay is not the point.

I'm sure as a "amazing" pvp player it isnt a problem.

However it really ruins the casual pvp experience. I shouldn't have to always build builds just to deal with one stupid build. 

no other cc can you not just stunbreak out of. 

honestly traps on dragon hunter was a bad idea in the first place

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

If you can stand still and block vs a trapper DH in his traps, he's a very bad DH for not using an unblockable. 

Most DHs run Honor and Virtues, and traited f2 cleanses 5 condi, your heal cleanses condi with minor Smite Conditions, and you can run Contemplation of Purity along with your many light fields and access to light aura to negate condi. This isnt FT engi, DH has cleanse if they don't spec absolute highest damage possible. 

Remove Trapper and the problem goes away, as does DH. Then buff its sustain because Trapper carries it. 

Edit: DH runs Valor, not Honor. Got them confused for a moment. 

Edited by CutesySylveon.8290
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, grx.8714 said:

After they nerfed stability all around trap dh became low risk high reward, no skill always reward playstyle.

Dodge should let you out the ring, maybe stun you when crossed it, but get out, same way as i have to waste a revenant staff5 to go out of it, i still get stunned afterwards, but at least I'm out the stupid ring, i think works for shiro evade as well. 

There are lot of kitten builds, good thing at least ft scrapper seems disappeared for now.

No, dodging does not let you out of the ring if you get caught. Only stab and ports do. It's a barrier. 

• Like 4