To everyone mentioned in the final credits:

Thank you. 😍 I just played through the grand finale, and I have to admit I am teary-eyed.* The directing work and cinematography blew me away.

The whole expansion was technically and artistically the best GW2 has ever delivered. You have delivered a truly beautiful piece of art.

I can't wait for the next one - or whatever content you have planned for us! (Personally, I hope we will see the Cantha story extended as there surely is potential for a sequel on this rich continent. But with such excellent writing, you can send us anywhere! Just don't overdo the tech stuff, please; I've had my maximum dose with EoD. 😉)

Please keep up the good work, and again, thank you.

*) After waiting for the credits to end and talking to everyone, I just played through the epilogue. Awww, that was quite lovely...😁

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 2

The world and the story and the characters... In those regards, EoD is by far one of the BEST works ANet has ever made. Like, holy hell. ANet's writers and producers are off the chain here.

The gameplay department and the features department though... Sadly this expansion was pretty lacking I think. A lot of very long-standing problem points with GW2 such as the guild system were also not fixed.

All in all though, the story I'm seeing right now is so good, it has restored my faith in ANet regardless. I just dearly hope that they can keep this momentum up and start work on polishing the jade bots and begin to work on GW2's problem points. If they can, they are going to ride a wave of very well-deserved success. ❤️

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Arnox.5128 said:

The world and the story and the characters... In those regards, EoD is by far one of the BEST works ANet has ever made. Like, holy hell. ANet's writers and producers are off the chain here.

I have that one cutscene in Echovald burned in my memory, you know which one! You cannot forget this face! XD

• Thanks 1

Back on topic:

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Thank you. 😍 I just played through the grand finale, and I have to admit I am teary-eyed.* The directing work and cinematography blew me away.

The whole expansion was technically and artistically the best GW2 has ever delivered. You have delivered a truly beautiful piece of art.

This very much sums up my experience with this expansion (so far 😉 )! Thank you for a wonderful expansion. My poor guildies had to wait 45 minutes for me to join guild missions the other night because I was like "I'm almost done, this was the final fight, just need to talk to some guys ..." and then I lost myself in the final two instances, talking with npcs, reflecting on the story, and at the same time already thinking about which character to take through the story next.

This was probably the quickest first playthrough I've ever done, thanks to having the week off from work. I had intended to play through the first time with a friend, but we eventually split up because I couldn't wait to see how the story would continue 🤣. It was so worth it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I haven't gotten very far through the story yet (I'm still in Kaineng) but so far I've been really enjoying it and part of the reason I'm going so slowly is I keep getting side-tracked by the world. I even did the achievement to find all the notes and talk to everyone on the Kaineng docks, not because I wanted the achievement but just because the game told me there were 16 things to find so I wanted to see all of them.

I'm really looking forward to what comes later, it sounds very exciting.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

I have that one cutscene in Echovald burned in my memory, you know which one! You cannot forget this face! XD

I sadly haven't gotten that far yet! I've gotten to the part

Spoiler

where Annka just killed Mai and Soo-Won escaped. I particularly like how Annka went insane in the Mists and yet still feels so believable and even (at least for me) relatable and also how they made me feel sorry for Mai. Very very good writing... Though I will say that mass-murderers IRL cannot be redeemed and usually, for whatever reason, don't even want to be and should be exterminated ASAP. But whatever. It's a fantasy game. I can put that aside and enjoy it and enjoy Mai as a character.

Edited by Arnox.5128

1 minute ago, Arnox.5128 said:

I sadly haven't gotten that far yet! I've gotten to the part

Hide contents

where Annka just killed Mai and Soo-Won escaped. I particularly like how Annka went insane in the mists and yet still feels so believable and even (at least for me) relatable and also how they made me feel sorry for Mai. Very very good writing... Though I will say that mass-murderers IRL cannot be redeemed and usually, for whatever reason, don't even want to be. But whatever. It's a fantasy game. I can put that aside and enjoy it and enjoy Mai as a character.

Only fictions can pull that sort of moves, and I have to agree, that character definitively got the redemption arc in my book.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I can't wait for the next one - or whatever content you have planned for us! (Personally, I hope we will see the Cantha story extended as there surely is potential for a sequel on this rich continent. But with such excellent writing, you can send us anywhere! Just don't overdo the tech stuff, please; I've had my maximum dose with EoD. 😉)

*) After waiting for the credits to end and talking to everyone, I just played through the epilogue. Awww, that was quite lovely...😁

Totally agree! ❤️ you can see the passion and love Anet put into this expansion in every little detail. Gw2 at its best! 

I am really curious to see what's next? Now that the dragons story is concluded the lore is like a blank canvas! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Completely agree with your forum signature, and also with your main post. Definitely the best story they've created since GW1. 

• Like 2