Jade tech and the engineer

SoulGuardian.6203

Now that jade tech is available, the engineer turrets could be upgraded to bots.

Meaning, they would have legs to move around with player, and could also transform into other things.

For instance, the Thumper turret could transform into a floating shield that moves in front of player and takes damage instead of player, and reflects projectiles. 

The healing turret transforms into a hovering drone.

All the others transform into bots versions of turrets.

Cantha is the future, and so should most skills upgrade into better tech versions of themselves.

• Like 1

As much as thematically I like turrets being stationary...

Necrominions are apparently allowed to be decent in at least some content, while turrets have been dead since 2015. If giving them golem bodies and having them follow the engineer is what it takes for ArenaNet to be willing to bring them up to around necrominion level, then just do it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lynx.9058 said:

I don't think they should be mobile, that's not c what turrets are. However they do need substantial buffs to damage and resilience.

Ideally, yes, but we've been asking for that for years, and ArenaNet is apparently too scared of stationary turrets for that. Maybe if they were made into engineer equivalents of necrominions they'd get balanced like them too.

• Like 1

I never use turrets because they just suck... but i would at least love to have the turrets take on the skin of jade turrets while playing as mechanist... at least that way it would look nice... instead of the UGLY and useless turrets we have... at least they could be nice looking useless turrets... the models for jade turrets already exist... so...

Edited by Adrianna.3092
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrianna.3092 said:

I never use turrets because they just suck... but i would at least love to have the turrets take on the skin of jade turrets while playing as mechanist... at least that way it would look nice... instead of the UGLY and useless turrets we have... at least they could be nice looking useless turrets... the models for jade turrets already exist... so...

The models are one thing, but what actually drives me nuts are the sounds they make. 

Edited by Diovid.9506
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Diovid.9506 said:

The models are one thing, but what actually drives me nuts are the sounds they make. 

Perhaps not as bad as the new virtuoso draining toilet sfx when it uses utility skills, but still very outdated nevertheless. 

In fact, I think that a lot of skills from all classes across the board could do with an update.