Upcoming Changes to "The Battle For The Jade Sea"

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

You keep using that word, but i do not think you know what it means. Rng has nothing to do with it. If you want a completion join a guild dedicated to it like people did when TT and Teq first came out.

Nah, most people actually did it by waiting till Teq event got nerfed enough to make it doable by a more randomly filled map.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CasualElitist.8795 said:

They can kick you from squad but you can still remain on the same map, so it shouldn't make any difference to you, no?

These teams are usually made outside of the map.  Especially because you have to try to force the creation of a new instance in order to fit all the players in it. 
Trust me. It take absolutely forever to fit all the players. Both times i went with a full squad in the final platform. the Game told us that there were 52 players in it. Just barely enough to fit the 50 players and 2 extra ones that were there by accident. 

• Like 2

Greetings,

I haven't posted in a while, but this particular thread has piqued my interest.

First, allow me to say thank you to the team at ArenaNet for the hard work and endless dedication that was put into the creating of not just EoD, but all of GW2.  End of Dragons is, imho, a masterpiece in practically every way, and I applaud your efforts.

That said, Allow me to get into this subject. of the Battle For the Jade Sea.  First, Thank you for the updates to  the event. While for someone like me, who simply enjoys a good fight and a better story,  this would only make the good fight better. 

I think, however, that there is a vast misunderstanding that a lot of players have regarding this particular event, and are upset for 1 of 2 reasons:

First: They are upset that the turtle mount collection begins only after successful completion of the meta event, which can possibly be seen as gatekeeping.  The reward for a successful kill, in their opinion, should not be a promised and promoted feature of the game, but instead that feature be acquired by other means. Personally, I feel that the end justifies the means. Honestly, that siege turtle is flat-out cool. It's a two-seater mount that can be used in open world combat. We are literally being given the ability to drive a pseudo tank around Tyria. That reward, should not come from an easy acquisition.

However, I can see the point of those that feel it's being kept behind some invisible wall. an average casual player values their time wisely, as there isn't very much of it in the first place (for many various reasons).  Case Studies be damned,  they simply do not have the time that is allotted for the pre-events and the meta to happen, then hope for a successful kill, and finally be rewarded the McGuffin they were there for in the first place(or they can't be bothered).

Suggestion: Provide an equally challenging alternative for acquisition.  this could be a gold sink (similar to the griffon), a worldwide collection (similar to the roller beetle or skyscale), or a series of smaller, yet challenging events across the planet of Tyria(such as strike missions)

Second:  People are upset, generally speaking, that simply bringing the character they played through the whole of the story now must also have the build that is "meta" for the event.  Now personally, I am not very keen on playing what everyone else expects me to play. I personally choose to play the way that fits my character more than what is numerically optimal. 

I can see, however, how running a optimal build would assist in a more successful ending to the meta event.  If a well-organized group of players running optimized builds can win, then one would assume that this would be the avenue to go should one want to actually beat the meta event. Still, there will be people that insist that they cannot find such organized groups (yes they fill up fast) and therefore have to "pug". Also, there will be players that will state "But I really just wanna play what I have and succeed with what I have". 

To these individuals, which I can honestly say are the majority, adaptation may be the challenge, and not the fight itself.  Nerfing the fight will not be a viable solution for them. They need to grow, adapt, and learn from experience.  This can't be handheld or taught; it has to be experienced over time.  

There's no suggestion for this part.  the entire game has prepped us for fighting "every elder dragon plus 1" We adapt or we do not survive. 

Again, Thank you for producing an epic game and epic story.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The duration of the "Exposed" debuff from break bars in this encounter has been increased from 10 seconds to 30 seconds. This further incentivizes engaging with the break bar and should increase group damage output when completing the mechanic correctly. This change applies to both the Final Boss and all mini-bosses in the final encounter.

What good is this when tail and break bar are on RNG? Last attempt we had one break bar and five-six tail. We failed at 5%. And this was a full 50-man squad where everyone was an experienced raider and we were sorted in units wheere all of them had Quickness, Alac, and Might.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We're monitoring completion rates very closely and are currently happy to see that successful clears are becoming more common as strategies evolve and players learn and master the encounter.

Be aware of which strategies that these completions have been using. Most of the completions I’m aware of only did so by doing things which your team have since patched out. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Finally managed to complete the meta tonight with an awesome organized group. Nevertheless, I won't be engaging with this meta unless I absolutely have to, in the future. Getting a group together, getting all of the group on the same map, then around 2 hours for pre events and the meta itself is just too much time for me. Maybe there will be further adjustments in the future, no I am not talking about nerfing it to the ground, but for the forseeable future I had my fill of your "epic conclusion". I still believe Open World Meta's should be easily pugable without the need to heavily organize groups. I get what you are trying to achieve and there are people who like this harder approach, I am not one of them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

What about the complete RNG where the boss can just put up her tail every 2 seconds or dash across the arena non-stop and you can't hit her?  Or just not put up her break bar at all?

I've had fights where the tail hardly pops up and others where literally we will kill the tail and as soon as we are about to start DPS-ing again... she's got her tail back.  We are talking < 30 seconds.

I've also had fights where she constantly dashes back and forth, over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.  Literally 30 seconds to 1 minute goes by and nobody can even hit her.

Likewise I've had fights where we hardly even get a chance to hit the break bar because it never shows up.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm super perplexed why ANET decided to veer away from the working formula. I certainly appreciate difficult content and challenging puzzles, but public METAs just aren't the venue for it.

For difficult challenges to be enjoyed:

1. Groups need to control their composition

2. Groups need the opportunity to fail/recover/repeat quickly

Large group content is a terrible place for trying to control composition (serious legacy WoW-40 vibes).

Public METAs are a terrible place for fail/recover/repeat due to the time investment.

You can deliver a crescendo moment through story telling without need for difficulty gates.

Edited by Lance Coolee.9480
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CasualElitist.8795 said:

They can kick you from squad but you can still remain on the same map, so it shouldn't make any difference to you, no?

If they don't want to let you in there are definitely ways to stop you.  Commanders can form the squad outside of that particular map then join the map when the squad is formed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the problems that I am seeing is actually an easy fix. The hit box on the tail is very hard to line up with. There were many times where I was only able to get dps from my torment skill on my Revenant. This is a big reason the DPS is so low. Personally I am going to switch to renegade on this fight but I shouldn't have to. Also I have a decent computer and can run the rest of the game on full graphics at 100 fps. I dropped graphics all the way down including character models and STILL lagged horribly.

2 minutes ago, Ken Yuudachi.9807 said:

You absolutely made the worst meta so far. I feel sad that good employees left ArenaNet.

The whole meta is full of bugs and pointless design. The timing, the waterspout, the wisp and the final reward. Please treat your work more seriously next time.

As you can see in the comments, most of us had bad experiences in the new meta. Again, it's not about challenging, but trying hard to play with top players.

Some people may feel that I am way too toxic, but please remember I did pay for the game and the game is far from fun. I have the right to complain. Continued praise can't avoid the next mistake.

Seeing the staff's indifferent reasons made me even more angry.

I really think you're belittling their work based on 1 meta which I've failed 16 times now, and using the fact employees have left a business to move to another as a reason for it. Moving company happens everywhere, even my own, and it's more common in this generation not to stay in a job for years and years. 

Perhaps the reason you are deemed toxic is you see all the negative, and no positive. You complain without offering constructive feedback and make it an attack instead. I also think this meta isn't the worst ever, it's definitly the most difficult. Gorgeous beyond belief, and mechanics are simple once you know what to do. Unfortunately it's unforgiving, and if I can be fair after 16 failed attempts, I think you can be fair and offer constructive and helpful feedback other than.. "Wost meta ever."

Lets get one thing, this doesn't mean I didn't think it needed tweaking but I will give credit where it's due. Your comment is horrible and spits on the hard work they've done to make a fantastic expansion based on 1 meta.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Ken Yuudachi.9807 said:

If you check the comments earlier you will see my suggestions. But you didn't, I feel disappointed for that.

Also, I said the worst "meta", not the DLC.

Oh I did, they were not suggestions. They were complaints. Learn the difference.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, Ken Yuudachi.9807 said:

If you think asking not to bind significant reward with meta and pointing out the problem of cc bar are complaints, what else can I say?

I've said the same on my post earlier where I feel it's lacking but there are means and ways of saying it. You can voice your concerns in a constructive and fair way. Without being rude, or attacking a team that have done a great job as a whole. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

2 hours ago, interNerd.4908 said:

These changes are very welcome.

But I don't get how decisions are made within ArenaNet. The addon clearly targets new (unexperienced) players, because even though you can enter the addon only at level 80, you have to play a tutorial. So. Target group: New unexperienced players (aka. liquidity in business terms).

To be fair theirs a lot of experienced players who don't grasp Dodging or break bars to the point that it is a meme

• Like 3

I see you didn't address the issues regarding RNG attacks. The bite attack that makes boss untargetable and rotate the platform should not be able to be spammed 5x in a row. That's valuable time that you can't even attack the boss!! 2x in a row at most...

Edited by BoAKaN.6052
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We need a training ground to get players stay moving all the time to get out of red circles, the biggest issue is players have gone soft and weak, they're too used to being pampered by boons and constantly felt "Oh the aegis will take the hit" and "Eh, I have 15k+ hp, it won't tickle". 

After being love booped by Soo-Won's snoot, they just keep stay idle to get hit rather than moving out of red circle. I propose no down state during the meta, so players are forced to learn move out of the harm's way or die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

Please remove the RNG factor that is created by her moving from one side to the other, we would have gotten her this time, but 3% and with 5 seconds on the clock she decided to move. Make it so that the moves every 30 seconds or so on timer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaKine.2694 said:

The success rate is increasing because players are forming organized squads and gatekeeping non-meta builds. After around 8 or 9 attempts, I finally joined one of these squads and saw countless people get kicked because they weren’t quickness or alac builds. They even kicked everyone that was playing a new elite spec. Even with hours of prep work and squad organization, we only beat it with 30 seconds left. Now, the successful squads that I’ve seen are either squads that only take the role they need, or squads that require a decent kp to join.

If your goal was to gatekeep most of your average player base from completing this meta and getting the turtle mount, mission accomplished.

Yep, That's actually very similar to the way I just did it. There was an LFG requiring 50 LI. We just went in with full raid builds as 50 man raid squad. My other attempts were unsuccessful and I'm not doing this with randoms anytime soon. Map instance hogging killproof required group or nope.

Changes sound nice tho. Might give it that little bit of push. I'd hate if it was an easy meta where you could just tag along.

Edited by Eckee.4038
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Arenanet definitely needs to redesign this encounter. Just failed this again with a 50p squad with proper subgroups and boon distribution. If this encounter can only be done by highly skilled endgame PvE players, then what's the point. And even worse, you spend two hours on the meta and get NOTHING as a reward if it fails.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3