The problem with the Dragon's End meta (and how to fix it!)

As most of us are aware by now, the Dragon's End meta event feels much more difficult than necessary.  While I do agree with many people's opinion that a challenging meta that is not a guaranteed success is great, there is one fatal flaw with this one: the green circle phase.  This phase can easily be completed in 30 seconds if, and only if, a small number of players who can quickly execute the mechanic (intentionally being vague here to avoid too many spoilers) standing on the green circles, and no one else does.  The problem is that it only takes 1 person; be it a player who simply is not informed, lacks the skill to quickly execute the mechanic, or is intentionally trolling; to make the final fight an almost guaranteed failure.  Fortunately, there is a (on paper) easy solution.  Make the phase end when HALF the people who stand on green circles completes the mechanic.  This would make a relatively small number of good players able to compensate for a few with lacking knowledge or skill, and eliminate the possibility of a single troll ruining 40+ other people's experience.  As this event takes 2 hours per attempt (1 hour downtime preparation +  40 minutes pre-boss meta + 20 minutes boss fight), allowing just a single person the opportunity to ruin the entire map's time is just poor design.

TLDR; Make it so only half the green circle people need to complete it to prevent trolls.

Edited by White Dragon.5429

The issue isn’t just one thing. Even removing the green circle phases entirely wouldn’t resolve the core issues. 

A lot of people are so focused on the first thing that immediately stands out that they miss everything else. 

Edited by mythical.6315

You're right that this isn't the only thing that could be fixed, but it is easily one of the most annoying.  Having an extra 3 minutes would have made all the difference in a couple of the run's I've done, which is exactly what my proposed solution would have given.  It's not perfect, but it's at least an easily recognizable start.

• Like 1