EoD is the Best Expansion and Content For GW 2 EVER! - A Review

Taimi is a blight on GW2 and you lost me as soon as you praised the elite specs. That said, I'm glad Taimi was mostly relegated to background for this - I prefer Gorrik much better.

The entry was a solid 6.5/10. Storyline was fun and engaging, there were a few issues I had with dialogue. I enjoyed the final fight and it felt epic. The new things to do (skiffs, fishing, elites, etc) are not really appealing to me so they are negligible. 

On 3/5/2022 at 1:33 AM, Ben K.6238 said:

The only thing that's letting it down is the lack of other players in the maps. Lots of group events that just cannot be completed because no-one else is there, which is a bit bizarre to see in the first week after launch.

I suspect it is because EoD maps have a lower player limit per map instance, so you see less players in each map - but there are plenty of players playing on it, just on different instances. That's why the maps become full so quickly in the LFG while it seems only maybe 50-60 players are on it at once. 50 players across such a big map looks like it is mostly empty, but in fact not. 

On 3/8/2022 at 7:09 AM, Flori.2194 said:

That's bold and a lot of people beg to differ, some of the e-specs are clearly still in beta. But yeah, anything not gameplay-related is phenomenal: story, music, characters. Other than that? 

And while we're at it: Where are my new runes?

And why is Direct x 11 still in beta?

2 minutes ago, ShogenSix.3278 said:

While im glad your happy with stroking a net in that way a thai service worker can only do for a truck driver I consider this expansion an epic fail, the maps are super lifeless, the city feels empty 100% of the time, the story is well got horrid pacing issues and weird time jumps and characters are just written in like deus ex machina 

then dont even get me started on how broken the meta's have been with graphical bugs to just outright being broken or unfair 

this expansion got nothing right hell even the mastery points are just go up to this interact with it for like 80% of them their is no adventures, no creative things like shooting galleries or time trials or races  its just this cop out expansion with all visuals and no interesting content all the masteries are this underwhelming rubbish aswell

If everything is so "bad", then just dont play it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShogenSix.3278 said:

why yes I did just stop playing cause after 10 years of loving this game this expansion and the toxic donkey kitten that is this meta and the being forced to play with the Git gud elitest sweaty Sh!theads in this community that until now mostly were found in spvp sullied the whole experience for a game i loved and spent thousands of dollars and hours playing 

so yeah im not happily playing a game with big golden birds that go kweh kweh and summon meteors >.> you can enjoy your shi!ful community

I love the hate you guys seems to have. First, people that are casuals could perfectly wait till march 15 to buy the Egg from the vendor, 2) if you cant wait and "supposely" did the event lots of times, then you are no casual, your just a bad hardcore player.

Edited by Izzy.2951

4 minutes ago, ShogenSix.3278 said:

unlike some i dont want the egg I want the true story ending and to be able to experience the story unimpacted by a fking meta thats my issue this meta is the chronological way to experience the final chapter and after 22 attempts and dealing with a sub community of this game I loath more then crying h00ker it just made me quit.... this meta is purely rng on the players you play with and mechanics the boss throws at you i counter 11 mins in 10 of those meta's where the boss had immunity frames where it didnt take any dps and atleast 15 of those groups had full blown raid strats going for them

the meta its self is flawed and being force into a group event with assholes is really upsetting Id rather enjoy my games not see arguements toxicity spread through them

I get enough of that in the IT and compliance field

Well theres nothing really "important" of the story your missing, all is basically told in the story. Theres a bit of dialogue and a place that you can also go without the meta. You can watch a video for that i guess xD if you dont care about the turtle.

22 attempts? 22 trys with organized groups? cant belive it seriously i can belive you have failed idk...1-5 times with organized groups not 22 unless your all new to the game, which in that case its not an organized group...

Edited by Izzy.2951