i just want my turtle

and not be forced to do a highly failable meta for a major expansion feature thats locked behind a meta that requires a full map of experienced players. its not fun or exciting to fail the meta every single time due to other people in which i have no control over what so ever.

remove the mount from the meta. i dont care just let me get my turtle with out having to do another god dam dragons end meta. i already hate it.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

My guess is that they'll change it up.  Again - a guess, but I think the vast majority of people are going to get their turtle and then never participate in this meta again.  Its a blur of particle effects.   Roaming in wvw is my challenge, having to rely on the skill or effort of others isn't what I want to spend time on. So, I'll be one of those who won't be coming back. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

They did address this: Upcoming Changes to "The Battle For The Jade Sea" - Guild Wars 2 Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Forums  The first post has the plan, with a clear timescale.  Worth a read.

Was still a uniquely terrible idea though. Locking the turtle created tons of frustration that must have been anticipated and forces them to fix it very quickly into an achievable state. Which has not been done before. They always needed a month or so to settle in. 

So they either mess up the experience of the most excited players very badly or risk messing up the event. Probably long term. Neither is good. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

"I just want the thing but don't want to do the thing to get the thing."

You mean purchasing the expansion, expecting I could unlock the main advertised feature within 30 hours of playing like a regular person?

Not gonna lie, I kinda did expect that to be sufficient "thing" to unlock it. Considering ANet explicitly advertised it as shorter than Griffon / Skyscale.  Which were both long but you didn't really get stuck for more than an hour of playtime. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

He does want to do the thing, but he is saying that he is forced to do it with others who mess the thing up, which isnt good.

Yeah that's what the guy said.  He doesn't want to do the thing, which is doing the thing with others who mess the thing up.  That's the one!  I'm just boggled as to why all you people need this (not actually a turtle) right now anyway.  What are you planning to do with it when you get it?  Not do "The Thing" with it?!

Edited by Borked.6824
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

My guess is that they'll change it up.  Again - a guess, but I think the vast majority of people are going to get their turtle and then never participate in this meta again.  Its a blur of particle effects.   Roaming in wvw is my challenge, having to rely on the skill or effort of others isn't what I want to spend time on. So, I'll be one of those who won't be coming back. 

Yeah that leaves late comers to the expansion SoL.  People will have a fit, never lock a feature behind raid level content in a game that is promoted as casual. 

• Thanks 4

You should all be aware that the siege turtle also requires you to do a strike mission to get one of the saddle components.

Arenanet, please give us alternatives to raid content when it comes to open world content. Literally i suffered enough getting the turtle egg, i dont need to suffer more to get the saddle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

You should all be aware that the siege turtle also requires you to do a strike mission to get one of the saddle components.

Arenanet, please give us alternatives to raid content when it comes to open world content. Literally i suffered enough getting the turtle egg, i dont need to suffer more to get the saddle.

Strike Missions that also have all the groups with a set Comp that I just can shake my head upon... always the unflavorful BLOODY META builds... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

Strike Missions that also have all the groups with a set Comp that I just can shake my head upon... always the unflavorful BLOODY META builds... 

i'm utterly baffled that the siege turtle was hidden behind two raid level requirements for an OPEN WORLD MOUNT.

you can't even use the friggin siege turtle in strike missions, why the cat do we have to do a strike mission then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While understanding the current point of view having failed the meta four times first as well, I would like to add:

The fifth run was me strolling into a single com while just getting some jade, not even being in the squad - and the boss went down with about 5 minutes to spare. You simply can't brain-afk the fight, but that's it.

And the strike for the "saddle" was a somewhat organized lfg-pug oneshot, there's even video guides for those things.

So you definitely could and can get your mount without high-end-super-hardcore-meta raidgroups.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Solstice.5790 said:

While understanding the current point of view having failed the meta four times first as well, I would like to add:

The fifth run was me strolling into a single com while just getting some jade, not even being in the squad - and the boss went down with about 5 minutes to spare. You simply can't brain-afk the fight, but that's it.

And the strike for the "saddle" was a somewhat organized lfg-pug oneshot, there's even video guides for those things.

So you definitely could and can get your mount without high-end-super-hardcore-meta raidgroups.

this doesn't really address the issue. the problem is that the turtle is stuck behind raid like content. that's the entire problem, start to finish. the turtle (which was heavily marketed and even beta tested by the public) was placed behind raid like requirements when it's open world content.

I got the turtle egg, i got the item from the strike mission. I'm advocating for all the other players who are giving up on acquiring the turtle because they weren't as lucky as i was. because i know i was friggin lucky, i'm not a high end raider, i'm a casual player. these requirements are simply too high for the average player.

if the turtle egg and the turtle saddle were acquirable through other easy open world means, no one would be complaining this much about it.

fact is, it was a bad idea to lock the turtle behind two raid like requirements.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2