Ruining your expac

Oh look another end of the world the sky is falling everyone is going to leave because of this meta post.  People complained about Tequatl, people complained about Tangled Depths, people complained about Orr and yet, somehow, amazingly, the game is still here.

It'll either get done or get nerfed and people will have to have some patience. That's it.  No one talks today about how hard Tequatl was at launch, or how impossible the TD meta was at launch and soon no one will be talking about this.

These do this or else posts are not what is going to make the game change. Data will. Anet has that data. We don't.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 48
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, moonboi.1764 said:

It’s not just an event. It’s a major selling point, the turtle. You push your game for new players and say, come get your turtle and then slap the average player with….sorry, no turtle for you. Got ya. That’s the problem. 

If it's not being done, it will get fixed.  This has been proven again and again. What meta event doesn't get regularly done?  Serpents Ire, but it's not that hard and they nerfed that anyway. It's not done because the reward sucks.

This expansion is what? Going on it's fifth day?  And Teq wasn't beaten even once until the 4th day.  People just have no patience and no  faith. If every other meta event can be done, this one will be done too. Changes were made to it even today. Give the community a chance to figure it out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 2

Oh its easily the worst meta the game has to offer taking the longest time, and being the least rewarding, that will die off entirely once people have their turtles. The only reason anyone is doing this meta at all right now is to unlock it. So in a month or maybe even a week, if its not been nerfed a LOT the zone will be dead and look like the rest of EoD zones. 

What a failed expac, ayyy. Devs too stubborn to listen to Feedback. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, moonboi.1764 said:

It’s not just an event. It’s a major selling point, the turtle. You push your game for new players and say, come get your turtle and then slap the average player with….sorry, no turtle for you. Got ya. That’s the problem. 

This is the problem, wth were they thinking tying the mount to a raid level event in a game where the majority have never been in a raid? I raid and I think it was a mistake to do this, you cant force people they will get mad and leave. Besides they told people the turtle would not be hard to get.  This is the thing that will sour this xpack, shame too. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It'll either get done or get nerfed and people will have to have some patience. That's it.  No one talks today about how hard Tequatl was at launch, or how impossible the TD meta was at launch and soon no one will be talking about this.

You kinda make the OP's point. The devs have pervious experience with crafting this sort of content and have seen the results which led to multiple adjustments and nerfs. Why make the same "mistake" again with EoD? It would be one thing if it were an optional world boss like Leviathan. It's another for it be not just the endcap of the story, but the only route to getting the expansions featured mount.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Jaquelidor.2618 said:

You kinda make the OP's point. The devs have pervious experience with crafting this sort of content and have seen the results which led to multiple adjustments and nerfs. Why make the same "mistake" again with EoD? It would be one thing if it were an optional world boss like Leviathan. It's another for it be not just the endcap of the story, but the only route to getting the expansions featured mount.

Because people here in the forum were always all out to defend everything, no matter how annoying.
This is the first time in years that I've seen so much negativity in this forum directed at Anet and not at people who criticize.
And why should anet care when everything they do is so vehemently defended?

However, it must also be said that this forum represents only a small minority. Most GW2 players probably don't even know that a forum exists and just play what they enjoy and skip the rest.

At least that's how I play. If something is not fun for me, I leave it. It didn't take me forever to unlock the Skyscale for nothing and from what I've read and heard, I don't understand this fixation on the Turtle anyway. If that's the only reason you bought the Xpac, you can always get a refund, otherwise there are a thousand other things to do.

Is your fun regarding the Turtle gone because anet once again thought of something that in the end once again doesn't work?
Probably.
Will they fix that in the future, or nerv? I bet on it.
Is the COMPLETE expansion ruined because of this?  I doubt strongly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jaquelidor.2618 said:

I guess the question is, was it a mistake.  The real problem here is that they locked the turtle behind it.  I wasn't bummed or annoyed that TD was that hard.  Even Dragon Stand was considered hard when we first did it. It failed a lot too (though not as much as the current meta).  But it's the turtle that makes it bad.

Putting some hard content in for the hard core guys to bang their head against and the nerfing some so others can get it might not even be a mistake. It might be a way to catering to two audiences.  I don't know about you but I've done TD and I've done Teq and I've done Dragon Stand, but I didn't in the first few weeks.  This expansion isn't a week old.

Do you know what this OMG this is so hard is doing for the hard core community? It's advertising the game. People read posts asking for nerfs and ANet refuses to nerf it and people come and play that content that might not have been even planning to buy the expansion. Then they nerf it, but a few guilds, big guilds, get it on farm first and you have some players who had a great time. Everyone gets that content, but the hard core guys get it while it's hard.

I don't like it doesn't mean it's a mistake. My guess is they wanted it to be hard and they know MMOs are evolving content, and it's not the story boss, it's a meta.  They'll fix it after the hardcore crowed enjoys it for a couple of weeks. That's my guess.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

10 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Did you by chance miss this thread: 

Oh I didn't miss that thread, I read it and realised they really hate listening to feedback, changed nothing people were asking for, did what they wanted to do and in game you realise that the changes almost mean nothing, a long time exposed means nothing if you can't even damage the boss. That post just showed how disconnected they are with the fan base. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Oh I didn't miss that thread, I read it and realised they really hate listening to feedback, changed nothing people were asking for, did what they wanted to do and in game you realise that the changes almost mean nothing, a long time exposed means nothing if you can't even damage the boss. That post just showed how disconnected they are with the fan base. 

Just because you've complained about something, doesn't mean it immediately needs to be changed. They'll look at the data and implement changes as needed, not sure why some people are so stressed out about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Locking the turtle behind this meta is quite possibly the worst design decision Arenanet has ever made.  I've wasted roughly twelve hours this week on this meta with nothing to show for it except a few champ bags.  I'm not going to waste anymore time.  I've other games I can play while I wait for Anet to actually fix this.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Did you by chance miss this thread: 

Those changes have already been implemented and they did not address the main issue: the behavior of the boss appears to be completely random and it is not giving players any time to damage it.

I have stood on that platform looking at the boss go repeatedly from side to side 10 consecutive times, giving no time for anyone to do a lick of damage to it. I have seen it fly away after it has been CCed successfuly and got the Exposed effect, wasting almost the entirety of its duration. I have seen people completing the tail damage in under 1 minute only for it to go back to the tail after 2 seconds of the hand being available to damage, 4 consecutive times.

That should simply not be happening.  It should be a boss encounter, not a waste of everyone's time running around from side to side of the platform. 

None of those lines address any of that.

Edited by MithranArkanere.8957
  • Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Jaquelidor.2618 said:

Nope I don't miss the point. This is hard core advertising for them.  Then they nerf it and everyone else gets it. If you don't think talking about a really hard meta isn't getting hard core people in there trying it repeatedly I don't know what to say.

A mistake is when you do something unintentionally, or when it doesn't do what you want it to do. I suspect this is doing what Anet wants it to do.  And it will get changed/nerfed. But not before it gets a bunch of hard core players back into the game to try the harder stuff, like the new strikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 10

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, what those three metas also have in common? Yeah, all 3 got nerfed.

I fully expect it to get nerfed.  I'm just patient. The TD meta being hard didn't ruin Heart of Thorns.  It was something hard core players could do and then everyone could do it.

The problem isn't that the content is hard right now, it's that they locked the mount behind it. Wait until those same people learn they'll need to do a strike mission too.  

Anet is trying to "encourage" people to do harder content and this is a bad way to do it. There'll be a big casual outcry, but it'll get fixed, because that's eventually what happens.

It's not really fair for Anet to put something in a game that's listed as a feature, and then placing it behind a skill wall that most casuals can't attain, but I just don't believe it's a permanent situation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

I don't mind doing Savage raids and extreme trials in FFXIV. There difference between this and those experiences is that when we wipe you don't have to wait an hour to try again. While there would still be balance issues I imagine it'd be a lot easier if there was a lobby for just the boss as opposed to the whole map meta. It's far too much time with an encounter that requires far too much organization. It's asking too much having both

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Because people here in the forum were always all out to defend everything, no matter how annoying.
This is the first time in years that I've seen so much negativity in this forum directed at Anet and not at people who criticize.
And why should anet care when everything they do is so vehemently defended?

However, it must also be said that this forum represents only a small minority. Most GW2 players probably don't even know that a forum exists and just play what they enjoy and skip the rest.

At least that's how I play. If something is not fun for me, I leave it. It didn't take me forever to unlock the Skyscale for nothing and from what I've read and heard, I don't understand this fixation on the Turtle anyway. If that's the only reason you bought the Xpac, you can always get a refund, otherwise there are a thousand other things to do.

Is your fun regarding the Turtle gone because anet once again thought of something that in the end once again doesn't work?
Probably.
Will they fix that in the future, or nerv? I bet on it.
Is the COMPLETE expansion ruined because of this?  I doubt strongly

First of all, my comments aren't defending Anet.  I'm simply saying it'll be fixed at some point the way that always happens. I'm also saying I'm not sure it wasn't done on purpose, thus it wasn't a mistake.

I don't believe the situation as it stands is tenable. I don't believe they can leave it like this, and I don't believe they will. I believe it will get fixed.  That's not precisely defending Anet.

More to the point, I don't think that Anet doesn't care because I or anyone else defends them. Anet isn't looking what what I post on the forums, they're looking at stats of what people are playing in game.  Obviously Anet wants to get people into harder content, and they keep trying.  It's never really worked and it's probably not going to work for most people now but a few might go to the dark side.

I'm saying if people aren't beating the meta and they stop playing it, Anet will nerf the meta, or they will move the turtle egg requirement away from it, or offer another way to get the turtle eggs.  It will be fixed. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a fan of hard core content, or particularly hard content, nor am I a fan of important rewards being locked behind such content.

However, I'm also not a fan of the doom and gloom I often get from these forums or reddit.  OMG it's the end of the world I don't like something. There's a balance between constructive criticism and doomsaying.  Saying I don't like something is different than saying the game will fail because of it. If you want to take that as defending Anet that's fine.

Anet will change this because Anet has to change this.  Anet SHOULD change this.  I wonder what the people who finally get the egg are going to say when they find out they also have to do a strike mission to get the turtle.  Because that'll be the next hurdle.

Anet should encourage people to do different content. Anet should not lock a major advertised reward behind content they know the majority of the playerbase won't touch.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Patience is great, I'm willing to keep trying for now but I've tried it maybe 5 times so far and I've spent too much time running to and fro far too often, seen the boss shift from tail to head then straight back to tail before people even got back to the head numerous times, seen the boss fly of straight away after breaking the bar, all the stuff people are seeing here. With all the running about I certainly can't see myself ever bothering with melee on this fight.

There need to be some basic "guarantees" here, like if you break the bar the  she won't phase for the 30 seconds that she's exposed and she won't switch from head to tail more than once every few minutes, that kind of thing. Remove some of the RNG and it'd be a great fight.

I don't know what the rewards for completion are like, I just hope they're enough to keep people playing the meta so we get a new Dragon's Stand and not a new Serpents' Ire, so to speak.

• Thanks 1