Dragon's End Meta - Too Reliant on AI RNG?

Sorry guys, but I just needed to vent about this... Because darn if it wasn't a load of Dolyak Dung for my last meta run.

Phase 1 (100-80%) goes by well and we beat the first two bosses super fast, almost too fast. We got lucky with 2 break bar phases and no tails. We had 17 minutes remaining after finishing Greens and starting Phase 2 (80%-60%) and this is where the real kitten begins. During this phase, we only got one useable Break Bar and the tail spawned 4 times - one of which wasn't even 5 seconds from having defeated it before. Nothing says "whip-lash" quite like running to the tail back to the head, only to have to go right back to the tail again. We finished that phase with 10 minutes remaining. Third phase (60%-40%) was an absolute freaking nightmare. We didn't get a single break-bar phase and the tail spawned 7 times with no break in-between. We literally would kill it, go back to attack the head for 10 seconds, than Aurene would be screaming at us to attack the tail AGAIN. We finished the phase and Green mechanic with less than 3 minutes left. At that point we still had 20% to go, a split for 3 bosses, and the final 20% to go. Everyone on the map at 10 stacks of Dragon's End and had the Jade Bot buffs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the boss fight and the mechanics are chef's kiss... but should "We lost because of Bad AI RNG" really be okay to say?

(Edit) My biggest fear is that they'll nerf this event. It doesn't need to be nerfed, but the amount of randomness in the AI's boss pattern needs to be addressed. A run shouldn't be lost just because you got unlucky with the boss spamming it's 90% damage reduction button. 

Edited by AlphaWolvesGamer.5790
  • Like 2

Just commanded my first meta... We killed the tail 19 times and had 0 viable break bars. "Viable" excluding the break bar you get at the beginning and break bars that trigger while tail is up.
There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why we had to kill 19 tails. We didn't even make it to 20% with how often she spawned her tail.