WANTED: SOLO TANKY BUILD JUST FOR MAP META AND WORLD BOSS FIGHTS

Jalad Lantana.3027

My condition damage focused Mechanist build is lots of fun in open world PVE, but it just gets vaporized in World Boss and EOD Meta Boss fights.

What would be the most survivable Engineer build possible for those situations?  This is not for damage or support, just individual survival in World Boss and EOD Meta Boss fights.

Thanks, I slapped together a full build like this in exotics, and ran the Seitung Provence map meta.  I love it,  you just get in the face of anything and don't have to worry about your health at all, unless you try to solo multiple elites and half a dozen adds.

This also got me aquainted with the build tabs feature, so I can play Vipers Condition Damager for fun, and quickly switch to this build for champions,  World Bosses, and other target rich situations.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I run a full Celestial Build that is pretty tanky, Mech has 65K HP and I have 28K and do pretty good damage with Dual Pistols:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAoqlxy6YuMYWMWySuRdA-zxIY1ohvMSIBKtAc+AEuG41AifLA-e and you can view the video: 

If I die, it was because I wasn't paying attention or engaged way too many mobs. No problems with World Bosses, HoT/PoF Champs or EoD Meta. 

Of note, I do use the Jade Tech Offensive and Defensive buffs to hit the 28,152 HP and Mech at 65,404 HP

My alternate Viper Build also does really well and I use the Jade Tech Offensive and Defensive buffs. 

Edited by dmone.5631
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Please don't play cleric, you will do no damage.

Celestial Mech is already nigh unkillable, but you can actually fight mobs.

Cleric is truly a worst-of-both-worlds attribute set where you will do absolutely no damage *and* your survivability will be considerably worse than someone with actual boon duration on their gear.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 2

OH noes ... Cleric. Have to agree on the comments here. Healing Power is the WORST scaling defensive stat there is. Celestials is the way to go, especially since Mechanist is one of the few specs that can benefit from every stat on it. 

It's also not obvious why people recommending Barrier Engine over J Drive if you are taking Rectifier and Barrier Signets. Any reason in particular?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

I use raid quickness scrapper for everything and survive in all openworld meta but you can change gear from berserker to Marauder for more hp. Eventhough the barrier is nerfed but still very strong. It can easily maitain scholar's rune 6th effect and I usually among top 5 dps in most meta.

Hammer, imo, is the best weapon in gw2. It offers you dodge, block, barrier, cc, lightning field, whirl and leaper finisher, projectile reflect, vulnerability and might. With 2 normal dodge and hamer 3 and 4, you can pretty much survive most deadly attacks in all metas. Superspeed makes your positioning a lot faster. 

I use this in all openworld and strikes 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwgYasGWKO2LvtWA-zRRYBRBnIcQdlRtJQFFgtTDDetA-e 

(You can change gears to Maruader for 19k hp and slot in all gyros if you like but keep grenade or mortar kit for range dmg)

Otherwise, if you want to play mechanist, just use cele mechanist at that's more-than-enough tankiness in openworld. 

Edited by PepperMint.8509