Suggestion: Separate keybinds for Mastery Skills

Please could we have 2 keybinds for "Activate Mastery Skill 1" and "Activate Master Skill 2" in order for us to have a keybind to summon the Skiff and also another to fish?

Saw a post for this somewhere on the forums but not sure if it's acknowledged or what's the status.

• Like 3

there's an additional mastery that gets added on there, the jade bot personal waypoint. I think they intend to use this as a catchall button like they do for all the novelties. I would love another button for each mastery, but seeing as they didn't do that with the novelties, it looks like they're not planning on putting a new button for each mastery thing they want to put on the hotbar.

sucks though, would love the skiff to have its own button.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, castlemanic.3198 said:

there's an additional mastery that gets added on there, the jade bot personal waypoint. I think they intend to use this as a catchall button like they do for all the novelties. I would love another button for each mastery, but seeing as they didn't do that with the novelties, it looks like they're not planning on putting a new button for each mastery thing they want to put on the hotbar.

sucks though, would love the skiff to have its own button.

which is literally stopping me from progressing as for some reason trying to use that catch all button to change masteries crashes my game

38 minutes ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

which is literally stopping me from progressing as for some reason trying to use that catch all button to change masteries crashes my game

that well and truly sucks, i hope that gets fixed soon cause this expansion has good stuff in it, but crashes are no fun =(

On 3/5/2022 at 7:54 AM, castlemanic.3198 said:

I think they intend to use this as a catchall button like they do for all the novelties. I would love another button for each mastery, but seeing as they didn't do that with the novelties,

But they do have keybinds for each of the novelty types:

Options > Miscellaneous:

Equip/Unequip Novelty - this is the catch all one of which you speak, which acts identically as the below "Activate Mastery Skill" keybind.

Activate Chair - unique keybind

Activate Musical Instrument - unique keybind

Activate Held Item - unique keybind

Activate Toy - unique keybind

Activate Tonic - unique keybind

Activate Mastery Skill - this is the all-in-one keybind for the fishing, skiff, and jade bot.

I have zero interest in the unique keybinds for the novelties, and would MUCH rather have unique keybinds for fishing, skiff, and jade bot. Especially since the flow of the game is for the skiffs to be used in frequent partnership with fishing - forcing us to manually click that tiny arrow in order to right click the other mastery to activate it is a huge hassle and quite inconvenient.

I really hope this was an oversight on the team's part, and they add unique keybinds in for each of the mastery skills.

17 minutes ago, Velorra.7310 said:

But they do have keybinds for each of the novelty types:

Options > Miscellaneous:

Equip/Unequip Novelty - this is the catch all one of which you speak, which acts identically as the below "Activate Mastery Skill" keybind.

Activate Chair - unique keybind

Activate Musical Instrument - unique keybind

Activate Held Item - unique keybind

Activate Toy - unique keybind

Activate Tonic - unique keybind

Activate Mastery Skill - this is the all-in-one keybind for the fishing, skiff, and jade bot.

I have zero interest in the unique keybinds for the novelties, and would MUCH rather have unique keybinds for fishing, skiff, and jade bot. Especially since the flow of the game is for the skiffs to be used in frequent partnership with fishing - forcing us to manually click that tiny arrow in order to right click the other mastery to activate it is a huge hassle and quite inconvenient.

I really hope this was an oversight on the team's part, and they add unique keybinds in for each of the mastery skills.

Oh yeah! you're totally right, i forgot that when i wrote the comment. i'm on the same boat as you, i would much rather have unique buttons for mastery stuff rather than unique buttons for novelties.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

Oh yeah! you're totally right, i forgot that when i wrote the comment. i'm on the same boat as you, i would much rather have unique buttons for mastery stuff rather than unique buttons for novelties.

No worries!! I've been trying to find an official "submit feedback" form, but can't find one... I hope the community managers see these posts and can let the devs know. It just feels icky in the flow of the game, to me. Not to mention I have vision issues so that tiny arrow is a PAIN to manually click so often. Good luck out there friend!

• Like 1