Dragon's End Meta is making us hate the game, playerbase and turtle.

On 3/6/2022 at 3:09 AM, Felipe.1807 said:

But it was, thats not even a opinion, its a fact...its like HoT locking Glider behind Gerent meta or PoF locking Raptor behind Serpent Ire.

Turtle was one of the main selling points, if that wasnt the case, they should had done like the Griffon and keep it a secret from the playerbase and not use it on every advertisement.

That reminds me of the first time I was playing PoF ( I came in late, during IBS's final release was when I returned to the game)  I was doing map completion in one of the later zones and a meta started that I joined in on, one person was really excited in chat to  see a bunch of us doing it. Was a meta that needed a lot of cc to complete, no waystations were placed (not that I could even use them then) And we managed on our skill alone. That person paid everyone who helped gold saying they had been trying to complete that meta for 2 years. 

We already have dead maps and meta's in GW2. Its already a thing that can happen. PoF seems to be very notorious for this, HoT I've seen less so as the rewards are still worth it, and we need the currency to keep using our converter. Not sure why they thought the PoF way of doing meta's was a good idea. If certain things were locked behind PoF meta's I'd feel sorry for the entire playerbase. And yet, here we are with EoD, a Turtle locked behind a meta that takes 2 hours and is one of the least rewarding meta's in the entire game.... even if you win besides the Turtle. The world boss Train is better...

When the 1% leaves the map, good luck to the 99% ever completing it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, blackheartgary.8605 said:

There's Nothing wrong with the meta. not really.

If you look at the meta in a vacuum then you're right but if you put things in proper context then, even ignoring the whole thing with the mount, it almost completely misses the mark on everything but presentation.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 5

On 3/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, Necrosian.1359 said:

At this point i cant even bother to do pre event any more. I simply don't have energy to do this anymore, just to fail again.

But you get a boost for damage and all after doing pre events that stack to 10. You're bringing the group down with your garbage dps then and it will definitely fail. Everyone should have 10 stacks and it's fine. 
Did it 3 days ago with 3 minutes still left on a non organized map. Still not the best time as soemone had 6 minutes left but I can't access their post anymore for some strange reason as I get an error. But it's definitely doable when everyone knows their stuff and does at least 95% of the snowcrows benchmark in dps. People just need to learn rotations and mechanics better. 
I hope this event doesn't get nerfed like the other "hard" metas in the past because of complaining. People need to git gud and it really shows. 

On 3/5/2022 at 7:30 PM, Nate.8146 said:

Just logged in and took a look at the LFG today... https://imgur.com/CuNvuDt

Personally I don't care about the turtle since it is a multiplayer mount; but I can understand the frustration. Hopefully both sides (Anet and players) will find peace.

I would have reported the 2nd entry asap by the way. I hope you did as well 😉
I hate that there's so much racist, sexual and slur stuff these days on lfg and it's not the first time I've seen this. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

If you look at the meta in a vacuum then you're right but if you put things in proper context than, even ignoring the whole thing with the mount, it almost completely misses the mark in everything but presentation.

Respectfully, I disagree. 

As a whole, the Event is designed to be difficult. Of course it is, as this is the culmination of almost a decade of fighting Elder Dragons. I would be deeply disappointed if an end-of-an-era event  is a fight that lasts 10 minutes and can be done with less than 5 people in an open world map.  No.  IMHO it needs to be this difficult; this challenging. it needs to feel like it cannot be done.  the mechanics need to reflect the skills that have been given to players since launch. It needs to have a "big fight feel". 

• Confused 5

1. DPS Check has no place in Open World 50 players Content.
  2. Meta promotes Toxic environment where Kill Proofs are required and players are kicked out otherwise
  3. Difficulty should be in Mechanics or Events not DPS or Group Management skills
  4. After big time investment and effort very demotivating for Meta to fail 9/10 times. I just want to log off now...

• Turtle Mount tide to Meta event is good as this will keep Meta Alive but at current state this Meta is blocking player progress
  • Great Amount of EXP and Loot in this Meta/ Map. Plenty Jade Ore to gather as well as Quartz Crystals
  • In General this Meta is Fun and engaging, most events are interesting
  • Straight forward and Easy map layout
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, blackheartgary.8605 said:

this is the culmination of almost a decade of fighting Elder Dragons

No, the fight after that, the one we got an SM (with an upcoming CM) for, is the "culmination of almost a decade of fighting Elder Dragons". This is just the prelude and more importantly the supposed big 10 year highpoint for OW content and yet it's more of a gift from A-Net to those who have always been spiteful of OW content than something your average OW player could enjoy. It doesn't respect the players time, (collections aside) it's not really that rewarding, the pugability is quite bad and like I said the only thing it actually has going on for it is the presentation. Let's face it, this is going to be just another dead map once most players got what they wanted out of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Getting back to the topic of this post, the DE meta has made me start not-liking this game for the first time in 10 years (with a 3 year break in between). I've sat at my computer, spun up the launcher, and then thought: "The last time I played this, I felt awful.", closed it and decided to do something else. I like how Mukluk phrased the DE meta: It's "nonconsensual raiding".

I don't raid because I don't like the toxicity that comes with it. The most competitive thing I do is T4 Fractals, but even then you meet the occasional toxic person, and I don't want that in my life. So, I've consigned myself to the fact that I'll never have legendary armor or the legendary ring or anything else locked behind raids, and that's fine.

I don't consider myself a good player, I'm decidedly average. I play an alac mirage in the open world because it’s fun. I like helping people out. I like the little messages of "ty" when I rez someone, and I especially like helping people with jumping puzzles. I LOVE jumping puzzles. I like teaching people how to do it, and portaling them to the top if they can't. If I pass a jumping puzzle out in the world, I will often stop and do it, not because of the rewards, but because I honestly enjoy it.

After trying and failing this meta 6 times, I’m exhausted and demoralized, only to be greeted by a flood of messages telling me to "git good". It's making me bitter about everything else in the game. I'm ashamed to admit that I have thought of getting to the top of a daily JP, seeing people asking for a port from their friendly neighborhood mesmer and just replying: "git good". It's the first thing that springs to mind now when I think about portaling someone. It's made me think that anyone that accepted a mesmer portal to finish their skyscale collection doesn't deserve their skyscale.

This is the first time I've told anyone about these thoughts in my head. Does this make me a horrible person? I guess it does. I can say that I started thinking this right around the third time I failed the DE meta. I've all but to written off the Turtle Mount, like I have legendary armor. I don’t know if I will ever do the DE meta again because it makes me feel terrible.

Oh, and the next time you accept a mesmer portal in the open world, know that it might be mine, and stopping to type "ty" means a lot to me.

Edited by shrikes.2983
Fixed typo.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cynder.2509 said:

But you get a boost for damage and all after doing pre events that stack to 10. You're bringing the group down with your garbage dps then and it will definitely fail. Everyone should have 10 stacks and it's fine. 
Did it 3 days ago with 3 minutes still left on a non organized map. Still not the best time as soemone had 6 minutes left but I can't access their post anymore for some strange reason as I get an error. But it's definitely doable when everyone knows their stuff and does at least 95% of the snowcrows benchmark in dps. People just need to learn rotations and mechanics better. 
I hope this event doesn't get nerfed like the other "hard" metas in the past because of complaining. People need to git gud and it really shows.

You don't understand what i meant. That was even before i finally lucked out and got the turtle. And even now, when i have the turtle, i have some sort of PTSD of this meta, where i get tired just by thinking about it. I can't even be bothered to do pre event not to mention meta itself.

It's became dead meta to me after the first success. Now i don't want to go back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

So, I have some news! It's not the DPS that's the problem, it is in fact the RNG of Soo-Won's movements and mechanics.

Just got out of a failed fight that had amazingly perfect DPS and CC timing, however she kept switching sides on us so we couldn't damage her as much once she got under 50% health. Seems the fight becomes progressively difficult based on her health bar, or so it appears.

I even made a whole 2nd Firebrand build just to buff/heal people and do better damage than my Dragonhunter build, and we still failed due to lack of time, and switches.

The RNG needs fixing, or add more time to the timer (no more than 5-10 minutes is needed).

Edited by Caitybee.3614
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Caitybee.3614 said:

So, I have some news! It's not the DPS that's the problem, it is in fact the RNG of Soo-Won's movements and mechanics.

Just got out of a failed fight that had amazingly perfect DPS and CC timing, however she kept switching sides on us so we couldn't damage her as much once she got under 50% health. Seems the fight becomes progressively difficult based on her health bar, or so it appears.

I even made a whole 2nd Firebrand build just to buff/heal people and do better damage than my Dragonhunter build, and we still failed due to lack of time, and switches.

The RNG needs fixing, or add more time to the timer (no more than 5-10 minutes is needed).

That's been consensus for a while now.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, blackheartgary.8605 said:

Respectfully, I disagree. 

As a whole, the Event is designed to be difficult. Of course it is, as this is the culmination of almost a decade of fighting Elder Dragons. I would be deeply disappointed if an end-of-an-era event  is a fight that lasts 10 minutes and can be done with less than 5 people in an open world map.  No.  IMHO it needs to be this difficult; this challenging. it needs to feel like it cannot be done.  the mechanics need to reflect the skills that have been given to players since launch. It needs to have a "big fight feel". 

The thing is the RNG behind that all. Anet should make that better for story or Raids/Strikes (and with it the scaling) than a Meta Public event where u can pray to get the right peoples on the map. Such bosses simply do not work with pugs. c'mon i really have no desire to try this long crappy event 100 Times because the Lucky RNG God hates me.

I really like pretty hard content but not in  Openworld with Pugs.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

Also makes people crazy the constant switching. I was getting so pissed off at it I left the map.

• Like 7

I like the meta, hell overall I actually have enjoyed the expansion so far however, after a 2 hour turn around time each go, it's extraordinarily easy to burnout on. Clearly grasp the frustration.

Like so many I haven't been lucky enough to complete it yet. Can put it down to so many of the reasons listed above, sure, but the biggest reason today was the amount of people leaving once they decided it was going to fail - usually with minutes to go at 20-30%. Each time about half the team up and left rather than see the meta run its course and give it a go, self-fulfilling their prophecy.

Whether it truly would have failed even if they stayed on, I don't know, but it is upsetting to see so many frustrated.

I, too, want the turtle. Other than seeing the story to the end, that turtle was the biggest selling point. I expected some lengthy quest through Cantha to get it, but not even being able to start the quest because it is locked behind this is... disheartening. Hearing also that strikes are required doesn't inspire me.

I think I've played one strike in my entire time playing GW2, and decided then and there to dismiss that content. Not because it was difficult, certainly not - I'm a decent player by my reckoning, my toons are readily geared to be able to raid and I have no doubt in my ability to be able to raid, but I don't - I don't want to play that content. It doesn't interest me. I have nothing against hard instanced team content, but there's a place for it, and a much smaller playerbase for that.
OK, the end of an era battle, make it awesome definitely, make it memorable, yeah! But. This, so far, will be remembered for the wrong reasons. Trying to force players up a learning curve they don't want to climb was a terrible idea.

Edited by Incar.7358
spelling
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Necrosian.1359 said:

You don't understand what i meant. That was even before i finally lucked out and got the turtle. And even now, when i have the turtle, i have some sort of PTSD of this meta, where i get tired just by thinking about it. I can't even be bothered to do pre event not to mention meta itself.

It's became dead meta to me after the first success. Now i don't want to go back.

This is something that I didn't consider, but I imagine that depending on the amount of frustration, the lost time invested, the number of times being screwed by RNG, the toxicity of the group, all of this will be permanently associated with the turtle people have earned, if that was their experience. 

It kind of negates the sense of accomplishment, takes the exhilaration right out of there. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, shrikes.2983 said:

Getting back to the topic of this post, the DE meta has made me start not-liking this game for the first time in 10 years (with a 3 year break in between). I've sat at my computer, spun up the launcher, and then thought: "The last time I played this, I felt awful.", closed it and decided to do something else. I like how Mukluk phrased the DE meta: It's "nonconsensual raiding".

I don't raid because I don't like the toxicity that comes with it. The most competitive thing I do is T4 Fractals, but even then you meet the occasional toxic person, and I don't want that in my life. So, I've consigned myself to the fact that I'll never have legendary armor or the legendary ring or anything else locked behind raids, and that's fine.

I don't consider myself a good player, I'm decidedly average. I play an alac mirage in the open world because it’s fun. I like helping people out. I like the little messages of "ty" when I rez someone, and I especially like helping people with jumping puzzles. I LOVE jumping puzzles. I like teaching people how to do it, and portaling them to the top if they can't. If I pass a jumping puzzle out in the world, I will often stop and do it, not because of the rewards, but because I honestly enjoy it.

After trying and failing this meta 6 times, I’m exhausted and demoralized, only to be greeted by a flood of messages telling me to "git good". It's making me bitter about everything else in the game. I'm ashamed to admit that I have thought of getting to the top of a daily JP, seeing people asking for a port from their friendly neighborhood mesmer and just replying: "git good". It's the first thing that springs to mind now when I think about portaling someone. It's made me think that anyone that accepted a mesmer portal to finish their skyscale collection doesn't deserve their skyscale.

This is the first time I've told anyone about these thoughts in my head. Does this make me a horrible person? I guess it does. I can say that I started thinking this right around the third time I failed the DE meta. I've all but to written off the Turtle Mount, like I have legendary armor. I don’t know if I will ever do the DE meta again because it makes me feel terrible.

Oh, and the next time you accept a mesmer portal in the open world, know that it might be mine, and stopping to type "ty" means a lot to me.

This is a sad read, but I get it. Toxic attitudes can really get into your head. All I can say is, kudos for being helpful and remember the desperate need of some of these people to push their insecurity onto others says more about them than you. And you aren't a terrible person for having those thoughts, it sounds like you wanting to prove a point to the people who have gotten into your head. But if they are given more proof they aren't as good as they think, they will just be more desperate in their toxicity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Arrived 1 hour before to group with a Commander and structure the "perfect" group.

45 Min to spam to enter in the map ! Impossible.

Not worth the time. I'll wait for the nerf or for a server improvement.

Way too frustrating... That so sad for the launch of this expansion. 😕

Edited by Adah.8371
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

That reminds me of the first time I was playing PoF ( I came in late, during IBS's final release was when I returned to the game)  I was doing map completion in one of the later zones and a meta started that I joined in on, one person was really excited in chat to  see a bunch of us doing it. Was a meta that needed a lot of cc to complete, no waystations were placed (not that I could even use them then) And we managed on our skill alone. That person paid everyone who helped gold saying they had been trying to complete that meta for 2 years. 

We already have dead maps and meta's in GW2. Its already a thing that can happen. PoF seems to be very notorious for this, HoT I've seen less so as the rewards are still worth it, and we need the currency to keep using our converter. Not sure why they thought the PoF way of doing meta's was a good idea. If certain things were locked behind PoF meta's I'd feel sorry for the entire playerbase. And yet, here we are with EoD, a Turtle locked behind a meta that takes 2 hours and is one of the least rewarding meta's in the entire game.... even if you win besides the Turtle. The world boss Train is better...

When the 1% leaves the map, good luck to the 99% ever completing it. 

Pof get better lastly due to POF maps are in daily.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shrikes.2983 said:

This is the first time I've told anyone about these thoughts in my head. Does this make me a horrible person? 

Thinking this does not make you a horrible person. I've honestly felt the same way. People whined relentlessly about Chalice of Tears I was all too happy to help port people through for the return to event. I'm a little bitter about that now. I still haven't gotten my turtle so I can't help with that but if you are on NA I can definitely help you on the raiding front. Feel free to hit me up in game. I help with really laid back training runs every Sunday. I can save you a spot if you'd be willing to come try it out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Necrosian.1359 said:

thats was my problem with high level fractals. i do only T2 or less, sometimes T3 but not hard ones.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, Nate.8146 said:

Just logged in and took a look at the LFG today... https://imgur.com/CuNvuDt

Personally I don't care about the turtle since it is a multiplayer mount; but I can understand the frustration. Hopefully both sides (Anet and players) will find peace.

How is ArenaNet ok with what is happening because of these issues? 

This doesn’t feel like the game I fell in love with ten years ago anymore. I really hope it gets addressed soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blaeys.3102 said:

How is ArenaNet ok with what is happening because of these issues? 

This doesn’t feel like the game I fell in love with ten years ago anymore. I really hope it gets addressed soon.

Same here tbh. The day before EoD dropped everyone I knew in game was happier then now. Everything was fine, the forums were fine, we were all excited, much hype for the Turtle, and hope for E-spec changes they promised. There was no arguing. Everyone was just having fun in the game modes they enjoy. 

Then EoD hits and I see people flaming others in chat and calling others names and the community divided. Considering people reference old mistakes in Anet's content as an excuse, will the same be for EoD then? When Anet releases the next "hard(Rng open world non-consensual raiding mess)" content, will people be like "remember Chak, remember DE". already know that is going to happen with the first over a week of DE being like this, and the bugged meta's in other zones with people yelling harmful remarks at anyone who opens chests that for some reason are there before the boss fight in Seitung. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

I get the feeling from many of the posts here that the majority of guild wars 2 players are stupid and bad. I don’t think that’s true. 

It's not a job. It's a game we play for fun.

There are players that have enough challenge in their life/job and want not to be challenged in a game. Some have fun being challenged, some have fun NOT being challenged. And even the type und level of "challenge" that still is fun, can be different. Some have fun doing a challenging jumping puzzle, some have fun doing a challenging fight. Some players have fun with having the best DPS in their squad, some couldn't care less about such comparisons. That's all equally valid, legit and acceptable. Nothing wrong with that. GW2 has content for all these player types.

Problems/conflict only arises if Anet tries to push different types of players with contrary playstyles into the same content that historically/typically was only for one of this player types.

Example: Players that want 100% open world map completion for the Gift of Exploration and have to visit the WvW maps because they are required for the 100% (Anet removed this requirement in the past).

Example: Players that do not like WvW and just want the Gift of Battle from WvW and that are (nearly) AFKing at spawn and are blocking map slots, so "WvW-players" could not get on the map to defend important things etc.

Example: I do remember that a lot of players complained in the past that they don't want an "easy-mode" for raids because raids should always be challenging. And now Anet did (in a way) the same thing: They made a "hard-mode" open world map meta.

And: It's not about being "stupid" or "bad". To even use this categeories to talk about other players just because they like other things than you, is not a nice thing and this CAN lead to much more toxic behaviour.

EDIT: I understand you meant it not yourself but you wanted to describe how others here in the forum write about others.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1