Dear anet, please stop forcing harder content on me

Dear anet,

As a casual pleb, i want to:

1. just spam 1 for open world farms and meta
  2. have a 90%+ success rate with random pugs for any event
  3. not having to play raid for legendary armor (the last 2 new strikes, while fun, are already a bit too long)

Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

Legendary Armor is not required for any content in the game so you're good I guess. Just don't do strikes.

i agree, $100,000,000 isnt needed for living either, but i want it. surely no one plays a game because they "need" to

oh also a list of things not "needed" recently: sustain, turtle, fractal mc. you dont "need" any of these

Edited by Sevens.9452
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sevens.9452 said:

i agree, $100,000,000 isnt needed for living either, but i want it. surely no one plays a game because they "need" to

oh also a list of things not "needed" recently: sustain, turtle, fractal mc. you dont "need" any of these

So if you want it, you better do what is required to get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

yes, the fun that needs you to do something not fun is the best kind of fun

1. people complaining about no new wvw/pvp/raid/fractal content should just do something else, they arent "required"
  2. people complaining about guardians/necro making up 60%-80% of the group should just play them instead, their own classes arent "required"
  3. people complaining about class nerfs should just play another spec/class, their nerfed classes aren't "required"
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sevens.9452 said:

1. people complaining about no new wvw/pvp/raid/fractal content should just do something else, they arent "required"
  2. people complaining about guardians/necro making up 60%-80% of the group should just play them instead, their own classes arent "required"
  3. people complaining about class nerfs should just play another spec/class, their nerfed classes aren't "required"

You are mixing a lot of stuff, and you are wrong, too.

Class balance IS required. but it's not easy to achieve, and even when it's there, you may not realize it's there

Exemple : you said necro are OP and overpresent (scourge actually), but if you look around 2-2,5 year ago, there weren't super popular (if not excluded), dispite been even more op at this moment than now. People simply didn't realize at than moment that there were OP.

Now imagine if they had decided to buff them back in the day when they weren't popular? I'm sure you're glad they didn't.

But you don't need legendary armor, and even if your do, there are 3 different path for it, one for each major gamemode, so, you don't have to do raid, too.

Also, open world is already full of easy meta who likely never missed, so there is plenty a offer on this side. what it lacked more is harder meta where you have to do more than press 1 and fail sometime if you messed up, so those are required, actually

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sevens.9452 said:

Dear anet,

3. not having to play raid for legendary armor (the last 2 new strikes, while fun, are already a bit too long)

Thanks.

I think there's a few mobile games you could play that would cover about the same sort of content.  You could even pay to skip.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sevens.9452 said:

Dear anet,

Thanks.

I see what you did there.  Bravo.  👏 🎣

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 1

1. Releaseing new content is not something that the players can do by themselves. Getting better at the game or lowering your wants however, you can do by yourself.
2. The players also don't have a say when it comes to balancing, so asking for it is all that's left. You however can think about wether or not pressing 1 with 90% success rate warrats a LEGENDARY item.
3. People can learn to play another class, but 3. is bascally the same as 2 so see there.

I'm out of this conversation btw. You just want free stuff. You want to put in the least amount of effort and be rewarded one of the most precious items in the game. That's just not how this game works nor should work. Can you imagine how boring it would be to log in and have everaything unlocked? It's like using a cheat code. Is it fun for a while? Sure. Will it motivte you to keep playing and maybe, dare I say, Improve yourself? Probaby not.

1 hour ago, lokh.2695 said:

2 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

Legendary Armor is not required for any content in the game so you're good I guess. Just don't do strikes.

Pretty sure the OP is being sarcastic here. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, I suppose I'm so casual that I haven't even gotten to what people have been complaining about. :classic_tongue: Currently I have done done  like 2 hearts and have been fishing.

I did come across a world boss that instantly defeats you without downing you (raid mechanic!?) if you don't hide behind a pillar and there's no good wps nearby. But I would say the wps are the issue and we succeeded anyways. I would imagine the event in question is harder.

But really. The expansion's been out for like a week. New fights have always been very hard when people haven't figured it out yet, and once they figure out people will be farming it.

I mean of course it could be made easier, and bugs fixed. But it seems a bit much.

I suppose I am a bit biased since I guess by the time I get to said content it's already fixed. xD

I will say the mobs are a bit tougher  in general, and constantly pulse boons like protection. I'm not sure what they want me to do about that because not every class has boon strip and the boons come back too fast even when adding an absoption sigil. Just.... condi damage huh?

Of course it comes down to what rewards these really hard fights bring.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

13 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

I think there's a few mobile games you could play that would cover about the same sort of content.  You could even pay to skip.

You say this like you aren't already able to pay RL $$ to skip grinding in this game and get certain sought after things (ex: TP sellable legendary weapons) without lifting a finger in gameplay. People will (justifiably) look down on mobile games endlessly, but then fail to see it when their PC games become more like mobile games with each passing financial quarter. And then the real kicker is when those same kind of people defend their PC games like they are so different.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2