Arena has ruined the casters

I hate Catalyst at all! First of all wtf a caster is doing with an hammer at all?! Besides,I hated the fight animations as well!Why this hammer became an essential weapon for almost every favorite class of mine? I don't care how much DPS my Ranger can do now,I hate that kitten weapon! I don't like heavy weapons and that's why I have never ever created a warrior but now Arena has given me an hammer and a pistol for my casters;Are you out of your minds?!Caster: Magicians!They need mystical weapons not heavy ones or mechanical ones!Arena has ruined my Elementalist and Necromancer;I don't give a kitten how powerful they have become,I don't feel as a caster anymore!I was complaining about my mesmer because of the pistol and costume inconsistencies due to eye pleasure and aesthetic and now Arena has ruined my all casters with those meaningless weapon choices!

Edited by Accipridae.1589
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 18

I am sorry, but you are aware, that you are not required to use the new weapon choices, correct? As the meaning of the word "weapon choice" implies, they are a choice for you to use, if you wish to engage with a different playstyle. Not more, not less. 

If you wish, you can still play Catalyst/Harbinger with scepter, staff, dagger or focus (or whatever weapon choices there are) and you would still be able to use the new class functionalities like the new harbinger shroud or catalyst spheres. The weapons are not a requirement for those and the new weapons are also not necessarily better than the old ones.

Also, if it is the class functionality you don't like, you don't even need to use Catalyst or Harbinger, isn't that great? When PoF came out, Tempest was still viable alongside Weaver, just like Reaper was viable along side Scourge. The same applies to the new elite specs. If it is for example Tempest you prefer, feel free to still play it. Catalyst is different than Tempest, not "better". No content is gatekept behind a specific elite specialization besides the respective weapons (which shouldn't bother you, seeing how you don't like them anyway).

To be quite frank, I don't really see the point in your post as nothing has been forced on you and you are still free to play the way you like it.

I hope your angry mood settles soon and you are able to enjoy your day. 🙂

Edited by Oerv.5742
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

No one is forcing you to play the new elite specs. Each profession still has two other specializations to choose from. 

Keep in mind, however, that many of the "mystical" weapons have already been given to the core scholar professions: e.g., scepter, staff, focus, etc. You may not like heavy weapons, which is a matter of taste and not quality, but new elite specialization weapons were bound to expand to many of these other weapons that are not to your liking. 

The Bunny Thumper (i.e., hammer ranger) was a popular build in Guild Wars 1. It's honestly more of a surprise that it has taken three expansions before it was introduced into GW2. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Am I the only one in here that low-key expected reference to first game of The Elder Scrolls series, based on the title?

Aside from that yeah, getting access to new weapon does not mean you have to use it. Also what kind of "mystical weapon" present within the game that Ele didn't already have access to did you expect?

• Confused 1

On 3/5/2022 at 4:32 PM, Accipridae.1589 said:

I hate Catalyst at all!

Good. Don't play him. You still have the options between core ele, weaver or tempest.

And all of them can even be easily played with staff or scepter, at least in story or open world. So you can satisfy your desire for a caster

Also I personaly play my untamed not with hammer, but with longbow and sword/axe, and i LOVE it.

The E-Specs aren't designed to please all a single player, but to give a huge variety, so everyone can choose what he loves the most.

I personaly love the catalyst on my huge norn. The hammer suits him way better than on of the older weapons ever could.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 5:07 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

kitten All the caster classes already use scepter, staff, and focus.  What more do you want?

On 3/5/2022 at 7:05 PM, Keymaster.7362 said:

Good. Don't play him. You still have the options between core ele, weaver or tempest.

And all of them can even be easily played with staff or scepter, at least in story or open world. So you can satisfy your desire for a caster

Also I personaly play my untamed not with hammer, but with longbow and sword/axe, and i LOVE it.

The E-Specs aren't designed to please all a single player, but to give a huge variety, so everyone can choose what he loves the most.

I personaly love the catalyst on my huge, muscular norn. The hammer suits him way better than on of the older weapons ever could.

If I won't be able to benefit or having fun with a new specialization with my favorite (Main) char, what is the point of continue with older ones? I lost my taste for elementalist because of weapon choice for the new specialization. That makes me angry! Yes I can play with the older specs but it won't change the fact that I lost a spec because some in the office have decided that hammer would be perfect for a caster! This absurdity makes me frustrated!

Edited by Accipridae.1589
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, Accipridae.1589 said:

Yes I can play with the older specs but it won't change the fact that I lost a spec because some in the office have decided that hammer would be perfect for a caster!

No it doesn't, if you don't want to play it, you aren't losing anything, because you aren't willing to try it. I think you are more mad that GW2 is giving caster classes access to non-traditional caster weapons. Ele now has weapon swap, whats stopping you from running one slot hammer/sword/warhorn and the other staff/scepter/dagger?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Accipridae.1589 said:

If I won't be able to benefit or having fun with a new specialization with my favorite (Main) char, what is the point of continue with older ones? I lost my taste for elementalist because of weapon choice for the new specialization. That makes me angry! Yes I can play with the older specs but it won't change the fact that I lost a spec because some in the office have decided that hammer would be perfect for a caster! This absurdity makes me frustrated!

So that wasn't a complaint when ele got a sword in PoF becaaaaause....?

Play with the specs you like, if you want a "new ranged eod caster", try virtuoso I guess.

I don't get the question "If I won't be able to benefit or having fun with a new specialization with my favorite (Main) char, what is the point of continue with older ones?". New especs don't influence the old ones, so you can enjoy them exactly the same way you did earlier.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 3/5/2022 at 10:54 AM, Genesis.8572 said:

No one is forcing you to play the new elite specs. Each profession still has two other specializations to choose from. 

Keep in mind, however, that many of the "mystical" weapons have already been given to the core scholar professions: e.g., scepter, staff, focus, etc. You may not like heavy weapons, which is a matter of taste and not quality, but new elite specialization weapons were bound to expand to many of these other weapons that are not to your liking. 

The Bunny Thumper (i.e., hammer ranger) was a popular build in Guild Wars 1. It's honestly more of a surprise that it has taken three expansions before it was introduced into GW2. 

The core professions need help so they are viable in all game modes without buffing the elite specs.

• Like 2

Pfft, like many have said, you don't have to use hammer if you dont want to.

And who are you to say casters are ruined just because it doesn't fit your stereotypical wizard? That what i like about GW2, doing it own thing than being like other hundred fantasy and lack imagination.

This might shock you but i'm hoping caster classes will get rifle/pistol on next expac.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, warherox.7943 said:

One way would be making the core profession mechanic traitline the core "elite spec", like Guardian's Virtues line. 

And you lock that away how from the elite specs?

And how about the guardians that feel mantras should be the elite spec line.

Or how about spirit weapons.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Accipridae.1589 said:

The weapon choice is the least problem Elementalists have right now. I still like (or trying to continue liking) Catalyst, but i have to say, when I heard about Ele getting a hammer, i imangined so many amazing elemental abilities. You should be able to summon cataclysmic forces with an element empowered hammer, but unfortunately the devs went with the most uninspired, reused weapons skills you could think of.

Shoot projectile there, rotate projectile here, hit the ground to splash water, hit the ground for small fire, hit the ground for earth rubble...

I wanted to catch my enemies in unescapable whirlpools, crush down on them with a Tsunami behind me, rip the earth open and bury my foes under it..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1