Vasburg Armory Mini-Dungeon Locked - Lukas is Friendly [Merged]

Heya! So someone told me how to get to the Vasburg Armory PoI (turns out it's a mini-dungeon! Very cool!)

In order to access the mini-dungeon, I must attack Lukas Vasburg at the entrance until he's at 50% HP, then he'll let us in. Sadly, he's marked as friendly and will not let us target him, and the mini-dungeon is locked, so no one defeated him before I got there. Not entirely sure what to do here. =(

• Like 3

The wiki says if he gets killed too hard and actually dies (he's supposed to turn green at 50%) then he doesn't respawn and the dungeon is locked, effectively.

I thought he might have been on a timer or affected by nearby events or something like that, but there's nothing in the wiki about anything like that, and I've been in both while the meta's been running and not.

I hope it was fixed for you.  I accidently hit the teleport while fighting the key master and the amber runestone was no longer in my bag.  I went back to the instance and killed the key master, but the amber runestone was still missing.   I left and came back to start over again, but the amber runestone is no longer there to pick up.  I still have the jade runestone.  Hopefully if I try again tomorrow, it will be there.

51 minutes ago, Preppy.7046 said:

I can fight him now, but the chest at the end won't open.  It says I need the Jade Runestone and Amber Runestone to open it ... and both are clearly in my inventory. O_o

It is like Khan-Ur, you must place them on the stone pedestals beside the chest. I missed that too for the first time 🙂

Edited by Gorla.8627
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't reach the mini dungeon for the Vasburg Armory because Vasburg won't re-aggro nor is the teleporter working. 

Not that this POI should exist where it is. There is nothing else to lead a player to the right tiny, closed-off hole that's a quarter-map away.

But yeah anyway, doesn't work. Please fix.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still bugged.  He just sits there gawking at you after his meager threat (at full health).  No fight triggered, which means no portal.   I honestly wish they stop doing this.  Locking map completion through NPC, gate, special drops, or questline.  I thought this would end after HoT, but here we are yet again. .Don't get me wrong the jumping puzzles/mini dungeons are always fun, but these things are notorious for getting bugged sooner or latter.

Edited by Sindex.9520
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been trying to get this event done for 3 days now. He has been bugged each day. Logging out and map changes have no effect. Bug reports apparently do nothing. 

Anet: Please stop wasting our time and causing endless frustration by locking map completion behind timed and/or buggy events. Some of us don't want to spend the little play time we have just trying to get one jade lantern. Dragon's End is another prime example of this. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Which Dichotomy achievement, exactly, do you need? 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dichotomy_(achievement)

Examining the collection you will see that to get the Vindicators Cache you have to finish Map completion for Echovald Forest as a Revenant.

To do that you need to obtain the Vasburg Armory Point of Interest, which is inside the mini dungeon protected by Lucas Vasberg, you can only enter the dungeon (and get the Poi) when he goes hostile and you defeat him....

To the OP Lucas regularly bugs out and cannot be fought. People have posted on these forums and reported in game., but they're either unable to work out why its happening or not bothered. I suspect if Lucas was a chair that people had paid gems for and he had a slightly misplaced texture they probably would hot fix it.

(Edit- according to the wiki the bug occurs when Lucas is killed fully rather that brought to 50% where he surrenders and becomes friendly and allows you access to the Dungeon)

The only way to do it is to map swap onto another instance, which does happen quite a bit.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...