No one is participating in any content due to Dragon's End being a RNG fest

This psychological experiment you're doing to the player base is taking a stranglehold on the game and no one is doing ANYTHING besides spam trying this 2 hour long meta over and over trying to get their expansion-defining feature(Turtle). I cannot play any other content because there is no one playing anything else.

Please just remove the RNG off this bosses mechanics already and make it so she can only use tail ONCE per phase, as well as a guaranteed break bar at the start of the final 20%.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

This is a hell of a conclusion to draw.  It's not like HoT with long event chains from one location, it's a bunch of random events in huge maps. People are doing them. They're not all doing them on the same map in the same location.  Call out in map chat, pop a mentor tag and you'll get enough people to do an event you find.  It's worked for me so far.

If you think all people are doing is spamming Dragon's End over and over, you don't know how casual this game's audience is. Some people haven't even gotten there. I've gotten there and I'm waiting for either strats to be formed or the nerf to come. In the meantime I'm playing the expansion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 14

39 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

This is a hell of a conclusion to draw.  It's not like HoT with long event chains from one location, it's a bunch of random events in huge maps. People are doing them. They're not all doing them on the same map in the same location.  Call out in map chat, pop a mentor tag and you'll get enough people to do an event you find.  It's worked for me so far.

If you think all people are doing is spamming Dragon's End over and over, you don't know how casual this game's audience is. Some people haven't even gotten there. I've gotten there and I'm waiting for either strats to be formed or the nerf to come. In the meantime I'm playing the expansion.

Take a look at LFG for Dragon's End, and play the game. No one is doing anything else.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

And what is even more problematic, once you get to Dragon's End, it's mostly full LFG entries, because the LFG will not show the number of players in the map, and will not allow players to filter out instances that are full or nearly full. 

So you've got mainly 6 kinds of players in EoD at this moment:

* Those who have given up and left in frustration. Because that's the nature of these situations and just one problem can ruin the whole thing for many.
* Those taking it slow for various reasons and have not arrived there yet. Including those who wait because they expect things to be changed in the future as the current state is untenable.

* Those constantly pulling the lever of the slot machine this encounter end up being in hopes the stars align and they manage to get an instance in which all damage buffs like the Exposed after CC are not constantly lost and wasted by the boss wobbling about from side to side wasting everyone's time while players are left standing on the platform dumbfounded by the surreal experience, all Travolta meme-like.

* Those sitting at Dragon's End with the LFG open hoping they'll get a map with people.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

And what is even more problematic, once you get to Dragon's End, it's mostly full LFG entries, because the LFG will not show the number of players in the map, and will not allow players to filter out instances that are full or nearly full. 

So you've got mainly 6 kinds of players in EoD at this moment:

* Those who have given up and left in frustration. Because that's the nature of these situations and just one problem can ruin the whole thing for many.
* Those taking it slow for various reasons and have not arrived there yet. Including those who wait because they expect things to be changed in the future as the current state is untenable.

* Those constantly pulling the lever of the slot machine this encounter end up being in hopes the stars align and they manage to get an instance in which all damage buffs like the Exposed after CC are not constantly lost and wasted by the boss wobbling about from side to side wasting everyone's time while players are left standing on the platform dumbfounded by the surreal experience, all Travolta meme-like.

* Those sitting at Dragon's End with the LFG open hoping they'll get a map with people.

There's more than those kind of players. You've also got people who really like fishing and spend all day farming fish and making money doing it.  You've got people running the story on alts (this would be me).  You've got people doing map complete.

I do believe the situation will be rectified in time, and I'll get my turtle, but I'm patient. Right now I'm mostly just leveling masteries and getting alts through the story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

On 3/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, Runiir.6425 said:

That hard content the guild wipes on isn't a major expansion addition to the game. It is a raid, a totally optional element to the game. They don't make it so you can't swim underwater unless you get 49 other people to coordinate. The mount requires this meta, thus, grab 50 random people speaking 3 different languages that cannot understand each other, 20 of them are literally brand new to the game and only did EoD story. now GO. If it isn't completable by this ragtag group of total randoms with zero ways to communicate that isn't typing in game and language barriers, it is NOT the right content for the last meta required to get a heavily advertised mount! 

Want this endless complaint list to go away? Have them hand you an egg for being there at the beginning of the event. You get it win or lose. Congratulations you cut the griping of this whole thing by 75%.  

26 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Strike doesn't have a 2 hour wait between attempts.

I mean true 🙂 but I’d say a lot more people will have a rough time with that than the meta. Fewer spaces per raid, more ways to fail/wipe raid. Death is permanent. I’ve done it; and I can tell u, if people cannot manage this meta without constantly complaining, asking for nerfs; they’re not gonna manage that strike. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Islyn.8019 said:

I mean true 🙂 but I’d say a lot more people will have a rough time with that than the meta. Fewer spaces per raid, more ways to fail/wipe raid. Death is permanent. I’ve done it; and I can tell u, if people cannot manage this meta without constantly complaining, asking for nerfs; they’re not gonna manage that strike. 

We did casual strike run for first time, no requirements, made it first try.

Next time bf asked for 500LI - they friggin wiped lmao

Strikes only hard if you come with glass canon builds. Some heals, barrier, tanky builds sure make it so you hit stuff longer but people don't end up dying due to small mistakes.

EDIT: Besides, unlike with meta, your guild and friends can help you with strike. BIG DIFFERENCE

Edited by Friday.7864
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

For me they could make that meta as hard as they wish it to be. Just make it less RNG so that at least I can know it was player's fault for it failing, and not some unlucky 1 breakbar which gets lost to some attack animation into too quick tail spawns or whatever.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2022 at 4:03 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Take a look at LFG for Dragon's End, and play the game. No one is doing anything else.

You must be either playing at very non-peak times or you're prone to hyperbole because you're mad, can't tell which. I've run HoT meta trains and core world boss trains numerous times since expansion launch and haven't had a lick of trouble finding full squads.

We all get you're mad about RNG, doesn't mean you have to exacerbate it to this level. It will get fixed, have some patience. The game has been out barely a week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

I see you've become accustomed to games being released unfinished. Try upping your standards.

But that's the thing. "Having fixable problems or bugs" and "releasing unfinished" aren't the same thing, YOU'VE just become accustomed to games giving you instant gratification for every single piece of content. Name me a single MMO expansion that has EVER been released with zero issues at launch, I'll wait.

Again, have just a shred of patience and the issues will resolve themselves before long.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

But that's the thing. "Having fixable problems or bugs" and "releasing unfinished" aren't the same thing, YOU'VE just become accustomed to games giving you instant gratification for every single piece of content. Name me a single MMO expansion that has EVER been released with zero issues at launch, I'll wait.

Again, have just a shred of patience and the issues will resolve themselves before long.

Yeah, that is why I am in no hurry to rush through the story.  It is not like it is going away.  It will get patches and improvements.  

I figure there will be a few months until the next expansion (like 45 or 50 months ha ha)... that is if there is a next expansion.  Why is everyone trying to finish it yesterday? 😎

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:03 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

This psychological experiment you're doing to the player base is taking a stranglehold on the game and no one is doing ANYTHING besides spam trying this 2 hour long meta over and over trying to get their expansion-defining feature(Turtle). I cannot play any other content because there is no one playing anything else.

Please just remove the RNG off this bosses mechanics already and make it so she can only use tail ONCE per phase, as well as a guaranteed break bar at the start of the final 20%.

I went the meta with slightly organised group thanks to discord server I recently joined. We killed it very easily.

All my LFG attempts failed with around 20% HP. Imo the problem is just that the meta is difficult and there might be lots of players testing new builds or new players not knowing how to dodge.

I'm mostly focusing on EoD stuff, so not sure how other events are doing, but when I was running around trying to find kale, the maps looked full of ppl. You could probably get them do what you need just by using tags or asking in chat.

• Like 1

I think your being harsh, all events have been full for me. Or a quick /map chat and I soon have a rag tag crew. I haven't even got to dragons end yet because of work commitments etc. maybe try another server I don't know. I hope you find a better situation soon 🙂 (I'm EU btw) 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 11:06 AM, Islyn.8019 said:

Wait until people clear the meta, and realise they have to do a strike, possibly several times, to get actually the turtle 🙂

It's one strike once. It's not a hugely impossible task.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:56 AM, Islyn.8019 said:

if people cannot manage this meta without constantly complaining, asking for nerfs; they’re not gonna manage that strike.

The strike is by far easier than the meta.

12 hours ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Having games be as bug-free as possible is part of them being finished. Or we’re all those people calling Cyberpunk rushed and incomplete wrong?