No one is participating in any content due to Dragon's End being a RNG fest

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Having games be as bug-free as possible is part of them being finished. Or we’re all those people calling Cyberpunk rushed and incomplete wrong?

Comparing EoD launch to Cyberpunk is laughably ridiculous. EoD has, objectively and unbiased, released with SIGNIFICANTLY fewer bugs and server problems than either of their past expansions. The content overall is largely perfectly fine, and the bugs that do exist are mostly minor and are in the midst of being fixed. The RNG problem with the final meta may be a bug, or it may be an unfortunate oversight, but it will be fixed nonetheless. The rest of the expansion overall is pretty much fine.

You're comparing that to arguably one of the buggiest and worst releases in gaming history and telling me that you think this is that bad? You're letting frustration utterly cloud your judgement, because that train of thought is delusional. Cyberpunk was basically unplayable at launch from the opening screen.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Let's not exercise hyperbole too much. 

Yes, Dragon's End has a lot of the playerbase's attention right now, and likely will continue to have it for some time.

Yes, it can be frustrating for any host of reasons. You know them, I won't repeat them for now.

No, it is not the only thing people are doing.

Yes, it is likely to be one of the more active events in terms of population majority, but you cannot in good conscience go full bandwagon on this.

Look, many of us are frustrated. Some of us are excited - thrilled, even at the prospect of an overworld event that is so challenging. I appreciate that it will likely test patience, I should know - I've attempted the sucker about 20 times to bo avail.

The expansion is exactly a week old, let it get more time. The most jarring thing about this experience is the fact that, up to this point, for 9 years the game never demanded this level of performance by its casual playerbase. And that is a worthwhile criticism of the plan.

Difficult overworld metas exist, but they are sparse. Serpent's Ire comes to mind. However, I, and many people like myself who have long desired to see something that wasn't immediately bull-dozed by people spamming #1 to do damage, are thrilled by this challenge.

I admit, the RNG elements are frustrating. And it's made worse, but I think there's a real disconnect amid the playerbase who never anticipated a challenge and those who never wanted a challenge

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Comparing EoD launch to Cyberpunk is laughably ridiculous. EoD has, objectively and unbiased, released with SIGNIFICANTLY fewer bugs and server problems than either of their past expansions. The content overall is largely perfectly fine, and the bugs that do exist are mostly minor and are in the midst of being fixed. The RNG problem with the final meta may be a bug, or it may be an unfortunate oversight, but it will be fixed nonetheless. The rest of the expansion overall is pretty much fine.

You're comparing that to arguably one of the buggiest and worst releases in gaming history and telling me that you think this is that bad? You're letting frustration utterly cloud your judgement, because that train of thought is delusional. Cyberpunk was basically unplayable at launch from the opening screen.

You missed the point of the post. 

Gotta understand that it is not a BUG/RNG, is the way they meant the event to be done. People gotta learn the mechanics and it takes time. 

The green aoes, anet can improve, for sure. Like make it a number of people returning, but not requiring everyone (or almost everyone) succeeding it...

There are tons of mobs and aoes, everyone has to learn what each aoe means and which mobs to prioritize.

Breakbar, they teached how to CC at the start of the story, so people should use it. If they don't, everyone fails, like Shatterer and the No Fly achievements. People have to learn CC someday. Maybe now they will.

It's awful, I know, but that's how it is. Like when people tried Dragon's Stand for the first week, failure everywhere. Then people started to learn and now it is way better. You often find maps who can CC the head every single time 🙂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

You missed the point of the post. 

Hardly. Your point was that the game was released incomplete. My response was that your point is objectively incorrect and you're hyperbolizing and over-dramatizing. What part did I miss?

Let me be clear that I also think this meta sucks a** in it's current state and that the RNG aspect is BS and needs to be fixed. Does that mean I agree with people like you who think that the entire expansion is a ruined mess because of that? No, because A) they're gonna address the problems, and B) There is soooooo much to do beyond this meta and getting a turtle. Hours upon hours of other things to do in all the other maps, but it's all just a "buggy unfinished mess" because of one thing.

Nope. I just don't buy all the grief and salt. This community is so hooked on instant gratification that they'll claim Anet stole money from them cus they couldn't get their end-game turtle within 1 week of launch. It's childish and ridiculous.

• Like 3

Bro it's like new years Gym Member, people only show up for about a month then they spread out. I've been working on xiuquatl and needed funerary incenses. The POF maps were DEAD and I mean COMPLETELY DEAD for an ENTIRE week and I wasn't able to get any until I played on Sunday and was able to get 100 of them. One more go and I will have it done. BUT: Drizzlewood Coast: EMPTY, POF EMPTY, World Boss : Empty, Fractals : Empty, Dungeons : Empty, Don't event try going to any original GW2 Maps as they are all dead as well and any map in the story lines, all dead as well. I am just completing story and working on the content at my pace, I really just don't care what people do anymore because it's fallen off so bad. This meta will get nerfed hard

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, hgkmaxymus.9321 said:

Gotta understand that it is not a BUG/RNG, is the way they meant the event to be done

Gonna have to disagree with you there, friend. It may be functioning the way they intended, but that doesn't mean the fight isn't RNG. Even the most intense raid content in this game has bosses follow patterns so that players can actively strategize what to do during each given minute of the fight. This boss will *literally* do 4 side swaps followed by 2 tail phases back to back from 100 - 80% in one fight, and the next time you do the meta she might only do 2 swaps in that phase and not lift her tail at all. There is zero consistency to her mechanics beyond the telegraphed events that happen at the 20% intervals. Everything in between is rolling the dice, which is why even some dedicated hardcore raid guilds are failing and some pugs randomly succeed.

I'm not a fan of how the community is reacting to this expac in general, but even I know there's definitely things wrong with the fight that they need to address.

• Thanks 1

I love this game so kitten much except the exceptionally carebare and clueless community. Seriously you face one simple challenge and start acting like this is the worst thing ever happened to this game and it's the end of the world...

I just came back to this game for the expension and I'm beyond satisfied so far. I was playing FF14 and Lost Ark for last couple of months. I would love to see you get over all the server queue, stupid bugs and the challlange i faced in the last couple of months.

Seriously one of you even compered this release with the kittne cyberpunk. Are you for real? This is probably the least problematic mmorpg release I experienced in the last couple of years. No queue, no downtime, no game breaking bugs. Nothing... Just a smooth and enjoyable experience.

You're hopeless...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Hardly. Your point was that the game was released incomplete. My response was that your point is objectively incorrect and you're hyperbolizing and over-dramatizing. What part did I miss?

Let me be clear that I also think this meta sucks a** in it's current state and that the RNG aspect is BS and needs to be fixed. Does that mean I agree with people like you who think that the entire expansion is a ruined mess because of that? No, because A) they're gonna address the problems, and B) There is soooooo much to do beyond this meta and getting a turtle. Hours upon hours of other things to do in all the other maps, but it's all just a "buggy unfinished mess" because of one thing.

Nope. I just don't buy all the grief and salt. This community is so hooked on instant gratification that they'll claim Anet stole money from them cus they couldn't get their end-game turtle within 1 week of launch. It's childish and ridiculous.

The point was against your notion of “fixable bugs” and “unfinished” being two separate things. I brought up a Cyberpunk as it had fixable bugs and yet people criticized it as unfinished. Testing is a part of any release. 

You should also realize that I did not give my position in this thread. I simply disagreed with a part of your post. 

Edited by mythical.6315

People in Seitung: Still enjoying the new expac story

People in Kaening: TP to friend to JP puzzle

People in Echovald: What people? 

People in Jade Sea: Wasting time thinking they actually have a chance of getting this trap they called a turtle. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 11:03 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Take a look at LFG for Dragon's End, and play the game. No one is doing anything else.

"No one is doing anything else" is just objectively false. So what content specifically don't people do because of EoD in your opinion?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

The point was against your notion of “fixable bugs” and “unfinished” being two separate things. I brought up a Cyberpunk as it had fixable bugs and yet people criticized it as unfinished. Testing is a part of any release. 

You should also realize that I did not give my position in this thread. I simply disagreed with a part of your post. 

Cyberpunk was a moot point because it actually WAS unfinished. As someone who knows a former member of the CDPR software team (left the company shortly before the launch of Cyberpunk), the code that they released at game launch was literally so splotchy and incomplete that the game broke on multiple levels before anyone ever had the chance to actually play a majority of the content.

That's the difference. Cyberpunk was, at it's core, not an issue with bugs. It was fundamentally fragile at launch because they released before it was done being coded. EoD can be experienced start to finish with very few issues other than the struggles with the final meta, and the ONLY thing we're all missing out on is the rewards and satisfaction of victory.

Testing is of course part of releases, but this notion that any online game can be launched "bug-free" is pretty nuts. There will always be kinks to iron out, developers are not perfect, and as I've mentioned before this release has already been way smoother than HoT or PoF.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Gonna have to disagree with you there, friend. It may be functioning the way they intended, but that doesn't mean the fight isn't RNG. Even the most intense raid content in this game has bosses follow patterns so that players can actively strategize what to do during each given minute of the fight. This boss will *literally* do 4 side swaps followed by 2 tail phases back to back from 100 - 80% in one fight, and the next time you do the meta she might only do 2 swaps in that phase and not lift her tail at all. There is zero consistency to her mechanics beyond the telegraphed events that happen at the 20% intervals. Everything in between is rolling the dice, which is why even some dedicated hardcore raid guilds are failing and some pugs randomly succeed.

I'm not a fan of how the community is reacting to this expac in general, but even I know there's definitely things wrong with the fight that they need to address.

I gotta admit that, yeah. That's what I forgot while typing, sorry 😜 (probability of the tail, making you go to the other side of the arena)

But the map I was in, there were people paying attention to the possible tail all times, so whenever it popped, they already let everyone know and, asap, people would go there and hit it accordingly. I think we had the tail 4 times during the run, can't recall. The side swaps, do they make the boss invulnerable? I remember dodging them and coming back to deal damage right away, and it didn't take long (again, as I recall xD foggy memories, late night and all)

The map also had a condi squad, and the skills synced really well.