Im pleased the Dragon Meta is hard because...

10 minutes ago, White Dragon.5429 said:

You do realize that the overwhelming difficulty is making people burn out extra fast, right?

This.  Every map I've been in, I've seen people saying this... it's way too hard and takes too long, with no reward if you lose (and most people lose.)  Dragon's Stand takes a long time, too, as does the Octovine meta, but people didn't burn out on those because there were lots of tasty rewards to keep playing it.

I think ANet needs to take a hard look at the combination of factors here -- incredible time sink, high chance to fail, and no reward if you do fail -- and come to terms with the fact that this isn't sustainable.  It's a wonderful meta, it just needs to be tweaked to reward people who stay the whole time.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, White Dragon.5429 said:

You do realize that the overwhelming difficulty is making people burn out extra fast, right?  Most people say that once they get the turtle egg they'll never touch this meta event again.  It's not a reason for returning, it's a reason to never return after you clear it once.

That's highly subjective ... like, of ALL the content there is ... THIS is the burnout factor in EoD? After not even a week of release? Weird. 

But you did hit on something. If the egg is REALLY the only reason people are doing it, that will be a problem for the future. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's highly subjective ... like, of ALL the content there is ... THIS is the burnout factor in EoD? Weird. 

The reason people are burning out over this is because the Siege Turtle mount, one of the most anticipated advertised aspects of this entire expansion, is gated behind it.  People are tired of wasting 2 hours per attempt with no hope of actually beating this meta, and therefore never getting the chance to start the turtle collection.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, White Dragon.5429 said:

The reason people are burning out over this is because the Siege Turtle mount, one of the most anticipated advertised aspects of this entire expansion, is gated behind it.  People are tired of wasting 2 hours per attempt with no hope of actually beating this meta, and therefore never getting the chance to start the turtle collection.

Sure ... and they should know better than to think they are just going to go in, successfully complete a new meta event less than a week into its release. 

I'm with the OP on this one ... hard content in OW should NOT be something to complain about. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sure ... and they should know better than to think they are just going to go in, successfully complete a new meta event less than a week into its release. 

I'm with the OP on this one ... hard content in OW should NOT be something to complain about. 

Im not fussed about difficulty, but its mostly a dig at how empty, boring, uneventful and unimaginative the other maps are...

A malfunctioning jad bot?  O boy!!