EoD is Fine. Really.

I see a lot of posts here explaining in detail exactly why EoD is not fine.  And that's fine.. the only issue I would take with those posts is they present their opinions as if they are objective, and not subjective.  Just because THEY don't like the aesthetics or zone design, or metas, or whatever, doesn't mean everyone doesn't.  To me, I like the zones.  They look big without actually being that big.  And the design is great, in my opinion.  You can really tell that a lot of people put a lot of work into the vision that they had for EoD.  Whether you like that vision or not, that's just you.  They've put a ton of great work into this, and they deserve to be recognized for it.  Yes, there are bugs and issues as there always are in a new content release. To be expected, and frankly I won't get on their case about that.  I prefer to focus on what they've accomplished than the few things they messed up on.  They'll address the issues.

Now, I have a post or two here regarding the Dragon's End meta, and the turtle collection gated behind it.  Personally, that's not a particular design decision that I liked, but it is what it is.  The meta is very doable now, after the tweaking they did yesterday.  I did 2 or 3 metas after the tweak, and we failed.  And then late last night I did a meta and we finished with something like 2:30 left on the boss timer.  So yeah, based on that, I'd say the tweak they did was sufficient.  I think a big factor in a lot of metas is some bad luck RNG towards the end.  When we finished with 2.5 mins left on the timer, the RNG just happened to favour us that time.  Sometimes it doesn't.  Bottom line, it'll happen eventually.  So I'm okay with the Dragon's End meta now after that tweak.  It addresses the biggest complaint about that mechanic, which was the green circles and the ability for a troll to cause a fail and make 50 people waste 2 hours of their time.  So, good for Anet for seeing what the real issue was there, and addressing it.  They kinda should have known that a troll could cause an issue there, but they never thought about it.  Another thing they could tweak is the tail mechanic, maybe.  But then that's it, don't do anything else to nerf the mechanic.  And it's debatable if they even need to tweak the tail.  Just a matter of people responding quickly enough.  And a bit of RNG.

Anyway... NOW that I have my turtle, I can go back to doing the story, going through the zones and discovering stuff and basically just enjoying the game again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

Yes Anet deserves some compliment. I find this expac to be the best in terms of story delivery.

However I have to disagree on the Meta being doable. People are frustrated because some including myself had spent more than 10 hours of fail attempts just to get the turtle. Why would the heavily advertised turtle be tied to other 50 random players that I have no control over. Just poor design and forethought in my opinion.

• Confused 1

Let's be honest, those opinion of yours are also subjectives.
My major issues with Expansion are mostly based on the limiting aspects.

- The Maps looks gorgeous IF I wasn't assaulted by so many Red Colors (yes Jade is supposed to be Green, but Green doesn't exist in my world.).
-- Also I'm not someone who is geographically challenged, but man those maps are mazes.
--- And due to the colors problems I'm having not even the map can help.

(NOTE: Which I did reported to ANet ahead of time the importance of bringing the accessibilty options, because I saw it coming. Just to be shunned away (leading to ANet not prioritizing those features) by people who are not even dealing with this Struggle.)
Well low and behold it ended up affecting how much I enjoyed the expansion (which is not a lot).

- The Final fight is a just a huge cluster of particles that just makes my head spins.

- The music is amazing, but hearing the same music in a loop for over an hour because of a bug... a little bit less enjoyable.

- Several NPCs are talking over each others (the final Meta is a FINE example of where it would actually be an hindrance).
---------
Everyone has right to their opinions, but I think "Being Limited" feedback should mark more points than "Enjoyment" points in that matter.

We WANT to enjoy the content at the same level you do, but we cannot because of how behind of your enjoyment the issues disclaimed are to us.

I am NOT invalidating you, but you should at least have the consciousness that there is people less fortunate than you and that their opinion also matters too. Instead of Protecting like if there is absolutely no issue, those are only issues that doesn't affect you personally, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't occurs.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cranberry.5849 said:

Yes Anet deserves some compliment. I find this expac to be the best in terms of story delivery.

However I have to disagree on the Meta being doable. People are frustrated because some including myself had spent more than 10 hours of fail attempts just to get the turtle. Why would the heavily advertised turtle be tied to other 50 random players that I have no control over. Just poor design and forethought in my opinion.

10 hours.. luxury. 😛  I have over 40 hours of failed attempts.  I just kept spamming the meta until eventually I got into one that worked.

And for those who are wondering what kind of a team we had where we finished with 2:30 left on the timer, we went in with mostly condi specs.  Having to jump, dodge and run around doesn't hurt as bad because condi is the gift that keeps on giving through all that.  Power specs have to stop their dps to do that.  Condi does not.  Anyway, that's what worked for us.  Your mileage may vary.

The tweak they implemented yesterday makes the meta more doable without really nerfing it too much.

I'm not invalidating your experiences, Kuro.  And of course my opinions are subjective. I never considered them to be otherwise.

I agree that Anet should work on an Accessibility option in the graphics settings, though. That's a good idea.  

And finally, I never said your opinion doesn't matter.  Nor do I consider myself to be more fortunate than you overall.  Maybe in that I don't have colour issues, sure. But I'm sure there are things you can do that I cannot, too.  

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast.5416 said:

I'm not invalidating your experiences, Kuro.  And of course my opinions are subjective. I never considered them to be otherwise.

I agree that Anet should work on an Accessibility option in the graphics settings, though. That's a good idea.  

And finally, I never said your opinion doesn't matter.  Nor do I consider myself to be more fortunate than you overall.  Maybe in that I don't have colour issues, sure. But I'm sure there are things you can do that I cannot, too.  

No you didn't said that, I wholly agree...

... however by how so many people who actually did invalidates everything we have a legit concerns about, we are ending up having an expectation that this message is what it means.
This is why we actually need more support to be heard out, instead of those who try to mitigate everything from behind the group (who just want the game to improve for "Everyone" instead of "Themselves and only Themselves").

• Confused 1

What I have seen until now EOD is really high quality and I like it a lot.

Yes blasting our eyes with shining effects is a problem but that has always been the problem in this game.

As for the metas. They often fail when new and people are not yet familiar with them and when everyone is doing them. Once it settles, these will be completed regurarly. Overall they are very good. The only improvement I would do is mark all the (pre) events on the map. The events are all over the place and require players to spread (which I like) but please mark all the places of interest on the map.

• Confused 2