catalyst in wvw is soo bad

Ragnarox.9601

On 3/7/2022 at 3:49 PM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Here is a secret. The weapon choice doesnt matter. The real strength of catalyst is the 20% extra stats and running celestial to cap your might.  The rest of its design literally does not matter.

You still do worse than a Weaver, while having to take horrible traits and no aura stability.

On 3/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Anybody testing it in wvw ?

Full cele hammer gear - water/arcane build - god kitten this hit like wet noodle.....its like I do 1/4 dmg like in pve. Why is it so nerfed in wvw?

Full mara hammer gear - its even worse than cele gear, hitting like wet noodle and no healing.

There is literally 0 hammer catalysts so far in wvw, havent seen any there.

Catalyst is kinda bad but you are running 3 support trait lines what do you even expect

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 3:49 AM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Here is a secret. The weapon choice doesnt matter. The real strength of catalyst is the 20% extra stats and running celestial to cap your might.  The rest of its design literally does not matter.

Unfortunately, you need to play with your tempest friends to fully enjoy the trait.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

Actually I think dagger catalyst isn't terrible in WVW, though tempest is better.

However, after nearly 10 years of playing dagger, THE LAST THING I could possible want is to be forced to play dagger for another 2 years because the design team weren't capable of making a weapon that is at least minimally viable in all 3 major game modes.