"End of Dragons" - Are these weapon skins available to players or are they NPC only?

While roaming around New Kaineng I came across these random events and noticed that these NPCs were carrying jade-tech rifles and pistols (well, all kinds of weapons) that looks very different compared to the "Jade Tech Rifle" or "Jade Tech Pistol".

Now I have an Asura engineer who now has that Jade Tech golem and I'd love to know if I can get her these rifle and pistol skins. The "Jade Tech Rifle" and "Jade Tech Pistol" just looks too bulky for my tastes but these looked pretty nice imo so I'd love to know if players can get these skins somewhere. I did notice that they all shoot green/jade energy shots so I was wondering if these are the legendary weapons or something. Although that would be a bit wierd to see common bandits all running around with legendary items. 

If someone could help me out to tell me how/where to obtain them I'd appreciate it very much. 😀

1 hour ago, keramatzmode.1906 said:

The rifle is a Plasma Rifle skin. You can buy it from Trading Post, or do LWS return achievements.

Thanks! Were those introduced in "End of Dragons" or were they already ingame? I don't recall seeing weapon skins that aren't legendary shooting green bullets. Or do those NPCs have special versions of these skins? 😅

What are LWS return achievement by the way? What does "LWS" stand for?

The plasma rifle skin has been there for a while, way before PoF even.

LWS stands for Living World or Living Story. In the journal, you can see there is a gap between expansion stories, PoF, HoT. The gaps are Living Story 2, 3, and 4. There is also IBS (Ice Brood Saga), which is "expansion level content" in Living Story Package. Think of them as DLC missions, where you need to spend gems to unlock them. They also unlock a new map for you to explore and they have currency, vendors that sells exclusive items and ascended trinkets. They are however, free, for a time period (about 3-6 months or so) between the time of their release, up to the next LWS content release. Past that time period, you have to buy each for 200 gems, or get the whole package of LWS for cheap. They often go to sale so I suggest you wait for those. Remember you can exchange gold->gem, and its totally worth it, especially for certain maps and you need ascended trinkets for fractals.

LWS return achievement is an achievement list you need to do at the map for each of the "DLC" maps. It's simple stuff like doing events or gather some materials at the nodes. The LWS return achievement is added during End of Dragons announcement, so its an incentive for people to do the LWS content while waiting for the expansion. It will remain there, and you also get a legendary Amulet, where you can give ALL your characters Legendary Amulet with changable stats on-the-fly once you unlock it. It's pretty good.

The green bullets you see from Jade Brotherhood are specific to the NPC. Weird, I know. However, the gun itself does not give any projectile effects if you use it. If you buy the skin, all your attack projectile remains the same.

Seems like you're a new player, I suggest just buy the skin because its pretty cheap at 31 gold.

EDIT: The LWS youre looking for is LWS4, for Path of Fire. You only need to do one map return achievements, and you get the Plasma Weapon Cache, and choose the rifle. 
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plasma_Weapon_Cache

Edited by keramatzmode.1906
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, keramatzmode.1906 said:

The plasma rifle skin has been there for a while, way before PoF even.

LWS stands for Living World or Living Story. In the journal, you can see there is a gap between expansion stories, PoF, HoT. The gaps are Living Story 2, 3, and 4. There is also IBS (Ice Brood Saga), which is "expansion level content" in Living Story Package. Think of them as DLC missions, where you need to spend gems to unlock them. They also unlock a new map for you to explore and they have currency, vendors that sells exclusive items and ascended trinkets. They are however, free, for a time period (about 3-6 months or so) between the time of their release, up to the next LWS content release. Past that time period, you have to buy each for 200 gems, or get the whole package of LWS for cheap. They often go to sale so I suggest you wait for those. Remember you can exchange gold->gem, and its totally worth it, especially for certain maps and you need ascended trinkets for fractals.

LWS return achievement is an achievement list you need to do at the map for each of the "DLC" maps. It's simple stuff like doing events or gather some materials at the nodes. The LWS return achievement is added during End of Dragons announcement, so its an incentive for people to do the LWS content while waiting for the expansion. It will remain there, and you also get a legendary Amulet, where you can give ALL your characters Legendary Amulet with changable stats on-the-fly once you unlock it. It's pretty good.

The green bullets you see from Jade Brotherhood are specific to the NPC. Weird, I know. However, the gun itself does not give any projectile effects if you use it. If you buy the skin, all your attack projectile remains the same.

Seems like you're a new player, I suggest just buy the skin because its pretty cheap at 31 gold.

EDIT: The LWS youre looking for is LWS4, for Path of Fire. You only need to do one map return achievements, and you get the Plasma Weapon Cache, and choose the rifle. 
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plasma_Weapon_Cache

Thanks a lot for the information. I was merely confused by what the acronym stood for. 😃

I'm not really a new player though as I've been here since before launch. So 2012 player here with all the Living Story unlocks.  😅

Now I remember all those plasma weapons from the Black Lion trader. Kinda sucks that these NPCs have those cool green bullets and sound effects while ours just have crappy regular stuff. I know that was a decision by ANet because there was a cool high-tech looking rifle skin in the Gem Store at one point but people complained that it didn't have any special sound effects when shooting. ANet explained that they didn't want to 'lessen' the special feeling of legendary weapons (which was a wierd reason as legendary weapons also have other visual effects like footprints and a glow around your arms etc.).

Ah well, at least I already built HOPE for my legendary pistol as well as the legendary bow and raven staff for my Sylvari Ranger. Maybe I should check and see what the legendary rifle in "End of Dragons" looks like (provided there is a new legendary rifle). 😉

Thanks again for all the info! I appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keramatzmode.1906 said:

Ah cool, I was a returning player too after 3 year hiatus. 
There are still weapons skins that are not legendary, but still has unique sound and projectile effect, namely the pistol crossbow and rifle bolt thrower "Ironsight".

Interesting. That pistol appears to be a weapon that I've never seen before. Then again with so many weapons I guess it's easy to miss things sometimes. I mainly remember that expensive high-tech rifle in the trading post that was like €10 but didn't have any special sound of anything. So I didn't bother with it as for that money I'd like my skins to at least do something more than just be a skin. 😅

But yeah, there are some weapons that appear to have unique sound effects. That toy rifle from Wintersday and the slingshot as well. It's just a shame that most rifles and pistols just have their generic sound effects. Heck, my Asura engineer uses one of those hi-tech Asura rifles but the sounds are just regular gunshots. So I mainly had it to match my outfit but switched to a flamethrower whenever I could. 😉

And with my rotten luck I never received anything good out of those "Guaranteed Unlocks" where they suddenly give me a "Steel Shield" or other crappy thing which was just like a regular old wooden shield but renamed so ANet could fill up their unlocks with useless crap. They seem to fill up the list with those worthless 'skins' from time to time just to cause bloat.  😜

Edited by Aveneo.2068

13 hours ago, Aveneo.2068 said:

Thanks a lot for the information. I was merely confused by what the acronym stood for. 😃

I'm not really a new player though as I've been here since before launch. So 2012 player here with all the Living Story unlocks.  😅

Now I remember all those plasma weapons from the Black Lion trader. Kinda sucks that these NPCs have those cool green bullets and sound effects while ours just have crappy regular stuff. I know that was a decision by ANet because there was a cool high-tech looking rifle skin in the Gem Store at one point but people complained that it didn't have any special sound effects when shooting. ANet explained that they didn't want to 'lessen' the special feeling of legendary weapons (which was a wierd reason as legendary weapons also have other visual effects like footprints and a glow around your arms etc.).

Ah well, at least I already built HOPE for my legendary pistol as well as the legendary bow and raven staff for my Sylvari Ranger. Maybe I should check and see what the legendary rifle in "End of Dragons" looks like (provided there is a new legendary rifle). 😉

Thanks again for all the info! I appreciate it.

The Predator legendary rifle has a high tech laser shooting sounds and red/orange beams.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Runiir! Yeah, if "End of Dragons" doesn't have any cool legendary rifle I may just go and build Predator instead. 😃

I just hoped that these guns the NPC's in Cantha were usins were something new that we could collect as those green bullets looked pretty cool. Sadly it seems that the weapons are from the existing Plasma set yet our version doesn't have those cool visual and sound effects. 

Cheers!

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

if u play deadeye, u rifle sound get replaced by a profession specific.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was primarily looking for something for my Engineer though, as I now have that Jade Golem running around with me. 😉