Fishing Mini-Game

I wanted fishing in the game, but not as a mini-game. Especially one like it is now, at level 4 Mastery and its still nearly impossible for me to catch anything due to my arthritis. I was hoping for something more like EQ or WoW have for their fishing, but someone unfortunately felt a mini-game in an MMO was the smarter move. For me it was not. So far this has been my only complaint about EoD. Everything else I've experienced has been fun and definitely worth the money. Raptor Taxis, the new Elite specs I've tried and the Open World content have all been a joy so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Me too. I love ingame fishing as a way to relax.  In Ultima Online I was in the Fishing Council (guild).  We went out every Tue night with as many people as we could cram into a boat and just fished and visited (usually at least 25 of us).  We would catch some fish, some sea monsters, and occasionally throw out a net for bigger sea monsters. Rum was had by all.  That is the MMO portion combined with the RPG.  It was great. 

The fishing was what I was really looking forward to in this expansion and I really hate the mini-game aspect to it.  Bummer. 😎

• Like 1